NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but Newegg has an active combo for 4770k & Z87i-Deluxe right now (LINK).

Did the v.Me payment promo (VME10BTS) at checkout, and total shipped was under $450 (over $100 less than I could get the pair from Amazon).

Only negative is that since I can't test these parts under 30-day exchange policy, if I have a problem, I'll have to handle it with the manufacturer. Or you know, the price could drop even further in the next few months.

If I'm not allowed to post prices and/or Newegg info, someone let me know and I'll edit my post. Thanks!

I really don't get people like that 'dgrmouse' commenter. "Durrr, it's not $60, what a piece of shit!"

People compare this to something cheaply made (plastic + steel) like a CM Elite 120/130 or a Bitfenix Prodigy which is just huge. Compare this to a Lian Li PC-Q18 which is like $149 without shipping. This case is $180 without shipping ...

Most retards have discovered the compelling urge to post flames and trolls on tech websites. You should always ignore website comments and just move directly to jail. Errr I mean "forum".

With Ventilation holes on both sides of the case is it possible to mount a Silversonte SFX PSU in a way that it draws fresh air directly from the outside of the case?

With Ventilation holes on both sides of the case is it possible to mount a Silversonte SFX PSU in a way that it draws fresh air directly from the outside of the case?

I believe that was one of the reasons holes were added to the motherboard side.

As for the guys on Maximum pc, they're entitled to their opinions just like the rest of us. Hell my brother has been hounding me since I started looking at the case. "Why do you need a small case? Your Antec 300 is working just fine. Idiot."

We probably will disclose it, it's not much more than 600.

Not much to brag.

I just want my Silver color with NO ODD Top Cover :p

2 cases and 2 top covers on order.
Was hoping they would stop at 600 and get the order rolling with Lian Li.
(Yes, I realize that is being selfish. My apologies, just want to get my hands on the M1 already :))

How do I order the additional top cover in silver after the fact? I already ordered a black case and a silver case. I would like a silver top cover without the slot.

Anyone know the answer to this question? Do I just buy an additional top and add $1 like when purchasing the case?

Anyone know the answer to this question? Do I just buy an additional top and add $1 like when purchasing the case?

From the Indiegogo site:

Add $15 for either Black or Silver Color NO ODD Top Cover.

And it looks like they are almost out of these too, so I wouldn't wait around.

From the Indiegogo site:

Add $15 for either Black or Silver Color NO ODD Top Cover.

And it looks like they are almost out of these too, so I wouldn't wait around.

I just order a black top for $15 and silver top for $16.
I hope they can figure it out. :)

If you ordered 2 cases in both colors, but only want 1 extra NO ODD Top Cover, contact us to specify color choice.

Ya, I'd just place the order for the cover and then contact Wahaha about the color choice. Don't want them to get confused with an extra $1, cuz that might get you 2 silver cases instead of 1 of each.

I believe that was one of the reasons holes were added to the motherboard side.

As for the guys on Maximum pc, they're entitled to their opinions just like the rest of us. Hell my brother has been hounding me since I started looking at the case. "Why do you need a small case? Your Antec 300 is working just fine. Idiot."

It's not always about utility. I'm sure there is something he is nerding out over. I think it's the most difficult for people without disposable income to understand, but they will certainly find a way to get the latest and greatest phone! Do you really need the latest or best model?

I always wonder why people need such large cases. Is the air inside the case somehow relevant to the performance ? Does it need to be a bigger case to be a PC ? I know I much rather have some more space around my desk than have a large box collect air and dust.

I used to have big cases but after realising most of the space was wasted with "keeping air", I decided to go the other way. I haven't looked back since.

Not really. A single Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm fan at 100% will move 98m³/h of air, which means 98,000 liters of air every hour. That equates to 27 liters of air every second, which is about double the volume of the Ncase M1. So two of these fans (think 240mm radiator), even with the obstruction, will still easily move most of the air inside of the case outside in a second.

Been following this for a couple of months, but just finally registered. Congrats to the guys for the successful campaign!

Question for some of the watercooling fans out there. Right now I have a custom loop on an old Q6600. So I'll need to upgrade that just due to the socket fitting alone. Since I already have a 240mm slim rad with normal fans (about 65 mm), I need a cpu block, res, and pump. I was looking at the Cooler Master Eisberg since it has a block/pump/res all integrated.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/18955/ex-wat-246/Cooler_Master_Eisberg_Solo_Prestige_Water_Block_w_Intergrated_Pump_RL-EBSL-FLNN-R1.html?tl=g30c85s1703

Anyone else noticed this? My other question, is do you think it will fit since the barbs need to come directly off the top? At 66mm, I know it's getting close, but I'm not sure if that includes the barbs or not?

Interested in other opinions about w/c for this thing since the H220 is out of the question for us in the US?

Suddenly turn into a ATX vs ITX thread???
It ok guys everyone have a different point of view
Let's keep this thread about the NCASE M1 guys :)

I just can't wait til pictures of the actual production units!

I tried to do a search of what a NO ODD Top Cover is, but I cannot find it anywhere, anyone mind answering this silly question?

