NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Have you considered using an AIO liquid cooler? Plenty of people have 240mm units in their M1, it seems to do the trick quite well. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use one with that setup, unless you're using the drive cage on the side, but even then, a 120mm rad is still possible. And if you prefer air cooling, the Noctua NH-C14 appears to be the biggest cooler that will fit into your configuration. I personally use a Noctua NH-U9S, and my delidded 4670k at stock tops out at around 56ºC in Prime95.

I was considering a Corsair H110i GT but i'm afraid of the tube bending since its a compact space.

I was more inclined to buy the Noctua NH-C14 but I can't be sure it fits. Does it have to be turning a certain direction?

I was considering a Corsair H110i GT but i'm afraid of the tube bending since its a compact space.

I was more inclined to buy the Noctua NH-C14 but I can't be sure it fits. Does it have to be turning a certain direction?

Loads of people have C14s in their M1s. However if you want a 92mm fan in the back you need one of those <15mm thin fans (Noctua have one). I don't quite remember whether it needs to be in a certain orientation though.

Loads of people have C14s in their M1s. However if you want a 92mm fan in the back you need one of those <15mm thin fans (Noctua have one). I don't quite remember whether it needs to be in a certain orientation though.

I wont need any fans on the side, if it fits with my M.2 disk and my reference GTX 980 i'll order it right away!

Yes it has to be mounted a certain way. Hard to see, but this is my setup. I really like this setup because it keeps the Asus Impact's daughterboard cooled off. Downside is you cannot have the 3.5 HDD bay this setup.
image1-6.jpg

I wont need any fans on the side, if it fits with my M.2 disk and my reference GTX 980 i'll order it right away!
I have a M.2 SSD and reference 980/970. Fits fine.

Please check compatibility carefully - the H110i GT is a 280mm (dual 140mm) radiator and will not fit. The M1 supports 240mm (dual 120mm) radiators only.

Yes it has to be mounted a certain way. Hard to see, but this is my setup. I really like this setup because it keeps the Asus Impact's daughterboard cooled off. Downside is you cannot have the 3.5 HDD bay this setup.
image1-6.jpg

I have a M.2 SSD and reference 980/970. Fits fine.

Thanks that i'll I needed to know i'll order one right away.

Please check compatibility carefully - the H110i GT is a 280mm (dual 140mm) radiator and will not fit. The M1 supports 240mm (dual 120mm) radiators only.

To be honest I didn't even checked it out, thanks. I'll probably order tonight the noctua c14

I'm about to build my first M1 V3 and was wondering what the best fan configuration for my setup would be. My build is going to be entirely air cooled and I'm using a Noctua C14, a single SSD, Silverstone SFX-L 500W PSU, a GTX 960 and an optical drive.

I'm about to build my first M1 V3 and was wondering what the best fan configuration for my setup would be. My build is going to be entirely air cooled and I'm using a Noctua C14, a single SSD, Silverstone SFX-L 500W PSU, a GTX 960 and an optical drive.

You basically already have all the fans you need. No need to add more unless you aren't happy with the temps once you get everything up and running. Your build will be very open and accessible, so it will be easy to add fans down the line. Is it a long or a short 960? Just checking to make sure you've taken the compatibility issues people are having with long cards (especially with backplates) and the SFX-L PSU.

have all fans as intake - positive pressure wins in the M1 in my book - all your hot air comes out the top. what sort of 960? if its a short one then having a 120/140mm fan in the bottom where the gpu intake isnt - promotes good upward airflow

Definitely thinking about getting a Titan X into my M1. On that note... does anyone know of any benchmarks for a Titan X on PCIE 3.0 x8? I'm thinking of upgrading to a Maximus VII Impact along with a SM951 PCIE SSD. I'm just wondering if the Titan X is finally a beefy enough GPU to be affected by the halving of available PCIE bandwidth.

Just finished off some CPU fan testing in my M1, if anyone is interested I could post up some results? If it's not already been done, that is, stuff reading every page to check!!

