NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Thank you wahaha360 and Necere, just received a silver v3 today.
I'm leaving for a holiday break in less than ten hours so I did only a quick build with a long GPU with a 125mm deep ATX PSU, just wanted to try that combo.
It was a nightmare with all the unused cables, so I will either switch to a modular SFX PSU, or might go the Miah Allen way with a 120/240 rad once I return.

(Sorry for the potato quality)
This PSU wasn't compatible with the stock left-angle C13 so I had to replace the cord with one that came with Jonsbo V6 which is angled neither left or right but "downward".

Happy holidays!

Might be a silly question,
which will be a better cooling solution for the M1 tower vs top down e.g. noctua U9S/B or a C12 (not c14 as it will block the hdd rack )
although the case designers recommend top down, any idea the reasons behind it ? (other than cooling the rams and mobo chipsets)

ps spcr just build one using D9s in their recent setup.

Might be a silly question,
which will be a better cooling solution for the M1 tower vs top down e.g. noctua U9S/B or a C12 (not c14 as it will block the hdd rack )
although the case designers recommend top down, any idea the reasons behind it ? (other than cooling the rams and mobo chipsets)

ps spcr just build one using D9s in their recent setup.

I think it's just because using a tower limits you to a smaller heatsink, as they are most restricted by vertical height, which the M1 does have too much of.

That also means if you use that tower you'll have to use those 92mm fans, which are worse than the 120mm fans in the top-down heatsink.

Thank you wahaha360 and Necere, just received a silver v3 today.
I'm leaving for a holiday break in less than ten hours so I did only a quick build with a long GPU with a 125mm deep ATX PSU, just wanted to try that combo.
It was a nightmare with all the unused cables, so I will either switch to a modular SFX PSU, or might go the Miah Allen way with a 120/240 rad once I return.

(Sorry for the potato quality)
This PSU wasn't compatible with the stock left-angle C13 so I had to replace the cord with one that came with Jonsbo V6 which is angled neither left or right but "downward".

Happy holidays!

Hey was wondering where you got those stubby wifi antennas?

I think it's just because using a tower limits you to a smaller heatsink, as they are most restricted by vertical height, which the M1 does have too much of.

That also means if you use that tower you'll have to use those 92mm fans, which are worse than the 120mm fans in the top-down heatsink.

I'm having the same idea, no doubt that the 120mm fan is superior compared to 92mm but thinking about tower fans able to direct exhaust hot air out vs top down fans (Into the casing ) given the two heat sink Noctua U9S and C12 weight 528g vs 550g (almost similar in weight and surface area),

1 top down , it can draw in fresh air from the side bracket directly and a fan can be attach to the rear casing as an exhaust,

2 tower with fan mounted horizontally , a fan can be installed on the side bracket ( psu side ) to draw in fresh air.

I can't decide which is better.

Has anyone compared both ?

I'm having the same idea, no doubt that the 120mm fan is superior compared to 92mm but thinking about tower fans able to direct exhaust hot air out vs top down fans (Into the casing ) given the two heat sink Noctua U9S and C12 weight 528g vs 550g (almost similar in weight and surface area),

1 top down , it can draw in fresh air from the side bracket directly and a fan can be attach to the rear casing as an exhaust,

2 tower with fan mounted horizontally , a fan can be installed on the side bracket ( psu side ) to draw in fresh air.

Yeah, top-down works better with the case airflow, because it lets you use the side as an intake directly into the CPU cooler (which also lets you filter the incoming air there). Not being limited to 92mm fans is the other factor. Either will work though, as we've seen, so it's up to you.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays.

Hey guys, New here, Thought I'd get a faster response if I posted here.

Are these still available? NCASE Website still has the "Order Now" button.

Don't want to order one to find out they're out of stock..

Hey guys, New here, Thought I'd get a faster response if I posted here.

Are these still available? NCASE Website still has the "Order Now" button.

Don't want to order one to find out they're out of stock..
Yes, they're available. The order button wouldn't be up if they were out of stock.

I have the C14 and U9B and the C14 cools my components much better with around the same noise level. The C14 setup uses 3 fans instead of 2. I know it's not a direct comparison to your ideas but that's been my experience

I have the C14 and U9B and the C14 cools my components much better with around the same noise level. The C14 setup uses 3 fans instead of 2.

How in the heck do you fit 3x fans on the C14?? (pretty sure 1x fan on that cooler would be more than enough for any ITX application).

How in the heck do you fit 3x fans on the C14?? (pretty sure 1x fan on that cooler would be more than enough for any ITX application).

He's probably using another side fan (the second one covers the heatsink slightly)

Guys, someone can tell me how it should view the tracking page of the taiwan PS? My tracking number doesn't update and on taipei it's night friday. :(

Ncase recieved my order on the 16th and said that the case would ship by that following Tuesday. However, I don't know how I'm supposed to find the tracking number. I did not pay through a PayPal account.

