Need for Speed Rivals PC

Isn't it locked to 30 FPS or something stupid? And if you try to unlock the physics / game speed goes crazy?

Fuck Target and their card. $9.67 I'll wait for Origin to put it on sale.

Isn't it locked to 30 FPS or something stupid? And if you try to unlock the physics / game speed goes crazy?

I was able to set it to 60, but It's been a while since I played it. I think it only went crazy if your PC couldn't keep a steady 60 fps.

It's actually a pretty demanding game, so I just kept the limit on. Unlocking the frame rate wasn't worth the hassle, and tbh I never really noticed it that much at a constant 30 FPS. YMMV of course.

It doesn't mention Origin by name just that it is downloadable from the publisher. I am fairly certain that means Origin but I can update you for sure when my code shows up.

Thanks, what's the estimated shipping timeframe?

Well I got an email today from Synnex electronic Software Download that contained the key for the game. It is an Origin key, I am not sure why they wanted to charge shipping if they were just going to email the key to me. I wonder if I will actually get anything in the mail.

I just received my key, and it wasn't until after I redeemed it that I realized it's a car pack.

I'm going to wait just a bit and make sure they aren't sending another key over.

I would make an archive link and take some screens of that page in case shit hits the fan. Nothing on that product page indicates that it is just a car pack. The title itself and the product picture implies that it's the full game.

Thanks OP! We have a Target card so without the shipping costs it is a pretty good deal.

And good suggestion, Armenius.

I just received my key, and it wasn't until after I redeemed it that I realized it's a car pack.

I'm going to wait just a bit and make sure they aren't sending another key over.

I see that now too. Hopefully they are actually sending something else.

dr-evil-s-laugh-o.gif

Damn Target is on a roll. First they trolled a millions people by getting all of our debit cards cancelled. Then try trolled you into buying a DLC for a game you don't even own.

Bravo Target, Bravo.

Well I got an email earlier today saying my order was delayed. I got another a few minutes ago saying it has shipped. Hopefully this will be the game and not some dlc key.

I received the email containing the code, as others above. It redeemed for the 'Need for Speed Rivals Ferrari Edizioni Speciali Complete Pack,' containing two car models with a racer and cop version of each.

No shipping email yet.

Well I gave them a call and spent a good time on the phone with Target.
They first wanted to know how I knew what the key was for without activating, and I told him about Origin's key activation and how it would let you see what the key was for.
They seemed confused on the matter, at first he suggested going to the store and having them give me the correct item, But I told him I don't have the physical item since they sent me an email product key.
He then tried to find the ferrari dlc on the target website and couldn't find it, and then he talked to a supervisor and came to the conclusion that this wasn't the whole thing and that the rest was coming through the mail. So I should wait for the rest of it through the mail.

So I assume one of 2 things could happen.

1. These game that are on sale are from before the ferrari dlc so they are either sending a box copy through mail and completing it with ferrari dlc keys since they can no longer sell them retail as complete packages, or they are manually putting these kits together through different sources.

2. He is wrong.

But until I wait for the estimate delivery time I won't know.

Last edited:
Do people recommend this game? I've been looking at it but not sure I want to pony up the cash.

Do people recommend this game? I've been looking at it but not sure I want to pony up the cash.
I have not liked the NFS games made by Criterion, but I was willing to give this a shot at such a low price. I knew something fishy had to be going on when the lowest I have seen the complete edition go for is around $40 US. The base game is $20 right now in the Origin store. That plus the $20 for the complete DLC pack brings it up to the price of the complete edition.

For a PC game, this title is janky as hell.
If you want 60fps, it must be above it at all times or the game will slow down.
See here for all kinds of workarounds including that. http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Rivals
Definitely not for me, even at $6. Probably the worst NFS, technically, they have ever made. Smells up and down of console port and rushed to market.

I like this game a lot. I had a lot of fun racing especially with the 60 fps tweak and resolution tweak its even better.

Anyone received anything in the mail yet? All I got so far is the DLC key via email like others. Hasn't been seven business days yet so I'll give it a few more days until making calls.

Anyone received anything in the mail yet? All I got so far is the DLC key via email like others. Hasn't been seven business days yet so I'll give it a few more days until making calls.

Just the Ferrari DLC key so far. I did get the shipping notice about 10 days ago.

I just got in touch with Target, and they're basically telling me to pound sand.

