NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

My thoughts exactly. :confused:

IMHO, black fad started around 2006 and since then, too many cases have only been available as black. I'm back to light colored interiors; Hence silver. :cool:

What turned me away from the silver is that the back of the case doesn't match.
If it did I would have chose silver.

Come on people, you've been in this topic for months discussing about millimeters and centigrades. Now suddenly you can't make up your mind about silver or black ?!

Its the biggest decision after "BUY" or "DON'T BUY", I need time to mull things over. :p

I'm back to light colored interiors; Hence silver. :cool:

Hate to burst your bubble but the interior frame work and tray of the silver case is as black as black gets.

In the test Necere did it seems he just used 2 fans on the H220 and one bottom 92mm.
Can anyone cofirm this?

Going by the pictures it looks like putting anything in the 92mm rear w/the H220 will be almost impossible. You can always mount it on the exterior I suppose :confused:

Going by the pictures it looks like putting anything in the 92mm rear w/the H220 will be almost impossible. You can always mount it on the exterior I suppose :confused:

This is unfortunate, having no exhaust fan in this small of an enclosure make's me nervous. :eek:

This is unfortunate, having no exhaust fan in this small of an enclosure make's me nervous. :eek:

seriously? there is not much room in this case for the warm to stay inside anyway, if two 120mm fans blow cold air into the case an the psu fan sucks part of it out again .. :rolleyes:

One NF-F12 @ 1500 RPM moves 1560 liters of air per minute OR more than 2 times the whole volume of this case per SECOND!

seriously? there is not much room in this case for the warm to stay inside anyway, if two 120mm fans blow cold air into the case an the psu fan sucks part of it out again .. :rolleyes:

The two 120mm Rad fans? Because in Necere's photos that is the only two 120mm fans I see and those would be exhausting. If they were intake fans they would be pushing warm air from the rad into the case.

The two 120mm Rad fans? Because in Necere's photos that is the only two 120mm fans I see and those would be exhausting. If they were intake fans they would be pushing warm air from the rad into the case.

no in his photo they are intakes. The air won't get really warm passing through the radiators. An there isn't really a lot of space for the air to stay in this case anyway. It will find it's way out through the top and other holes ;)

The liquid and the radiator itself are noway near the CPU temperature and neither is the air passing trough.

Thanks for adding the silver color perk :D

Is an additional email needed or those my pledge suffice?

yay, ordered a black one.

So, I'm intending to use the 3.5" HDD bracket and was wondering what you guys would recommend as far as coolers (liquid or air) that will fit. I was sorta thinking a H60 or H80, though I'm not sure if the H80 would fit or not. (it's 37mm when the FAQ says 35mm max)

no in his photo they are intakes. The air won't get really warm passing through the radiators. An there isn't really a lot of space for the air to stay in this case anyway. It will find it's way out through the top and other holes ;)

The liquid and the radiator itself are noway near the CPU temperature and neither is the air passing trough.

Interesting, I would rather have a pull configuration on the rad fans with an exhaust fan but if there isn't room there isn't much to be done. So there isn't a need for any other fans besides the rad fans with a single rad setup?

not really, the whole case is perforated so where is the hot air going to get trapped?

I want to fit my alphacool monsta 240 on top.
5V3gKaA.jpg

Just the rad is 80mm thick if I'm thinking of the right one. There is no way that will fit.

Exactly, and yet people are moaning that they can't fit their monster coolers on a Mini-ITX case. Get over it or get a full tower if you want to run your CPUs at absurd clocks. What's wrong with a normal thin radiator.

Yeah I laughed a little when I saw that post. Do people not at least glance at the specifications ?

Come on people, you've been in this topic for months discussing about millimeters and centigrades. Now suddenly you can't make up your mind about silver or black ?!

Yeah really.. buy one of each if you still can't decide ;)

One NF-F12 @ 1500 RPM moves 1560 liters of air per minute OR more than 2 times the whole volume of this case per SECOND!