Has it been mentioned why the surface mail option increase in cost from $20 to $30?
We were actually subsidizing surface delivery before. W360 doesn't want to do that anymore because "Ocean Freight is full of headache and unpredictable delivery time," in his words. Air shipping is subsidized though.

Do we have to sign for the delivery here in the US?
Probably, though this sometimes depends on the whim of your delivery person.

Ncase recieved my order on the 16th and said that the case would ship by that following Tuesday. However, I don't know how I'm supposed to find the tracking number. I did not pay through a PayPal account.
Email w360 (info at ncases dot com) about it.

Probably, though this sometimes depends on the whim of your delivery person.
Ahhhh the whim of the delivery person. Most of the times I feel deep respect for them carrying the many packages around the country for us, as fast as possible. But then that one time they leave your package in front of the door or give it to some random person walking by and you feel pure rage going from your hate-filled face to your shaking fist and shout "damn you, delivery person, damn you !"

My case was supposedly on a flight on the 23rd but the tracking information hasn't been updated since then. Any other way to check where it is?

Did you get any other updates before you received it? Mine shipped the same day. I'm in New England.

Yep. I got a "Inbound into customs" on the 24th and "arrival, sorting and out for delivery" on the 26th. I'm in Hawaii.

Man you aren't kidding. I'm not finding much of anything out there, and what I do find is outrageously priced. 200-300 bucks is way ou tof the range for me. I guess I'll just hope I can get lucky and find something good used, or look for a cheap combo build (maybe AMD has something). I really don't want to spend more than 150 bucks, since I'm holding out for a fresh build on skylake.

Suggestion–– I just found GA-B75M-D2V on Gigabyte's website:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4402

This is a budget LGA 1155 board that should fit–– while I couldn't find it sold in the US, it can be found on amazon UK for ~45 pounds... $70 isn't too bad. A nice thing about this board is that it's got 2 extra PCIE slots, perfect for adding another card in addition to graphics with the M1's third slot!

My case was supposedly on a flight on the 23rd but the tracking information hasn't been updated since then. Any other way to check where it is?

This didn't work for me, I entered my tracking number and the captcha, then clicked GO.
Nothing happened...?

According to https://www.17track.net/ it should've been dispatched on the 23rd, but no updates since.

Me too, the flight of mine was the 23rd but the tracking doesn't update yet. I hope they update it the monday, when my country PS work.

Holiday season people.

Shipments and tracking info. may not update until this coming Monday.

I'm trying decide on a rad. An x-flow 240 seems like it would work perfect like a hwlab nemesis gts. However I know they aren't suppose to be as good as a regular rad. Would a magicool g2 slim 27mm thick me worth those extra few mm, or get something with a little higher like 20 fpi but 35mm thick. Also has anyone cooled a cpu, and gpu with mild oc on a 120mm rad as with higher fpi... koolance comes to mind, they claim 400w of dissipation though I don't think its 30mm. Do black ice cool better than others if fpi is the same? I've only used Alphacool rads and they have low 8-9 fpi. I'm leaning towards the magicool g2 slim, but wanna hear some other opinions.

Last edited:
I tested the cooling performance of this computer, Posts 14851, 14852, by running the following test for a half hour: Prime95 Version 28.5 Version 2 with Heaven Benchmark 4.0 (Resolution: 1920 x 1200).

Ambient Temperature: Approximately 20.556°C

Test results, as measured by HWiNFO64, were:

Pump RPM: Highest--3524; Average--3468
Bottom Radiator Fans RPM: Highest--1834; Average--1745
Side Radiator Fans RPM: Highest--1278; Average--1182

GPU Temperature: Highest--45.0°C; Average--40.5°C

CPU Temperature:
Core 0: Highest--99.0°C; Average--73.5°C
Core 1: Highest--91.0°C; Average--76.9°C
Core 2: Highest--87.0°C; Average--74.0°C
Core 3: Highest--84.0°C; Average--71.4°C

Note: I delidded the CPU and applied Coollaboratory Liquid Pro for the above-noted test. Prior to delidding, I performed the same test, but with HWMonitor, and the results were as follows:

Ambient Temperature: Approximately 20.556°C

Test results, as measured by CPUID HWMonitor, were:

Pump RPM: Highest--3835; Typical--3750
Bottom Radiator Fans RPM: Highest--1851; Typical--1829
Side Radiator Fans RPM: Not recorded

GPU Temperature: Highest--47.0°C; Typical--43.0°C

CPU Temperature:
Core 0: Highest--100°C; Typical--87°C
Core 1: Highest--100°C; Typical--86°C
Core 2: Highest--100°C; Typical--89°C
Core 3: Highest-- 99°C; Typical--82°C

(HWMonitor does not appear to record average results, and thus, I used the word "Typical" to indicate the typical RPM or temperature under the "Value" column of HWMonitor as the test neared its end.)

perfect rad for m1? :D

30626_0__WARA_384_1g.jpg

Back