NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Has anyone else tried to fit the H220 on the ROG Impact? I've been trying for the past 30 minutes and cannot get it to fit. The fitting on the pump pushes on the daughter board too much and I'm unable to screw the plate down without the screws going in cock-eyed.

I found this pic on someones build log;

Img_1063.jpg

is any one considering putting a handle on their case?
im considering an options such as
heavy_duty_handle_black_aluminum_mnpctech.com.jpg

I don´t have my case yet but I think it is dificult to use it because all side panes are removable without screw (correct me if I´m wrong).
So you will need to attach it in the chassi. Can´t see how to do this in a "beautiful way"

im wondering if i could put that somewhere discretly. i have a few cupboard handles and drawer handles which could also do the job. they are smaller and maybe i could attach something at the back and bottom of the case. was also considering underneath, but there is a smaller gap there.
would you consider this against the aesthetic of the case?
its more for function than anything else, im not even sure about drilling into the metal, how safe it would be.
thoughts?

No way!

im wondering if i could put that somewhere discretly. i have a few cupboard handles and drawer handles which could also do the job. they are smaller and maybe i could attach something at the back and bottom of the case. was also considering underneath, but there is a smaller gap there.
would you consider this against the aesthetic of the case?
its more for function than anything else, im not even sure about drilling into the metal, how safe it would be.
thoughts?

I can't imagine the aluminium taking that weight of >5kg. I'll just use a GearGrip strap or a bag.

oooh the gear grip solves my issue very nicely. has a strap and everyhing. perfect. thank you!!!

I would like to ask some questions since I am an air cooler. Is it ok to mount 5 fans without any obstacles (2 fans mounted to the bottom, 2 fans mounts to the side, and one mounted to the rear)?

I will look for the low profile HSF as well.

I have just received my Silver M1 case, what a fantastic case! It looks beautiful!
I also cant believe how small and light it is.

This blows my SG07 out of this world.

Top job Necere & Wahaha360! :D

Finally! The thing is here! :D

I'd like to thank Necere and Wahaha360 for their incredible work regarding the whole thing. Seriously, thank you.

If you ever come to Ibiza beer is on me ;)

If you don't want to permanently alter your case, you could use the Gear Grips Micro LT by CaseAce. They also have one with room for peripherals.
GG_microlt1.gif

edit- Sorry, that's already been answered. Guess I'm a little sleepy still.

Still haven't received a tracking number. How long should I wait before I need to bother Necere or W360?

So what's the consensus on the Silverstone power supplies, bronze vs gold? Is everyone just getting the gold? I am considering the bronze because it seems all the cables will be used anyway, is the performance much better?

Guys, I added another tab to the spreadsheet so that we can make a list of things that will work with the M1 regarding motherboard + cooling. I think this is useful because:

a) We will be able to centralize what works and what doesn't.
b) The NCASE team (and any other individual/company) will be able to tell what kind of solutions doesn't fit, which might be useful for future designs.

Still haven't received a tracking number. How long should I wait before I need to bother Necere or W360?

Where are you from? If you are from the USA, according to the sheet just a very few have their cases on hand.

For instance, my package was shipped on the 29th or october... and it arrived to Spain just a few days after. So, its been up and down the country for more than a week, and I didn't receive the tracking after some time.

If you are from Europe... then....mmmm.

So what's the consensus on the Silverstone power supplies, bronze vs gold? Is everyone just getting the gold? I am considering the bronze because it seems all the cables will be used anyway, is the performance much better?

The gold is more efficient of course given its rating. The gold's modular design is good for those who need more than three sata power connectors or for those that want to customize cable lengths or sleeve the cables. In my case I need four sata power connectors and some MOLEX 4-pins for pump, LEDs, etc. I don't need a floppy connector in the way.

The bronze model has better fan placement if you plan to face the fan outside instead of inside.

Has anyone from the US, besides the VIPs, already received/been notified that their case has shipped?

No tracking #'s issued for the US yet. Think they were supposed to start appearing at NCASES.com this past weekend.

The gold is more efficient of course given its rating. The gold's modular design is good for those who need more than three sata power connectors or for those that want to customize cable lengths or sleeve the cables. In my case I need four sata power connectors and some MOLEX 4-pins for pump, LEDs, etc. I don't need a floppy connector in the way.

The bronze model has better fan placement if you plan to face the fan outside instead of inside.

Good points. I'm guessing the stock length of the 24 pin connector and other cables will not cause a problem on the bronze.