I tried to do a search of what a NO ODD Top Cover is, but I cannot find it anywhere, anyone mind answering this silly question?

it took me like 10 min to find it... NO ODD top cover = your top cover will not have a opening for the slim optical drive... why didnt they just put optical drive...

NO ODD

Bs8H7wFl.jpg

Bqs5aG0.jpg

with ODD

ZTwTHRdl.jpg

FEEl6Npl.jpg

I think its less noticeable for black than its for silver. its kind of a waste $15 for an extra top cover... you would have an other top panel around... but people want perfection. I wont be installing optical drive. I rather pay 15 and they just give me a no ODD and they can keep the original

Last edited:

It means that the top piece doesn't have the slit near the front edge where a disc can be inserted into an optical drive. It still has a the single screw hole in the back and the perforations for ventilation, just no slit near the front.

You can see the slit in the top image on the Indiegogo site, scroll down to the next two images and you can see the NO ODD Top Cover without the slit.

I always wonder why people need such large cases. Is the air inside the case somehow relevant to the performance ?

Someone once told me that real men use big cases and mini-ITX are for pussies.

Lol. Gotta have a massive case to fit several cold-cathode tubes, a bunch of 5.25" bays to fit multiple optical drives & extra slots to fit more PCI accessories than you can shake a stick at. Why I did that shit many years ago, I'll never know :D

Guess motherboards weren't as well featured back in the day. Had to install a soundcard, ethernet, 56k modem, TV tuner, faster IDE board, faster USB board, etc. Lol.

To avoid unpleasant surprises, do you plan to email everyone an overview of what they will get before placing the order with Lian-Li?

To avoid unpleasant surprises, do you plan to email everyone an overview of what they will get before placing the order with Lian-Li?

That's the plan ;)

Between address discrepancies, refunds, color changes. It seems necessary.

Guess motherboards weren't as well featured back in the day. Had to install a soundcard, ethernet, 56k modem, TV tuner, faster IDE board, faster USB board, etc. Lol.

My first PC used all 7 expansion slots for stuff that is now all on the chipset or CPU itself: hard disk controller, floppy disk controller, serial I/O controller, parallel I/O controller, 4 megabyte extra memory, lo-res 4 color graphics card (320x200) and hi-res monochrome graphics card (720x384).

My first PC used all 7 expansion slots for stuff that is now all on the chipset or CPU itself: hard disk controller, floppy disk controller, serial I/O controller, parallel I/O controller, 4 megabyte extra memory, lo-res 4 color graphics card (320x200) and hi-res monochrome graphics card (720x384).

Yeah I've been having the same realization lately. Why do I need a full size tower, atx mobo, and 10 bays when i run a single gfx card and one ssd and one hdd. The things you learn after your first build . . . .:cool:

Lol. Gotta have a massive case to fit several cold-cathode tubes, a bunch of 5.25" bays to fit multiple optical drives & extra slots to fit more PCI accessories than you can shake a stick at. Why I did that shit many years ago, I'll never know :D

It's kind of funny. I end up fitting into both groups. My main computer is in a HAF X but I have a second computer in an SG05 and have ordered this case. There are pro's and con's to both sides.

It's kind of funny. I end up fitting into both groups. My main computer is in a HAF X but I have a second computer in an SG05 and have ordered this case. There are pro's and con's to both sides.

A lot of us have large cases for our main systems. Mine happens to be an old Antec 1200 dinosaur. I don't ever move it and it sits on the floor, so I like taking advantage of all that vertical real estate. The M1 will not be replacing it. It couldn't, as they serve two different purposes.

For my M1, it will be my project case. Think of it like an old car you work on with your kid or old man. If it takes a year to build it and make it perfect, so be it. It's the process of getting to the end product, choosing the parts, working on the aesthetics, customizing it, and putting it all together that gives the most enjoyment. Once you're done, all anyone else is going to see is a tiny, "cute" (as my wife would put it) PC... that just so happens to be ridiculously fast. :p Only another enthusiast like myself would even care what the inside looks like, or want me to show it to them. But I'll know what's inside, and that's what matters.

If it takes a year to build it and make it perfect, so be it. It's the process of getting to the end product, choosing the parts, working on the aesthetics, customizing it, and putting it all together that gives the most enjoyment.
/salute

A lot of us have large cases for our main systems. Mine happens to be an old Antec 1200 dinosaur. I don't ever move it and it sits on the floor, so I like taking advantage of all that vertical real estate. The M1 will not be replacing it. It couldn't, as they serve two different purposes.

For my M1, it will be my project case. Think of it like an old car you work on with your kid or old man. If it takes a year to build it and make it perfect, so be it. It's the process of getting to the end product, choosing the parts, working on the aesthetics, customizing it, and putting it all together that gives the most enjoyment. Once you're done, all anyone else is going to see is a tiny, "cute" (as my wife would put it) PC... that just so happens to be ridiculously fast. :p Only another enthusiast like myself would even care what the inside looks like, or want me to show it to them. But I'll know what's inside, and that's what matters.

Totally agreed to what you said
As u can see in my sig
My main system is a bigger build with the FT03 (back than I did not thin it was that big)
I had the same concept where I will be only be needing one CPU GPU and HDD
The M1 will be my "gaming" project build where I most likely put up a "do not touch" sign lol

Back