I just inherited a slim slot load dvd drive. Can anyone tell me if I need a specific plug for the power? I know they sell slimline cables that have a molex and SATA, but can I use a regular SATA cable and a power plug? I have the SX-600 power supply and i don't think it came with a power plug that fits the drive. Any help appreciated

I just inherited a slim slot load dvd drive. Can anyone tell me if I need a specific plug for the power? I know they sell slimline cables that have a molex and SATA, but can I use a regular SATA cable and a power plug? I have the SX-600 power supply and i don't think it came with a power plug that fits the drive. Any help appreciated

The Silverstone PP05-E short cable set has a slimline sata connector that you need for a slimline optical drive. There is also the Silverstone CP10 which is just the slimline connector combo, it's all black and sleeved - better looking than other molex+sata cables you might have seen.

Hey all, how long does an order take to ship?

I placed my order and paid through Paypal on Wednesday, and I haven't heard anything since then. I reached out to NCASE in an email yesterday asking for a status update, and haven't heard anything from them either. Just wondering if this is normal or if something is wrong with my order.

Hey all, how long does an order take to ship?

I placed my order and paid through Paypal on Wednesday, and I haven't heard anything since then. I reached out to NCASE in an email yesterday asking for a status update, and haven't heard anything from them either. Just wondering if this is normal or if something is wrong with my order.

Orders are shipped out in bulk so you will have to wait for the next ship date IIRC.

You could get one of these, or this, don't know how well they work, though...I got a sata/molex->slimline adaptor.
To answer your question, generally no, you'll need an adapter.

Edit: Actually, those two look like they're for a different kind of connector (eSATA, maybe?), probably want one of these.

Last edited:
You could get one of these, or this, don't know how well they work, though...I got a sata/molex->slimline adaptor.
To answer your question, generally no, you'll need an adapter.

Edit: Actually, those two look like they're for a different kind of connector (eSATA, maybe?), probably want one of these.

The Silverstone PP05-E short cable set has a slimline sata connector that you need for a slimline optical drive. There is also the Silverstone CP10 which is just the slimline connector combo, it's all black and sleeved - better looking than other molex+sata cables you might have seen.

Thank you Wisk and Nobu! ....now to find one...

Hey Necere, I was hoping you could answer a question for me. With a 3.5" HDD on the floor of the chassis, I know there isn't enough room for a 120mm fan to mount next to it by default, though it seems like there will be just enough room if the HDD connectors aren't attached. I also noticed that the 120mm fan mounts are slotted and will allow a little bit of forward and aft adjustment. So my question is, how much clearance will there be, between the HDD and the 120mm fan, if the fan was mounted as far forward as possible? Thanks in advance!

The shorter v2/v3 power cable is ~45cm from my measurements (from end-to-end, including both connectors).

Thank you Wisk and Nobu! ....now to find one...

You can buy the PP05-E kit from Amazon for $30..

http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Flexible-Short-Modular-PP05-E/dp/B00H7Y3I4M

The majority of the other cables included with this set are shorter than the stock SX600-G cables, so consider the additional space-saving an added benefit (in addition to the ODD power cable).

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
For anyone wondering about current shipping estimates and tracking numbers:

Orders placed before April 5th should be in the most recent batch, which we should have tracking numbers for by tomorrow night (the 14th).

Orders placed after April 5th will be shipped with the next batch, which should be sometime next week.

Last edited:
And FYI, if you've sent him an email recently and are waiting on a reply, he's been swamped with taxes and hasn't had a chance to catch up on the backlog. I'm helping to clear out the support inbox as best I can, but there will be some things that will require his attention and may take a little longer.

Dropping by after a long time. My system has been used mostly for gaming on an eyefinity set-up since it arrived (V1). At the time there were some people discussing about running the 290x on 450 watts. I will share my experience.

I have ran the reference 290x on the Silverstone SST-ST45SF (450W non-gold) with an 4670k at 4.6 Ghz at 1.34V for the last few weeks. To achieve that I used the Noctua NH-U9B SE2 and delidded the CPU and used sandpaper to make the Noctua and CPU extremely flat (mirror finish). Prime95 will make the temperature go bad, but with gaming and Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility the cores never exceed 75, so thats perfect.

Before that I used that same setup but without the overclock.

I never had any trouble. So I guess the Silverstone SST-ST45SF can handle the 290x (reference) with a decent overclock on at least the CPU.

