NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Hmm. No email yet.

Same here. Been checking all night/morning.. it's terribly exciting ;)

I doubt they are getting paid overtime. Let them take the weekend off.

No prob w/that. Just wanted to make sure I get my confirmation since Wahaha started sending them out last night.

Hopefully he was successful in getting the process semi-automated.

Just curious if you guys have any stats for sales? Black, silver, w odd, w no odd, number of backers ordering 2+? Intellectual curiosity!

Wahaha,
In the order verification email if it says 'NO ODD Top Cover' that means there is no slot for a optical drive, right? Silly question I know but I just want to make sure I understood the order verification. Thanks.

Edit:
*DO NOT REPLY UNLESS SOMETHING IS WRONG

YOUR ORDER:
Black Color M1 Unit(s): 1
Black Color NO ODD Top Cover:
Silver Color M1 Unit(s): 1
Silver Color NO ODD Top Cover:

Yours says that you have ordered 1 black and 1 silver. Both have odd slot. As you have not ordered "no odd top cover".

wahaha - The zip code for my address is missing the first number, a "zero". So it says xxxx for my zip instead of the correct 0xxxx. I am assuming this is due to the Macro you used/ Mail Merge, and that you will populate the mailing labels differently so there is no need to email you?

Keeping it simple.

Code:
Black Color M1 Unit(s):            1
Black Color NO ODD Top Cover:
Silver Color M1 Unit(s):
Silver Color NO ODD Top Cover:

I didn't realize there was a way to get on an early ship list. I'da paid a hefty premium to get mine before I get 2 weeks off for Christmas. DAMN!

I'm really sorry, my OCD is making me post this:

There's an extra line between address lines 2 and 3, like:
name
address
**empty line**
city, state zip
country

I'm sure it's no big deal.

I'm really sorry, my OCD is making me post this:

name
address
**empty line**
city, state zip
country

I'm sure it's the "Address Line 2" part of the address, that people might use for apartment numbers etc.

I wen't trough all pages and had a REALLY good time reading through changes, ups-downs (more ups), planning and finally a successful indiegogo. I ended up buying in the aftersale period on http://www.ncases.com/. (started reading the forum after the indiegogo was closed.)

W360 and Necere, you have been my heroes in this 267 pages lasting book (20 posts per page). I would like to thank you for your effort and skills trough making the Ncase M1 available to us! I bought the black one with extra no ODD cover!

From this moment on I will be geared to making a powerfull rig for the following:

- I am mainly gone use my build to game portably (steambox with controllers, GTA5, Crysis 3, console emulators of all possible generations)
- Besides the gaming I like to win spec wars with builds my friends come up with etc. :eek:
- My budget is arround €1500,- (Ncase M1 NOT included)
- I won't be bringing in any old components (well maybe if everything fits and I can comfortably add an old 2.5 or 3.5 HDD)
- As silent as possible without paying top dollar

I ain't ordering untill i receive the case or maybe 1 week prior to delivery, but this is the list I have in mind right now:

- Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI (not to sure yet)
- Intel Core i7 4770K Boxed (maybe 4670K, because my main purpose is gaming)
- Asus GTX780-3GD5 (might be tempted if the titan drops alot lower, or maybe a AMD gpu that will appear arround january)
- Corsair Hydro H100i (or the suggested h220)
- Crucial Ballistix Tactical BLT2C8G3D1608ET3LX0CEU (or any other decent 2 x 8GB that will fit)
- Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W (quiet! - 14 cm and non-modular)
- Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (or crucial m500 variant)

This will approximately cost me €1600,- inclusive shipping here in the Netherlands.

I might go gtx770 - intel 4670K - h60i - Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 450W - Samsung 840 evo 250GB and 8GB RAM if I end up wanting it cheaper.

Does any1 see any improvements over my lists? (not towards Necere and W360, as these are the things we ought to figure out ourselves)

I wen't trough all pages and had a REALLY good time reading through changes, ups-downs (more ups), planning and finally a successful indiegogo. I ended up buying in the aftersale period on http://www.ncases.com/. (started reading the forum after the indiegogo was closed.)

W360 and Necere, you have been my heroes in this 267 pages lasting book (20 posts per page). I would like to thank you for your effort and skills trough making the Ncase M1 available to us! I bought the black one with extra no ODD cover!

