Need help install window VISTA

2niceguy

Weaksauce
Hi all,

i'm newbie for window vista. I have Ultimate window vista+sp1. I'm installing the window right now and pop up screen said: Select the operating system you want to install:

1. Windows Vista Ultimate X86
2. Windows Vista Ultimate X64

Please help me which one i have to choose.

thank you:confused:

after i installed it, some of software does not work like DVD shrink and fire fox3..so on. What should i do?

You may need the 64-bit versions of certain applications. However, Firefox should definitely work. Redownload the installer and try to install it again.

mine sometime works only, now i'm decided go back to 32bit and see how different.

I know you said you going back to 32bit vista but I was wondering if you had installed all the proper 64bit drivers before you gave up?

mine sometime works only, now i'm decided go back to 32bit and see how different.
Why give up so fast, especially when those programs are known to work fine in x64? Is it worth not using all of your memory?

For the most part, if something works fine on 32 bit Vista, it should work just fine on 64 bit Vista as well.

Also, I've had no trouble with DVD Shrink or Firefox on Vista64 and that's what's running on my main system right now.

sometime turn on comp, it works...sometime it does not work both of them(fire fox and dvd shrink)..have no ideas

Reinstall Firefox and DVDshrink. Seems obvious. I've used both those apps on 4 different Vista Ultimate 64bit machines, so... it's something on your end, and it's not the OS.

ok. i'll try it again ...Other question, have anyone use stardock? when can i dl it. I have the old CPU which is E4600 and bad axle board.. So i think i 'll go with 32 bit. Is it bad axle can go with E8400? or Q6600?

It's a Bad Axe. And is it the original Bad Axe, or the Bad Axe 2? Big difference. The E4600 is a 64bit capable chip, so there's no real reason to go 32bit.

i have Bad Axe 2 and E6400 not E4600 sorry my bad.. now i want to upgrade much dont have much money!!!! So which CPU should i buy now

The E6400 is still a very capable chip. What is it not doing fast enough for you? If you haven't already you should try overclocking before buying a new chip -- the BadAxe2 is a very good board for OCing.

yeah, i did overclock to 2.4ghz. So for window vista i only need to install 32bit right?

You want to upgrade, but dont have much money, but you bought Vista Ultimate and also 4gb memory??
Did you also buy 2 Velociraptors to run in Raid0 too?

yeah, i did overclock to 2.4ghz. So for window vista i only need to install 32bit right?
Drop down the speeds to stock, and then install Vista. I'd still go with Vista x64, and make sure you install your drivers in tthe proper order.

I personally don't see any reason not to run Vista64 over Vista32 at this point. Just about anyone who is going to run Vista is going to have a 64 bit CPU which means they can run the OS. Also, anything that can run under Vista32 will run under Vista64. Drivers should not be a problem for the most part as manufacturers have to have 32 and 64 bit versions of the drivers for Vista in order to receive WHQL status so if there are drivers for Vista32, there are drivers for Vista64 for the most part.

I just don't understand why people seem to think Vista32 is some type of magical cure for problems with Vista64.

Back