Some pics of my extremely wired up system:

IMG_1278_zpsssjwafbh.jpg

IMG_1280_zpssh4t9juq.jpg

IMG_1279_zpsth9hbo6v.jpg

IMG_1282_zpsvsb2nvhl.jpg

If any1 wants more pics or info let me know.

What kind of finish is used for the Silver panels on the M1?

It looks brushed + clear anodized for protection?

I've ordered a POK3R and was thinking about getting the case finished/ refinishing the case to at least sort of match my M1.

what lights are those?

They look like short Cold cathodes to me.

what lights are those?

I used two sets of this: "Revoltec Ultra Bright Cold RED Light - 10cm TWIN set"

So thats 4 lights in total.

One of the sets is operable via the included switch in the third pci case slot. (below the two used 290x case slots) The second set is not operable without opening the case. I will be modding this in the future though.

I just completed a mod to my M1 last night. I added one of the PCIe extenders (listed somewhere in this forum.. I forget where I saw it :p). It fit perfectly, with just enough room to mount it to the motherboard tray.

IMG_20150413_191912.jpg

IMG_20150413_191802.jpg

IMG_20150413_215008.jpg

IMG_20150413_214444.jpg

Now I have more clearance for cpu air coolers :) I ditched my H220, because it leaked on my Titan :mad:, and don't want it taking out my new Titan X. Currently have a Thermalright AXP140 on it, with Thermalright Venomous-X bolt thru mounting kit :cool:

I just completed a mod to my M1 last night. I added one of the PCIe extenders (listed somewhere in this forum.. I forget where I saw it :p). It fit perfectly, with just enough room to mount it to the motherboard tray.
IMG_20150413_191912.jpg

IMG_20150413_191802.jpg

IMG_20150413_215008.jpg

IMG_20150413_214444.jpg
Now I have more clearance for cpu air coolers :) I ditched my H220, because it leaked on my Titan :mad:, and don't want it taking out my new Titan X. Currently have a Thermalright AXP140 on it, with Thermalright Venomous-X bolt thru mounting kit :cool:

Does using a PCIE riser effect performance in anyway?

Also whats the best place to buy shielded risers?

Can you get your card to run in PCI-E 3.0 x16 or x8 with that extension cable? Or does it drop 1x-4x?

Now I have more clearance for cpu air coolers :) I ditched my H220, because it leaked on my Titan :mad:, and don't want it taking out my new Titan X. Currently have a Thermalright AXP140 on it, with Thermalright Venomous-X bolt thru mounting kit :cool:***]]

Does using a PCIE riser effect performance in anyway?

Also whats the best place to buy shielded risers?

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041444048&postcount=437

And no any effect to performance.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
For anyone wondering about current shipping estimates and tracking numbers:

Orders placed before April 5th should be in the most recent batch, which we should have tracking numbers for by tomorrow night (the 14th).

Orders placed after April 5th will be shipped with the next batch, which should be sometime next week.

Hi Necere, I have a question, 1. If i order through the website, through the air, it says it comes out to 240, I am paying with a pre paid card, is it anything over the 240 to southern california or is it exact.

2. this is for anybody, There is a ncase brand new in box near me, for 200, Is there a huge difference between v1 and v3?

Also if i order tonight, would i get it in 2 weeks?

IMG_20150413_191912.jpg

IMG_20150413_191802.jpg

IMG_20150413_215008.jpg

IMG_20150413_214444.jpg

That's a brilliant solution!

Hi Necere, I have a question, 1. If i order through the website, through the air, it says it comes out to 240, I am paying with a pre paid card, is it anything over the 240 to southern california or is it exact.

2. this is for anybody, There is a ncase brand new in box near me, for 200, Is there a huge difference between v1 and v3?

Also if i order tonight, would i get it in 2 weeks?
1. Should be the exact amount
2. Changes are listed here, nothing major
3. Probably a bit longer than 2 weeks if you order now. W360 plans to ship the next batch sometime next week, and then 7-14 days maybe. The time it takes to get through customs can be unpredictable.

Thx for the quick reply! Has their been alot of hiccups in customs in the past? if so what kind of delay is to be expected taking into account the past delays?

Back