From this moment on I will be geared to making a powerfull rig for the following:

- I am mainly gone use my build to game portably (steambox with controllers, GTA5, Crysis 3, console emulators of all possible generations)
- Besides the gaming I like to win spec wars with builds my friends come up with etc. :eek:
- My budget is arround €1500,- (Ncase M1 NOT included)
- I won't be bringing in any old components (well maybe if everything fits and I can comfortably add an old 2.5 or 3.5 HDD)
- As silent as possible without paying top dollar

I ain't ordering untill i receive the case or maybe 1 week prior to delivery, but this is the list I have in mind right now:

- Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI (not to sure yet)
- Intel Core i7 4770K Boxed (maybe 4670K, because my main purpose is gaming)
- Asus GTX780-3GD5 (might be tempted if the titan drops alot lower, or maybe a AMD gpu that will appear arround january)
- Crucial Ballistix Tactical BLT2C8G3D1608ET3LX0CEU (or any other decent 2 x 8GB that will fit)
- Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (or crucial m500 variant)

This will approximately cost me €1600,- inclusive shipping here in the Netherlands.

I might go gtx770 - intel 4670K - h60i - Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 450W - Samsung 840 evo 250GB and 8GB RAM if I end up wanting it cheaper.

Does any1 see any improvements over my lists? (not towards Necere and W360, as these are the things we ought to figure out ourselves)

Instead of going with a 14cm and non-modular PSU, why not go with the 450W Silverstone SFX PSU? The modular one.

Would be much better for cable management, and will power all your parts (even with overclock on the CPU).

I'da paid a hefty premium to get mine before I get 2 weeks off for Christmas. DAMN!

Same here! I'd gladly pay an extra $20 to $50 for early shipment if I had the chance.

Maybe Nick can sell me his extra one :D

name
address
**empty line**
city, state zip
country

Mine was listed the same way. Seems okay, as Elroy said, it's probably for apt # if applicable.

Yesterday i noticed PrimoChill rigid acrylic and thought that would be good for this small room. Question is, has anyone of you experiences with this type tubing?

You can't run a full ATX PSU and a dual radiator at the same time. Either go with an SFX PSU or switch to an H80i or something similar.

Yours says that you have ordered 1 black and 1 silver. Both have odd slot. As you have not ordered "no odd top cover".

Okay, good. I wasnt sure if I was reading it correctly or not. All is good then.:)

Would anyone with a black case want to sell their top cover with the ODD slot, or trade for either of the silver top cover?

Just to confirm, the standard 205 fee comes WITH an ODD slot?

Yes. The $205 gets you a black M1 with ODD slot & US shipping.

Actually, all M1's will ship w/ODD slot.. it's just that if you paid the extra $15, you could get an additional top cover panel without the slot (in which case, you'd have both ODD & no ODD top panels).

Lucky you! Did you read it in the comments of the Best Buy guide on tweakers.net? (that was me :) )
We should also open a topic on the tweakers forum :p

Instead of going with a 14cm and non-modular PSU, why not go with the 450W Silverstone SFX PSU? The modular one.

Would be much better for cable management, and will power all your parts (even with overclock on the CPU).

I do not really care about cable management, ill cut unnecessary cables and hardforce the rest somewhere between. I wen't with that model for less decibel.

You can't run a full ATX PSU and a dual radiator at the same time. Either go with an SFX PSU or switch to an H80i or something similar.

So what would give more silent operations? I might look into modding the SFX PSU. Thanks for pointing out that it won't fit :D

Lucky you! Did you read it in the comments of the Best Buy guide on tweakers.net? (that was me :) )
We should also open a topic on the tweakers forum :p
Yes I did! And I'm happy I did. We should indeed open up a topic! U can make one, or i'll make one this evening or tomorrow, anyhow, hit me with a link when u made one, ill do the same!

I think the topic should be geared towards making a powerfull build!

Hooray! Got my order confirmation.

A note to my M1 case brethren: I'm sure many of you are building a setup like this (because let's be honest, that's the setup this case is designed for), and will have an extra HDD bracket you don't need. If that's the case, and you're willing to sell it to me, send me a PM - I'm trying to build a home theater PC.

Frickin' Fractal Design Node 304, why no ODD?

So let's talk about cooling.

I'm getting either a 770gtx or 780gtx with the Titan cooler. I'm not particularly interested in watercooling the GPU. If ATI releases something better by the time I get this case, then I will look at that.