You are now connected to Abraham.
Abraham:Thanks for shopping on Target.com. My name is Abraham. How can I help you?
Garrett:I was writing in regards to my order 102440703672.
Garrett:I ordered the need for speed rivals pc download, but have only ever received a key for DLC.
Garrett:I never received the core game.
Abraham:Let me check and help you with that.
Garrett:Thanks.
Abraham:Thanks for the order number.
Abraham:Can I have your full name and email address?
Garrett: -Name-, and my email is -redacted-
Abraham:Thank you.
Abraham:Would you mind waiting a few minutes while I check into that?
Garrett:That'd be fine.
Abraham:Thanks for waiting. I appreciate your patience.
Abraham:Garrett, electronic Software Download or delivered product is just like box software equivalent. This is a full version of the software, usually with the exact same End User License Agreement (license/use rights).
Abraham:Once you download the product directly to your computer from the Publisher site or a secure source endorsed by the Publisher rather than installing from a disk.
Abraham:The download link, instructions and license key are set to the you via email, usually in 1-3 hours from purchase (deliveries can take up to 24 hours)
Garrett:Right. But the key didn't activate the full game, only downloadable cars from the game.
Garrett:Even the email with the key I received had this description:
Garrett:NFS RIVALS FERRARI COP/RACER BUNDLE ESD
Garrett:It's only additional content, and not the game.
Abraham:Since the key din't not activate the full game let me guide you to the manufacturer who can help you with more details.
Garrett:The manufacturer can't help me, I need a key for the game.
Garrett:They aren't the ones who sold me a DLC key instead of a full game.
Abraham:Garrett, as we are a chat Target.com team member we don't have an option and much information about the product.
Garrett:Can you escalate the matter?
Abraham:.
Abraham:I understand this has been a frustrating experience! That’s not the typical experience we want our guests to have when visiting Target.com. I’ll make sure to document your feedback and get them shared with our leadership team. However you can contact our Target guest service team at 800-591-3869.

I just got in touch with Target, and they're basically telling me to pound sand.

Abraham:Thanks for shopping on Target.com. My name is Abraham. How can I help you?
Garrett:I ordered the need for speed rivals pc download, but have only ever received a key for DLC.
Abraham:Garrett, electronic Software Download or delivered product is just like box software equivalent. This is a full version of the software, usually with the exact same End User License Agreement (license/use rights).
Abraham:Once you download the product directly to your computer from the Publisher site or a secure source endorsed by the Publisher rather than installing from a disk.
Abraham:The download link, instructions and license key are set to the you via email, usually in 1-3 hours from purchase (deliveries can take up to 24 hours)
Garrett:Right. But the key didn't activate the full game, only downloadable cars from the game.
Abraham:Since the key din't not activate the full game let me guide you to the manufacturer who can help you with more details.
Abraham:Garrett, as we are a chat Target.com team member we don't have an option and much information about the product.
Abraham:I understand this has been a frustrating experience! That’s not the typical experience we want our guests to have when visiting Target.com. I’ll make sure to document your feedback and get them shared with our leadership team. However you can contact our Target guest service team at 800-591-3869.

I knew there was a reason I passed on this deal.... It's somewhere back there in the comments as to why. This is just another reason I'm glad I didn't bite. Good ol Target. :rolleyes:

Call them. If they don't give you a copy of the game, call your CC company and contest the charge. I'd take a screen cap of the offer as well. Not sure what it was then, but it's currently 5.99 and it's clearly marked as the version that comes with the game.

5 bucks is a good deal, but it's believable, given that $20.00 gets the same package at Amazon (and AFAIK, that's not a sale price).

Sorry Everyone, I guess it was too good to be true. Good luck to all of you in dealing with getting your money back.

I got an email a week ago that said my order has been delaywed and to expect delivery between today and the 2nd.....I'll call them after the 2nd

For a PC game, this title is janky as hell.
If you want 60fps, it must be above it at all times or the game will slow down.
See here for all kinds of workarounds including that. http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Rivals
Definitely not for me, even at $6. Probably the worst NFS, technically, they have ever made. Smells up and down of console port and rushed to market.

The game is locked to 30FPS. It can be increased to 60FPS and evidently there are some fixes out there which make it playable at that frame rate.

The PC versions of these game are a double edged sword. EA won't bother to do a good port of these games if they don't sell well. PC Gamers won't buy them because the ports are so fucking horrible. 30FPS locks that actually govern the physics of the game are very 1990's. AA settings and other graphics tweaks have been missing since before NFS Most Wanted. NFS Most Wanted's remake was a travesty because it wouldn't support dual core CPUs properly when quad-cores were already fairly common. That game had rampant stability issues and EA never did clear up its problems with that title.

Has anyone actually gotten the game? Called Target this morning and despite saying it should have been delivered yesterday, Target says it's still in transit and to give it more time. Said to call in another week if its not shown up.

Has anyone actually gotten the game? Called Target this morning and despite saying it should have been delivered yesterday, Target says it's still in transit and to give it more time. Said to call in another week if its not shown up.

Nothing since the Ferrari key.

Despite typically being a man of principle, I spent a little over $5. Not worth the time and effort for me to fight it. I got something, at least.

This is pure bullshit how they give you the run around. I really enjoyed the game when it came out. I thinkbpeople bitched about it too much. Fps fix and AA scaling fixes made this game very enjoyable.

Just got off the phone with Target again, They said they would refund my money, no other option.....

Back