NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Just be aware that you'll only be able to use that rad with a single fan, and even then it will be fairly thick and won't leave much space to run the tubing.

The before-mentioned temperature was posibble with a single fan.

Last edited:
I just switched my bottom fans from the Mobo fan controller to the STRIX and, I thought I had an improvement right away of 5c but then I realized I had the side panel off, ultimately the benefits temperature wise I think are going to be marginal at best but the noise profile might be better as having the noctua fans on an aggressive profile will delay the 3x92 STRIX fans from spinning. Or maybe I should just commit and remove them...

Yeah, the Strix 90mm fans tend to overpower the sound from Noctuas, even more so because of their higher pitched tone than sheer loudness

Hey guys! Im new here. Read "couple" of pages of comments but i still would have some questions if u dont mind. Do you know if there is any site where i can order the case? (I mean Canadian website). I would love to build a not too heavy, NOT watercooled, BUT as quiet as possible gaming desktop with gtx1070. Could u please help me out with some advices?

https://www.ncases.com/ Is the only location you can order the case new, they do ship to Canada. Other than what you can check ebay for used cases.

I just switched my bottom fans from the Mobo fan controller to the STRIX and, I thought I had an improvement right away of 5c but then I realized I had the side panel off, ultimately the benefits temperature wise I think are going to be marginal at best but the noise profile might be better as having the noctua fans on an aggressive profile will delay the 3x92 STRIX fans from spinning. Or maybe I should just commit and remove them...

Test removing the shroud and fans. I controll my case fans using http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php which takes the GPU temp. So no hardware needed to connect to the GPU.

Hey guys! Im new here. Read "couple" of pages of comments but i still would have some questions if u dont mind. Do you know if there is any site where i can order the case? (I mean Canadian website). I would love to build a not too heavy, NOT watercooled, BUT as quiet as possible gaming desktop with gtx1070. Could u please help me out with some advices?

If you live close to the US there may be a UPS store (or another courier company location) across the border that allows Canadians to have packages shipped to that address, but in your own name (for a small fee). After you pick up your package just declare it at the border and then pay the Canadian sales tax to Canada Customs. Sometimes they don't even ask you to do that.

Here is the UPS store I use in upperstate New York, just across the St. Lawrence river: http://theupsstorelocal.com/2946/

This location is full of Canadians every weekend. The store charges $5 (US) per package per week. You can check online to see if your shipment has arrived in order to organize your pickup trip. Maybe there is something like this near you.

Has anyone tried the new Cooler Master MasterFan series on an air cooler? Thinking of switching up my cpu fan.

http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Lines/case-fan/

Air Pressure version
web_masterfan-series_01_01_airpressure120_03.png

Silence version
web_masterfan-series_01_01_airblance120_03.png

I'm thinking of going with the AirFlow version with a Noctua NH-L12
web_masterfan-series_01_01_airflow120_03.png

Hi guys, someone knows if the GB GTX1070 mini ITX does fit with an ATX PSU?
I think it is too wide, side panel cant close.
I believe it will fit, actually. Take a look at this post. The card is 131mm tall, but the PCIe power connectors are recessed by 10mm, which is just enough space to clear the side panel. The only thing that might be an issue is the rear corner of the PCB (see the bottom of the GTX1080 compatibility post), but at 131mm tall modding the card or case shouldn't be necessary, and it's only installation that will be a little more difficult.

Assuming the card does fit, it's more than short enough to leave room for an ATX PSU.

I believe it will fit, actually. Take a look at this post. The card is 131mm tall, but the PCIe power connectors are recessed by 10mm, which is just enough space to clear the side panel. The only thing that might be an issue is the rear corner of the PCB (see the bottom of the GTX1080 compatibility post), but at 131mm tall modding the card or case shouldn't be necessary, and it's only installation that will be a little more difficult.

Assuming the card does fit, it's more than short enough to leave room for an ATX PSU.

Thank you for your help Necere. I think i'll buy the card and try fit it.

Edit. It fits!
:sneaky:

Last edited:
You will get tracking info sent, it sometimes takes a couple days after it was actually shipped.

If you are in the US shipping is surprisingly quick, I got mine 6 days after it was shipped.
Just got my confirmation email, can't wait for it to ship out o(≧∇≦o)

Silver ordered!

Now I need to copy someone's build order for a gaming/vr setup.

