NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

I have just seen this drive. I'm looking for an excuse to use it in my build.... as jaw dropping as the m1. 5mm!

xYn93Ug.jpg

http://www.storagereview.com/wd_blue_ultraslim_500gb_review_wd5000mpck

Get the 7mm version. It has a standard SATA connector and is one of the quiest HDDs around.

AND you should be able to stack them with the M1 brackets :D

#894 silver reporting in, northern Sweden.
Had to pay 254kr in customs fee.

I only paid 144kr here in Stockholm. Very weird... should have been the same.

Haven't opened the box yet. But carrying the box home easily in my left hand was a new experience in case shopping. Heres to you little M1... I already know I love you.

Tomorrow I will look for dents and give you guys the serial.

I only paid 144kr here in Stockholm. Very weird... should have been the same.

Haven't opened the box yet. But carrying the box home easily in my left hand was a new experience in case shopping. Heres to you little M1... I already know I love you.

Tomorrow I will look for dents and give you guys the serial.

Also paid 144kr but havent checked the papers yet so not sure what value they based that on.

#33 arrived in Poland. Didn't have to pay any additional fees. It looks fabulous, thanks for this project.

So, it seems 4/5 swedes got it, and 4/4 finns too (according to the sheet).

Mmmmmmm.

Added my details to spreadsheet. Seems us lot here in the UK aren't getting ours yet, so no panic. Still got to buy the majority of my bits too. :D

How long does it take for shipping from Taiwan to USA? What are they shipping with- USPS, DHL, UPS? I know it's been through already, but I can't find the page with +300 to look through. Wonder when the first batch is going to arrive in the US, -probably on the west coast, which means another week for the east coast (add 4-5 days for dirt roads up in the mountains, and January is starting to sound like a good estimate to me now......) ah.... Sweden....

Fantastic shots wihlke. As a 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' fan though I'm sad to see #42 go...:( I would've loved that number...

I'm still as excited about soon getting my M1 as a giddy child on Christmas morning though!

Thanks! Used fabric gloves not to stain it ^^
I will safeguard the meaning of life against Vogons and mice, no worries.

The M1 is certainly my most anticipated case. Thought out in every detail and we had our say in the design :)
Now I'm looking forward to my omni and the ek waterblock for my r9-290x, but that will go in my other main case ;D

Thanks! Used fabric gloves not to stain it ^^
I will safeguard the meaning of life against Vogons and mice, no worries.

Happy to hear it.:) And I will use my trusty towel to remove my M1 from the box when it arrives.;)

Holy Chuck Norris, I got the dispatch notes for both of my M1s in the mail today, so I can pick them up from the local post office tomorrow! :eek: :D

The custom fees are a bit strange byt the way; 144 SEK (22 USD) for one case, and 254 SEK (39 USD) for the other. There's no description of the fees either, so they seem arbitrary. Obviously one of the customs agents is more of a dick than the other. ;)

Forgot to mention; SWEDEN! Yay us. :D

Last edited:
I've been debating whether to call my build The Heart of Gold or Deep Thought, leaning towards the latter.

Spoke to the Postal Office, shipping order is messed up - they are shipping ASAP / whenever there is space. This is the best way to ensure people get their M1s before 2014.

I told the postal office over and over again to follow my shipping order, I guess that's lost in translation. :eek:

Hah, sounds like Taiwan to me...

Cheesymac was my last one. particularly as it was a hackintosh.

Oh I'm so excited about the cases being on their way.

some sick freak added a link for bluewaffle in the buildlog url on the spreadsheet -_- plz dont troll whoever it is..

2 Questions:
1. Does the M1 come with a SFX PSU adapter?
2. Was a consensus ever drawn on the 'best' slot load BluRay Drive? Silverstone, Panasonic, ???

My build:
P8Z77I-Deluxe
i5-3570k
GTX 660Ti (likely Cheap GTX 780 soon)
Samsung 840 250GB
Corsair H55
PSU TBD (prob stock SG05-450 PSU to start)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
AWW YISS... case arrived first thing this morning. Ncase master race member #783 reporting in.

If anyone is wondering how it feels like after unboxing and seeing this thing in person please reference the following gif.

2001apes-thumb-510x245-39088.gif

I had this very thought when I unboxed mine. :D

There are two options I've found:
1) 80GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167168
2) 128GB
http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/my...6g-m.2-ngff-ssd-with-fnet-hybridisk-software/

Very tempted at this point to go for the 128GB model, even though I really want 256 or 512 for a single drive solution.

My Asus Impact showed up today...