I picked up a ASRock Z87E-ITX to go with an i5 4670k and need to decide what air cooler to run that won't interfere while providing good cooling now. Has anyone commented on using the stock cooler?

Good points. I'm guessing the stock length of the 24 pin connector and other cables will not cause a problem on the bronze.

I picked up a ASRock Z87E-ITX to go with an i5 4670k and need to decide what air cooler to run that won't interfere while providing good cooling now. Has anyone commented on using the stock cooler?

Blasphemy! Stock cooler? Whats that?! :D :D :D

Actually... I'm not spending $300 on the case to save a few bucks on the cooler... and neither should you :rolleyes: if anything because its very noisy.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040359900&postcount=7056

WIqcjC0.jpg

I can also confirm the distance between the NH-L12 HEATSINK and the sidepanel is just over 70mm. So you can use a 38/40mm radiator, 25mm thick fans and internal filters.

I myself at the moment am contemplating on installing watercooling just for the GPU as my CPU never hits above 52°C with the NH-L12 anyway. Even if it did hit 70°C with the watercooling radiator in front of it, it won't matter to me. But what I am worrying is how much it will cost me, how much space it will take up and how more difficult it is to replace parts.

I was thinking of a hydro cooler but I'll wait and see what others are using before deciding. By the time I get my case at least 50% of the owners will have theirs up and running I'm thinking. That will allow me to see what works and what doesnt.

I myself at the moment am contemplating on installing watercooling just for the GPU as my CPU never hits above 52°C with the NH-L12 anyway. Even if it did hit 70°C with the watercooling radiator in front of it, it won't matter to me. But what I am worrying is how much it will cost me, how much space it will take up and how more difficult it is to replace parts.

52 with the L12 is under 100% load, with prime95? Thats pretty impressive, especially given that my U9B and i5 4570 running prime at an ambient of 21 degrees gets 60-66 degrees without and with the GTX670 loaded, respectively. (in my cardboard case) Hopefully its my cardboard case contributing a little to this performance difference.

52 with the L12 is under 100% load, with prime95? Thats pretty impressive, especially given that my U9B and i5 4570 running prime at an ambient of 21 degrees gets 60-66 degrees without and with the GTX670 loaded, respectively. (in my cardboard case) Hopefully its my cardboard case contributing a little to this performance difference.

iv3mzMU.png

The 51°C I hit was with BurnInTest, Prime95 seems to hit 59°C.

Is it overclocked? If so, what is the clock speed and voltage at?
No, not overclocking at the moment.

The 51°C I hit was with BurnInTest, Prime95 seems to hit 59°C.
No, not overclocking at the moment.

I am not overclocking, but I am undervolting 0.2V at this stage.

Ambient25deg_zpsde69ef15.jpg

This is after 40 minutes of prime, ambient temp steady 25 deg C. BTW, don't trust the names of the temperature labels such as "ambient", they refer to 'best match' to sensor names on a mac. I do know however that CPU temps are pretty close, and the Heatsink temp relates to the temperature of the CPU cover pretty well.

GPU fan speed is the GPU fan, MB0 fan is the 120mm PSU fan speed, and MB1 is the CPU fan speed.

Note the PSU fan rpm control. Load was pretty much idle all the way till I started prime about 1/4 along the hour graph. Then you see the PSU fan speed increase to its current 700 rpm. With a 120mm Scythe Kama at 700 rpm, its essentially Silent. Its the CPU fan that makes the most noise atm.

Last edited:
I myself at the moment am contemplating on installing watercooling just for the GPU as my CPU never hits above 52°C with the NH-L12 anyway.

I was thinking the same thing, but I am going even more extreme in my effort to not cool my cpu with Noctua's low profile NH-L9i http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2730

I have water cooled a CPU in the past but never a GPU. With GPU noise increasing this generation I need to change my methods.

Hey guys, a quick question because I'm a bit new to building my computer.

If I'm going to get a i5-4670k and overclock to ~4.2ghz, will a H60 will be enough for the cooling.

I was planning getting a H220 but wondering if it was too much for my need. Will it cool the whole case enough to worth the extra $?

And with a H60, I think there's room for a 3.5 inch next to it if I've seen correct?

Also, what's the difference from a H100i with Noctua NF-12 fan, it seems pretty popular too?

Last edited:
OMG! It is here!

kidZPfM.jpg

BRA.png

Customs/Duties/Taxes Paid: $90

They said this case cost 150 US$ dammit! And they tax 60% of it

Now I think it should be arriving in the US soon. We're on the same continent :)

Last edited:
Back