Last edited:
you could just copy my build, it will be quieter than a FE 1080

On the list bellow you have to add the cost of the NCASE

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($299.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14 CPU Cooler ($139.95 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Motherboard: Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard ($158.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Corsair Force LE 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($141.88 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Storage: Corsair Force LE 960GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($229.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX Video Card ($678.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair SF 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Corsair)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A9x14 29.7 CFM 92mm Fan ($16.88 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-P12 PWM 120mm Fan ($20.78 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1929.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-21 16:21 EST-0500

Last edited:

Motherboard: Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard ($158.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Corsair Force LE 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($141.88 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Power Supply: Corsair SF 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Corsair)

I think you maybe spent 60USD too much on fans.

You can use the two 140mm fans that come with the NH-C14 (one in the side bracket and one in the case floor). So that means you need two additional 120mm fans to go with that. I have it set up like that.

Also, I still believe the 92mm rear fan is a waste of money with a C shaped cooler. I've not seen anyone where it makes a real difference (apart from tower style coolers). I have the same system with the 6600K at 4.5Ghz and my baby is purring away at 50°C under benchmark load.

4 intake fans for nice positive pressure. The case has sooo many vent holes that one doesn't have to worry about exhaust.

I'm assuming two bottom/two sides as intakes? Leave the rear exhaust fan free?

I'm assuming two bottom/two sides as intakes? Leave the rear exhaust fan free?

Thats how I have it and very happy with the silent yet efficient cooling. It forces all the heat through the top / rear of the case.

The rear 92mm fan only makes sense if you have a tower style CPU cooler imo.

Thats how I have it and very happy with the silent yet efficient cooling. It forces all the heat through the top / rear of the case.

The rear 92mm fan only makes sense if you have a tower style CPU cooler imo.

great thanks!

Hi Guys,

I ordered a M1 which should be delivered tomorrow. I had also ordered on a good amazon deal a Noctua NH-U9S.

I'm still gaming on my old i920 / 7970 rig build in a corsair 800D case :) and it still goes well, so that I'm not in a hurry to buy the rest of the components and l don't know if I will go KL, Zen or maybe wait a bit longer before upgrading.

I have red that thread a lot and I see that everybody is praising the NH-C14 cooler and to be honest it is true that it looks nice in that case.

There is a few units around there that sells for 89 EUR and I am wondering whether I should get one before it is definitely out.

Do you think the difference with the u9s (build /temp ) is worth it ? What if I wait and build on another future chipset mobo (AM4, or future intel socket), would it remain compatible?

Thanks for your help :)

I agree with anak85, the rear fan is a bit pointless with the C-14 and 4 intake fans, I guess I have it there just for the sake of having a fan there.

If you know that you will get the NCASE then you should jump on the first C-14 you can find, it is a nice cooler and fits in there like a glove.

I missed my package today, it is waiting for me at the post office...such agony... i bet it cant wait to be stripped :p So the shipping was fast. total of 10 days to east coast of US.

Don't order the Noctua NH-C14 cooler from Newegg, I ordered one and got it last week. I received a NH-C14S which is the newer model which is the 12mm taller
cooler. It won't fit the case with both fans mounted.

I agree with anak85, the rear fan is a bit pointless with the C-14 and 4 intake fans, I guess I have it there just for the sake of having a fan there.

If you know that you will get the NCASE then you should jump on the first C-14 you can find, it is a nice cooler and fits in there like a glove.

Some earlier posters recommended buying the NH-C14 from Memory Express in Canada. Thank You both ! I was able to get one shipped today for $88.68 USD including freight.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX34316

They currently show only 2 left if anyone is interested. Remember this is a discontinued cooler, get it while you can !

Don't order the Noctua NH-C14 cooler from Newegg, I ordered one and got it last week. I received a NH-C14S which is the newer model which is the 12mm taller
cooler. It won't fit the case with both fans mounted.

Odd, that is where I got mine and it was the NH-C14 version not the S variant.

Odd, that is where I got mine and it was the NH-C14 version not the S variant.

How long ago did you get it? I ordered it on 11-09-16 and it was shipped by Action Packaged Inc. They are sending a call tag to pick it up and say they
can not supply the ordered model.

My advice if you can get your hands on a original C14 then get it. The nice thing about it is if you decide to go with a different cooling you can always sell the C14 if its unopened and get your money back and maybe more. They are only going to get harder to find from here on out.

Thank you for the advice. I will return the u9s to amazon IT thanks to the 2 month return christmas period :) I found a c14 on amazon de marketplace for eur 100 with delivery. There is still 2 units if someone is interested.

Hey, is this for me as a quiet desktop? :)

Back