NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

I have hte Zotac 1080 mini. It fits very well. I would not use it with the stock cooler though, that one is rather noisy (I can't compare it against other cards, but I have a custom loop which is very quiet)
What options do we have (air or water) to replace the stock cooler?

Nufenen

Thanks for letting me know! I'm not looking to water cool - only air.
I've not been able to really get good feedback on these two cards - I would have thought more people would have jumped on these for the M1

Thank you for this info. Does P12's RPM able to cool down both GPU and CPU OC'ed?

The fans itself are not the problem or limit, the heat-sink for CPU / GPU is more important. If four 1200 or 1500 rpm fast 120mm fans are not able to cool down your CPU/GPU than you have a heat-sink issue. I've used Noctua NH-C14 for CPU and Artic Accelero Xtreme for GPU and both under load with four P12 fans kept CPU/GPU below 60°C, but I don't had that super hot hardware (Intel i7 3770 @ 4.1 Ghz + AMD RX 470 @ 1.3 Ghz), so depending on your used hardware it can get warmer of course.

What options do we have (air or water) to replace the stock cooler?

Alphacool has a block available. I read that these blocks have a rather high flow restriction, therefore I chose to use a EKWB VGA Supremacy, which I already had. I don't think a second rad would fit though, because the supremacy is a bit to thick.

This is a bit of a silly question, but could a 240mm side mounted radiator in this case potentially support 2 1070 single slot gpus and a 6800k (potentially up to a 6950x)
-(bifurcated)
-(I wouldn't mind downclocking the gpus)
[aceptable temps being 70-80C with 120mm fan speeds below 3000rpm]

Use: not for SLI

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a bit of a silly question, but could a 240mm side mounted radiator in this case potentially support 2 1070 single slot gpus and a 6800k (potentially up to a 6950x)
-(bifurcated)

If you delid and undervolt the CPU and undervolt both GPUs to 1.8 Ghz clock at 0.85 volts this shoud work with a single 240mm radiator and high rpm fans.

Sorry I've read 8600k which would require delid for proper temps :-D These mentions CPUs are soldered already. :)

If you delid and undervolt the CPU and undervolt both GPUs to 1.8 Ghz clock at 0.85 volts this shoud work with a single 240mm radiator and high rpm fans.
Cool because I feel like it could be done with the steps you mentioned. Pretty cool :) Now to see what I ultimately plan to do.

-(bifurcated)

I was running a single 1070 and CPU with side mounted 240mm radiator and can tell you the 1070s run very cool under water, max temps on mine was 42C. So if you are comfortable with 70 - 80C temps and full fan speed (might need full pump speed also) I think you should be able to do it.

Hey fellas, I updated my Ryzen build recently and finally got around to reverse-engineering (part of) my aquacomputer VISION to use without Aquasuite. Figured I'd share a new photo and improved temps.
The new components are an extra 92mm radiator + noctua slim fan, replacing the EK SE 240 with a HWL 240 GTS, replacing my motherboard with the Asrock X370, a flow monitor and the AQ VISION.
I was glad to add the flow monitor, it appears that PWM values beneath a certain threshold just stop the pump, and I would not have noticed otherwise.

My "load test" was running the valley benchmark while repeatedly compiling LLVM which sort of approximates the most extreme form of computing I find myself doing. CPU and GPU both max out at about 56C, and coolant temperature at 42C. Ambient temperature was 25.
I'm deliriously pleased with my PWM daemon that does an aquaero's fan curve job in software. In the unlikely event someone needs something similar i put my code on github.

V2 loop:
a0Lpd1tl.jpg

Ghetto temp monitor:
7m8fw0Tl.png

Other pics.

Hey fellas, I updated my Ryzen build recently and finally got around to reverse-engineering (part of) my aquacomputer VISION to use without Aquasuite. Figured I'd share a new photo and improved temps.
The new components are an extra 92mm radiator + noctua slim fan, replacing the EK SE 240 with a HWL 240 GTS, replacing my motherboard with the Asrock X370, a flow monitor and the AQ VISION.
I was glad to add the flow monitor, it appears that PWM values beneath a certain threshold just stop the pump, and I would not have noticed otherwise.

