NCASE M1 Softshell Carry Bag for community

Note: My printer didn’t print the black background of the label well. The cloth label would, I’m sure, be a truer black. Also,dark and cloudy made for terrible lighting in these pictures and I regret they don't show off the bag better.

Option 1: No label

Option 2A: 2 inch label on long side top (shown with flap pocket and with open pocket)

Option 2B: 2 inch label on narrow side bottom (I may have positioned it too high?)

Option 3A: 3 inch label on long side

Option 3B: 3 inch label on narrow side

Option 4: 4 inch label on long side

My vote is for briefcase style. It keeps is looking slim and neat, much like the NCASE itself.

As for the logo, I like Option 2A on the images you uploaded. Nice and clean.

Yes, good catch. Necere says the logo is PMS 426 on black. 426 actually being fairly dark gray, and I definitely don't want to massacre their logo.

Actually, I meant a darker silver or grey for the lettering (to appease those that don't like the logo, or feel it stands out too much). Whatever black matches the bag would probably be good for the background of the tag. What you did in your new mock-ups looks a lot better, and is def more subtle.

I think all of the label positions you did look really nice imo.. but honestly, think 2A placement on the upper-middle long side looks best to me for some reason. It actually makes the pocket cover flap look cleaner.

Btw, what's up with the one upper corner that sticks out further than the rest? Kinda has a chef's hat thing going on :D

Not to nit pick or sound mean but those pics are not very good. The logos all look bad to me. :(

Actually, I meant a darker silver or grey for the lettering (to appease those that don't like the logo, or feel it stands out too much). Whatever black matches the bag would probably be good for the background of the tag. What you did in your new mock-ups looks a lot better, and is def more subtle.
We are saying the same thing. :) Dark grey lettering on a black label background. That is what my mock-ups attempted to estimate (maybe poorly).

Not to nit pick or sound mean but those pics are not very good. The logos all look bad to me. :(

I apologize. I don't own a real camera and the bag is leaving me 7:30am this morning, so I didn't have time to recruit someone with real camera skills. The next opportunity for me to do so will probably be two weeks from now. I decided posting something was better than nothing, but perhaps that was a bad choice. It is also valid for us to decide we don't want a label, especially if we can't see it in advance.

Very few opinions posted on the topic, so far. I hope we'll be able to meet the minimum order.

IMHO it looks like the M1 could move quite a lot in that bag though. The M1 reservoir doesn't look that big after all.

I understand why you have that impression, the angle of the picture makes it look like there is more empty-space in the length than there is, for some reason. If total length of M1+reservoir= 36.8cm, there will be slightly less than .75cm on either end of the bag. I think it would be awkward to make it any tighter.

I don't really need one of these bags, but would pick one up just to make my M1 "complete" and easily transportable if/when needed.

That said, I have no strong preference on the option, but less is more imo -- so option 1 or 2.

Subscribed for details on how to order one when the time comes.

I'd prefer an option for a 2''x1'' that only says Ncase rather than making it square and include the gigantic M1 on it. The M1 itself doesn't feature it's name on it (for those of us who remember the debate over how the logo should be applied), so I'd prefer it to be absent from the bag as well. Optimally, I'd want a simple Ncase printed on the front exactly where it's featured on the case itself, so a variation of 2A. But if the M1 is there to stay, then I vote no label.

As for the other options, I'd rather have 4 cargo pockets, just to keep the look symmetric across the case. I'd like to see what kind of feet she'd be thinking of adding before choosing one way or another, as I'm not opposed to feet but would rather have nothing then something that doesn't look right. And I don't have a reservoir to worry about, though I'd check to make sure the popular FrozenQ fits.

Thank you for the replies. That is helpful.
We must agree on a label *size* but not a label location. Overwhelmingly, it seems like the 2 inch label is preferred. She is willing to offer options for location and also No Label.

We also must agree on whether the label text is "NCASE" or "NCASE M1."
Keep in mind the 2x2 label is less expensive than the 2x1.

We also must agree on whether the label text is "NCASE" or "NCASE M1."
Keep in mind the 2x2 label is less expensive than the 2x1.

I like the full 2x2 NCASE M1, but would be fine with either.

Location option would be a nice solution, if it's not too much hassle for her. Also, the label delete option would probably be a good idea, since some folks here obviously don't want to represent the M1 and probably have plans to use it for carrying their Jonesbo W1 knock-offs :D

I'd like "NCASE M1". Necere also said that if he would make another case, it would not be the same thing. So it wouldn't fit the bag most likely any way.

They'd need 3 bags to fit the W1! :p

I wonder if she'll eventually offer her product for use with other SFF computer cases. Send the dimensions of your SFF computer case and receive a custom-sized carry bag. That'd be cool.

NCASE M1. It's what the case was specifically designed to carry and as Phuncz already stated any new case designed be NCASE most likely wouldn't match the dimensions of the M1 anyway. Otherwise what would be the point?

I want "[H]" in dark red because this place is full of awesome people.
But I'll probably go with no label instead now tha it's an option.

@charww:

Thanks again for organizing, and setting this up for the community. :)

Any idea when the professional can get an order page up and running? I think you mentioned she was going to do this via indiegogo or something?

I want "[H]" in dark red because this place is full of awesome people.
But I'll probably go with no label instead now tha it's an option.
I would totally iron on a [H] boy scout badge if it was available.

Or, OR ! We could have a strip of Velcro and have these badges made :D

Yes I've been whining about this more than once... But I'm still an advocate of a strip of velcro somewhere, even if it's on the shoulder strip.

Any idea when the professional can get an order page up and running? I think you mentioned she was going to do this via indiegogo or something?

I imagine she is as eager as we are to begin the order process. The pockets are being redesigned this week to better suit the material. It's an unexpected delay in the schedule, but I'm sure we'll be happier for the extra effort/patience in the end. I'm not sure whether the ordering will be through indiegogo or not. Whatever she chooses will need to be able to handle options.

Or, OR ! We could have a strip of Velcro and have these badges made :D Yes I've been whining about this more than once... But I'm still an advocate of a strip of velcro somewhere, even if it's on the shoulder strip.

:D This has been neither forgotten nor overlooked. But, you're on your own for badges.

Cant' wait for this. Just lugged my M1 4 1/2 hours away from home (driving) in the original box. While not bad, it wasn't necessarily ideal either. Will be awesome having a bag made for the purpose.

Edit: charww you're a good person for doing all this leg work! Thank you!

Last edited:
Has an approx price been discussed for the M1 case.
(I like the badge idea as well :))

Has an approx price been discussed for the M1 case.
(I like the badge idea as well :))
$50-100 was the initial estimation. And I believe that the OP targetted $75 when he read people's responses. Obviously, the final cost is not available.

We upgraded some of the materials (like 1/2" foam, plastic sheet, and handle webbing), so if I'm remembering correctly, the most recent estimate was $85 for the basic bag, plus extra for upgrades. I am waiting to hear back from her with more official information about ordering date and cost, as well as to see the new pocket design. If she can simplify the pricing structure, she will probably use indiegogo for ordering, then have a supplemental form for each person to specify options.

charww you're a good person for doing all this leg work! Thank you!
@charww: Thanks again for organizing, and setting this up for the community. :)
You're welcome. I'd just like to see it all work out for everyone. And, of course, I'm eager for a bag myself. I hope ordering will happen soon.

Just a quick update. It looks like more official order information and final bag pictures should be available in about two weeks.

Back