FYI, that 128GB M.2 SSD is also on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/MyDigitalSSD-Super-Cache-Solid-State/dp/B00EZ2E8LQ

I'm sure we'll see larger drives soon enough, and they'll be awesome for tiny systems like this, though they really won't offer any performance benefit over SATA 3 on the Impact, I believe it's M.2 slot is wired to a single PCIE 2.0 lane.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How long does it take for shipping from Taiwan to USA? What are they shipping with- USPS, DHL, UPS? I know it's been through already, but I can't find the page with +300 to look through. Wonder when the first batch is going to arrive in the US, -probably on the west coast, which means another week for the east coast (add 4-5 days for dirt roads up in the mountains, and January is starting to sound like a good estimate to me now......) ah.... Sweden....

Theoretical minimum = 8.44 days.

Cargo ships can generally reach Seattle in less than two weeks, with good weather 9 - 10 days.

I estimate we only have 4 days left to wait here in the USA. :D

Theoretical minimum = 8.44 days.

Cargo ships can generally reach Seattle in less than two weeks, with good weather 9 - 10 days.

I estimate we only have 4 days left to wait here in the USA. :D

I'm thinking that I might actually have mine in under two weeks now.....Thank's adamantim.. are the FQ res's shipping yet? oh man i need to order my psu asap!

NCASE posted an announcement 6 hours ago

Hi all,

If you are anxious or have questions about components, the following is our forum thread, it is very active and the best way to get answers quickly.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1717132

Hi my name is AFD, and I am incredibly anxious awaiting the arrival of my M1 case. I've been reading and re-reading this thread many, many times a day - around the clock, for several months now.. checking and re-checking specs, watching lacivious unboxing videos set to sexy music, you name it.

I think I have a problem, and I'm here seeking your support. Any advice? Should I buy more parts to ease the pain??

:D

Hi AFD.

Thanks for sharing your problems with us. We are all together here for you as we are together feeling the same as you.

I Keep staring at the googledocs page, waiting for my status to change.... Something about that feels just not quite right.... so I make a car trip to the shop in my lunch hour at work and buy myself parts to ease the pain. I have been doing that for months and right now I have accumulated enough parts to have a fully functional computer, as well as a stockpile of extra parts that will never get used. Last time I went there I bought Noctua fans F12 and R8, and although they were overpriced and performed poorly, they eased the pain for a little while, until I realised that they actually sucked and I wanted to return them.

I'm thinking that I might actually have mine in under two weeks now.....Thank's adamantim.. are the FQ res's shipping yet? oh man i need to order my psu asap!

If we can hope for two weeks, then maybe we can get through the following two. :(

No new info on the reservoirs or video, but... I did get my Primoflex Advanced LRT clear tubing (very nice), my black chrome Monsoon free center compression fittings (very very nice), my Swiftech rotary 90 degree fittings (nice), Mayhem Aurora Tharsis Red concentrate (very nice), my Black Ice GTX Extreme Gen Two 120mm radiator (very very very nice), and my Z2 DDC pump fan mount bracket in black. Now all I need is an M1 and my reservoir. I sure would like to hear what others are planning for custom water loops.

Last edited:
Was just over at Prava's tracking spreadsheet, and found this info kind of interesting..

Code:
[B]SKU	        Serial # Range	  Description[/B]

N121118M10B2	0001-0240	  Black M1 with Extra NO ODD Top Cover
N121118M10B1	0241-0800	  Black M1 
N121118M10S2	0801-0880	  Silver M1 with Extra NO ODD Top Cover
N121118M10S1	0881-1000	  Silver M1

So, if you log-in to your NCASES.com account to get your SKU, you can narrow down what serial number you may, or may not get.

Why in the world the Extra NO ODD tops have lower serialization is beyond me, since that perk was added later. Not sure why, but I probably would've spent the extra $15 simply for the chance to have a lower serial :p

Heaven-forbid I actually get #0666, but if so, it might be up for trade to some lucky devil with a sub-100 number
DevilSmiley.gif

Heaven-forbid I actually get #0666, but if so, it might be up for trade to some lucky devil with a sub-100 number
DevilSmiley.gif

I actually wrote and deleted from my last post that I was hoping to get serial number 666
DevilSmiley.gif
for my black and red configuration. Based on your table, I guess I can hope for 999 in silver.

I actually wrote and deleted from my last post that I was hoping to get serial number 666
DevilSmiley.gif
for my black and red configuration. Based on your table, I guess I can hope for 999 in silver.

Hey, if I get 0666 and you get 0999, I'd gladly swap frames. You'll have to atone for my sins, of course. So.. good luck with that
FoH4Fmr.png

Back