4770k for the CPU. Doing photo editing with Lightroom benefits from the extra CPU power. Leaning towards the Asus ROG Impact for now because of the audio and M.2 connector. The CPU placement on this board leads to virtually unlimited air cooling solutions, but I've never done watercooling before and I almost feel obligated to in this case. Silverstone 450w SFX PSU is a must.

What would everyone recommend for a cooler for just the CPU? I'm planning on putting two SSD (one on the motherboard) and one 3.5" HDD (maybe could go 2.5" @ 1TB or larger). I will NOT use an optical drive, so I can shove at least one data drive up there. I'm going to do a mild overclock on the CPU, but I won't de-lid.

Noise is a major concern for me (at idle and normal workloads, not gaming) because I live in a 1BR apt and this computer will be in my room. I'm open to air cooling, all in one liquid coolers, and custom loops. I live in the US.

Anyone know if the new EVGA Hadron Slot Load DVD would fit in the ODD Slot? I assume it's just a standard slot load but just wanted to double check. $40 seems like a pretty good price compared to what I've seen, unless some body knows of a cheaper place to get one?

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-OD-S101-BR

Wow, that actually is quite a good deal, especially since it includes the slimline SATA and power adapter. It looks to be a standard size, but who knows if they've made some proprietary mounts or clearances. I'll lean to it working, but that's because there's not many options and I'd want it to work :p.

The best I've found are on eBay for $30 to 40, but don't include the necessary cable.

As a side note, I just noticed that I started posting on this thread almost a year ago, when it was only at 20 pages! I still find it hard to believe you guys have gone from "I doubt we'll get enough people to buy this" all the way to more than 700 and people asking for more!

So let's talk about cooling.

I'm getting either a 770gtx or 780gtx with the Titan cooler. I'm not particularly interested in watercooling the GPU. If ATI releases something better by the time I get this case, then I will look at that.

4770k for the CPU. Doing photo editing with Lightroom benefits from the extra CPU power. Leaning towards the Asus ROG Impact for now because of the audio and M.2 connector. The CPU placement on this board leads to virtually unlimited air cooling solutions, but I've never done watercooling before and I almost feel obligated to in this case. Silverstone 450w SFX PSU is a must.

What would everyone recommend for a cooler for just the CPU? I'm planning on putting two SSD (one on the motherboard) and one 3.5" HDD (maybe could go 2.5" @ 1TB or larger). I will NOT use an optical drive, so I can shove at least one data drive up there. I'm going to do a mild overclock on the CPU, but I won't de-lid.

Noise is a major concern for me (at idle and normal workloads, not gaming) because I live in a 1BR apt and this computer will be in my room. I'm open to air cooling, all in one liquid coolers, and custom loops. I live in the US.

is the titan cooler that much of an upgrade? i was thinking i would be able to run 2 240 rads in this beast and keep everything under water, cpu/gpu. the impact is the on,ly board that makes sense to me in this build, the price ofthe case kinda indicates that you are going high end! i plan on a solo ssd(256gb) and a 1.5tb wd caviar black.

I want to use the apogee pump/cpu block to maximize space. i am thinking the sfx 450 silverstone my concern is for watercooling this board and a decent oc on a i7 will that be enough power?

Anyone know if the new EVGA Hadron Slot Load DVD would fit in the ODD Slot? I assume it's just a standard slot load but just wanted to double check. $40 seems like a pretty good price compared to what I've seen, unless some body knows of a cheaper place to get one?

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-OD-S101-BR

Damn, that sucks. I just wanted to order their slim SATA cable to use with a Panasonic Bluray (no one else makes one like that). $40 is a great deal.. but not if I'm spending that much just to get the dang cable.

The drive is a Panasonic UJ8C5, so I'd imagine it should be standard fitment. Normal price for that drive without cable is $60 at Digistor (authorized Panasonic dealer).

Hopefully, EVGA will also release a Panasonic UJ265 Bluray w/that same cable at a comparable discount (which would be under $90). Crossing fingers :)

you can pick up an adaptor cable at frys for it.

Lol, thanks. I already know of many different slimline SATA power cables that are available from numerous places.. but I specifically want the EVGA cable w/straight multi-plug and all cables black & unsleeved, connected to molex. No one else has this cable anywhere. If I have to spend $40 to get it, then so be it.. I'll just feel like a bigger idiot than I normally am =)

FvLxCsb.jpg

Back