My "load test" was running the valley benchmark while repeatedly compiling LLVM which sort of approximates the most extreme form of computing I find myself doing. CPU and GPU both max out at about 56C, and coolant temperature at 42C. Ambient temperature was 25.
I'm deliriously pleased with my PWM daemon that does an aquaero's fan curve job in software. In the unlikely event someone needs something similar i put my code on github.

V2 loop:
a0Lpd1tl.jpg

Ghetto temp monitor:
7m8fw0Tl.png

Other pics.

Nice build! Do you have a build log?

Has anyone bought one of the new SIlverstone SFX PSUs? The 500w or 650w with 92mm fan? Wondering how they compare to the Corsair 600w.

I think long term the Vega 56 is too much for my Silverstone 450w with modded 92mm fan. The fact I've got to use several adapters just to get the two 8 pin connectors should be reason enough :)

I consider the Corsair 600w the better choice its only major drawback in my mind is the stiff wiring. People who buy the Corsair 600w often get the after market sleeved/soft wiring kits for it to make wire management easier to deal with. My Corsair 600w is nice and quiet. I didnt get the after market kit wiring though.

Has anyone bought one of the new SIlverstone SFX PSUs? The 500w or 650w with 92mm fan? Wondering how they compare to the Corsair 600w.

I think long term the Vega 56 is too much for my Silverstone 450w with modded 92mm fan. The fact I've got to use several adapters just to get the two 8 pin connectors should be reason enough :)
I use the SX-650 in my Phanteks Shift, and I don’t hear the 92mm PSU fan over my other fans (92mm fan on GPU, 2x 120mm fans, and 1x 140mm fan).

2914ee8dd4.jpg

8700k + Z370 = well Awesome :D

Got my Gigabyte Z370N today, pretty nice motherboard. They addressed many of the issues I didn't like about my Gigabyte Z170, USB 3.0 header location, wasted SATA Express headers, lack of rear IO usb. Plus added dual BIOS, dual Intel LAN and dual M.2.
The Hybrid fan headers are odd, the PWM fans work fine. I have 2 non PWN fans so I hooked each one to the other 2 fan headers, no speed control at all locked at 1750rpm. Connected them both to a fan splitter and now they run 800 to 1750rpm which is what I want just strange that they won't run variable by themselves.

The 8700k runs fairly cool with my Dark Rock TF. Idle 32C with a 21C ambient. I ran OCCT with no overclock, the CPU ran at 4.3 GHz temps were high 50s to low 60s so not too bad. Haven't done any overclocking yet, want to give my TIM a chance to burn in.

2914ee8dd4.jpg

Got my Gigabyte Z370N today, pretty nice motherboard. They addressed many of the issues I didn't like about my Gigabyte Z170, USB 3.0 header location, wasted SATA Express headers, lack of rear IO usb. Plus added dual BIOS, dual Intel LAN and dual M.2.
The Hybrid fan headers are odd, the PWM fans work fine. I have 2 non PWN fans so I hooked each one to the other 2 fan headers, no speed control at all locked at 1750rpm. Connected them both to a fan splitter and now they run 800 to 1750rpm which is what I want just strange that they won't run variable by themselves.

The 8700k runs fairly cool with my Dark Rock TF. Idle 32C with a 21C ambient. I ran OCCT with no overclock, the CPU ran at 4.3 GHz temps were high 50s to low 60s so not too bad. Haven't done any overclocking yet, want to give my TIM a chance to burn in.
Do you plan on deliding?

Do you plan on deliding?

Probably, I am going to wait and see how the temps are at overclock.

Edit: Yeah I think delliding is going to be necessary. Just tried a 4.9 GHz overclock at 1.27v and reaching 75-80C during stress testing, I know that is within the thermal limit but just too hot for my taste. Seems that 15-20C cooler temps with 8700k is not uncommon.

Last edited:

Edit: Yeah I think delliding is going to be necessary. Just tried a 4.9 GHz overclock at 1.27v and reaching 75-80C during stress testing, I know that is within the thermal limit but just too hot for my taste. Seems that 15-20C cooler temps with 8700k is not uncommon.
Yeah delliding seems to be such a common thing now with these new CPU's given how hot they run. I am still deciding if I want to get the 8600k or the 8700k. Im kinda thinking on going with the 8600k mainly because im using a 120mm aio for cooling. Hopefully after a delid I can get a good temps and keep the fan curve on something not as loud.
Also let me know how those hybrid fan headers work, im going with an aio on the cpu and a evga hybrid 1070ti/1080 so im hoping their will be some interesting features their.

Last edited:
Has anyone here tested the 1080 Ti SC2 with 2 intake fans below vs. no fans below? I'm not interested in doing an arctic accelero or anything of that nature - just curious how temps are.

I decided asus for now..i like bios more on asus ..but gigabyte was looking good..i send back.
cpu and gpu will be cooled Black Ice Nemesis GTX 240mm Radiator - Black

ncase.jpg

Wait is that a bottom mounted RAD? I can't say that I have seen that before, really curious how it turns out.

Wait is that a bottom mounted RAD? I can't say that I have seen that before, really curious how it turns out.
hi..its Black Ice Nemesis GTX 240mm Radiator 54mm thick
It will look similar like in picture

ncase.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-9_2-59-16.png
    upload_2017-11-9_2-59-16.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
2914ee8dd4.jpg

Why haven't you consider ASRock's z370 Gaming ITX/AC?

Why haven't you consider ASRock's z370 Gaming ITX/AC?

I did consider it, partly it was price and partly the dual M.2 slot. I want to pick up a large capacity M.2 SSD, hopefully find a good deal on black friday.

is ASRock's z370 Gaming ITX/AC better like Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming Intel Z370 (Socket 1151) DDR4 Mini-ITX Motherboard ?
It has more 6 USB 3.0 ports and Strix has 4 only.

I did consider it, partly it was price and partly the dual M.2 slot. I want to pick up a large capacity M.2 SSD, hopefully find a good deal on black friday.
Yeah that's one downside. I am waiting for black friday sale as well to buy all my components.

Guys, Vega 56 is bringing my modded ST45SF-G (with 92mm noiseblocker fan) to its knees. I have to run Vega in power saver mode for it not to (very occasionally) restart my system.

But now that Silverstone released a pair of new power supplies I NEED someone to tell me what to buy:
Silverstone SX500-G
Silverstone SX650-G
Corsair SF600

Obviously the Corsair SF600 was the previous SFF king but the new Silverstones sure look interesting...

Looking to squeeze some extra cooling out of this case and wanted to get your guys opinions:

I know it will be tight, but will a HW Labs 280GTX +2x AP45's clear the CPU WB 90's? Looks super close.... the rad itself is 54mm. This rad seems to be the top dog to use with these fans. Currently using an EK PE 240.... Either this upgrade/sidegrade or a delid kit lol.

Was also thinking of a complete rebuild with a EK combo pump Xres 100 (already have ina box) and a slim bottom / extra thick rear rad, but I hate to spent 200 more bucks and get worse cooling then what I got.

do you think the delid would be necessary if not overclocking? i have all my parts from the list I put earlier in the thread except the 8700k.

I see they're in stock on new egg now so debating ordering that or buying one already delidded from silicon lottery.

I don't plan on overclocking but think it might be good for better temps quieter fans. I'll be using the noctua u9s cooler and a vega 64 card in a m1.

do you think the delid would be necessary if not overclocking? i have all my parts from the list I put earlier in the thread except the 8700k.

I see they're in stock on new egg now so debating ordering that or buying one already delidded from silicon lottery.

I don't plan on overclocking but think it might be good for better temps quieter fans. I'll be using the noctua u9s cooler and a vega 64 card in a m1.

Silicon Lottery is saying in stock on the 11th, dellided for $359 where as Newegg is still at $419 I think I would wait and see if Silicon Lottery has them in stock and get a cheaper, delidded 8700k.

In their status thread on the overclock forum they said the price would likely be low 400s. That seems like it would still beat getting a proc plus delid kit on my own.

Back