Damn. I'll be using 3x F12 (2 bottom, 1 side).. my M1 should have some massive downforce :D

Yeah really.. buy one of each if you still can't decide ;)

Damn. I'll be using 3x F12 (2 bottom, 1 side).. my M1 should have some massive downforce :D

Out of curiosity why not 2 on the side?

Out of curiosity why not 2 on the side?

I would, but I'm using 2x 3.5" drives in the side HDD rack. My NAS is full, but even after I upgrade that, having more redundancy is always a good thing.

I would, but I'm using 2x 3.5" drives in the side HDD rack. My NAS is full, but even after I upgrade that, having more redundancy is always a good thing.

Very true, it's pretty amazing the amount of storage you can fit in this thing. I plan to wc so I will only be using a single new form factor ssd in the Asus Impact to save space and reduce cabling. This thing would make a sweet home media server though.

Interesting, I would rather have a pull configuration on the rad fans with an exhaust fan but if there isn't room there isn't much to be done. So there isn't a need for any other fans besides the rad fans with a single rad setup?

I've done a couple of water cooling setups now in small form factor cases and intake-push-fans is absolutely the best option. Exhausting works well in tower or mid-tower cases but not in smaller size. CPU temps are better with radiator getting fresh air and with the small size of the case anything coming in is quickly exhausted through the vents.

I've done a couple of water cooling setups now in small form factor cases and intake-push-fans is absolutely the best option. Exhausting works well in tower or mid-tower cases but not in smaller size. CPU temps are better with radiator getting fresh air and with the small size of the case anything coming in is quickly exhausted through the vents.
Thanks for the insight Wisk, yeah I'm a first timer to the SFF so pardon my lack of knowledge. I just got done with a Switch 810 build for a friend with a nice dual rad setup in push pull. It turned out really awesome. Here's a short video of it lol. We have changed the tubing and a few other things since.

Last edited:
I'm an awful person.

I've been staring at SFF cases off and on for a month without even consulting the [H] SFF forum. Couldn't say why not.

So I see the M1 campaign was up and pulled the trigger in about... 27 seconds.

So at least I [we] have a while to make a properly informed decisions on which hardware to put in it :D

I'm an awful person.

I've been staring at SFF cases off and on for a month without even consulting the [H] SFF forum. Couldn't say why not.

So I see the M1 campaign was up and pulled the trigger in about... 27 seconds.

So at least I [we] have a while to make a properly informed decisions on which hardware to put in it :D

Same, but I've been following this a bit. I was honestly thinking of going for the Fractal Node 304. But seeing that they are only making 600 of this for now I needed to get one. Or until they start up another campaign. I'm pretty much going to use the set-up Necere used and get the H60i and just get the Asus ROG Impact mobo whenever that comes up. I honestly may wait for broadwell but I dont know. I'm using a laptop as a desktop right now and it kind of sucks

I honestly may wait for broadwell but I dont know. I'm using a laptop as a desktop right now and it kind of sucks

Wasn't Broadwell delayed to 2015 or late 2014? Thought I heard they were just doing a Haswell refresh with bumped clockspeed for early/mid 2014.

don't know yet on MB or CPU. Doesn't really matter at this point.

But I will squeeze in 2x240mm rads. apogee2, GPU block, and a res.

rads on side and bottom, 3d printed res on top next to PSU to maximize volume

what type of printer do you have?

I'm considering going from my old (gen1) prusa to a replicator 2x

Form1

its stereo lith...so it will be made of clear resin.

I am not doing for looks, just to I have res to fill and bleed easy. And I always run a res as top most part of any loop.

Thats exactly what my setup will be except Im just gonna mount my res on the back externally. I think it will look kinda cool and makes for easy level check and filling...

I'm also gonna put an aquaero rgb led in it and have it change color by temp, which should look sweet with some white coolant.

You guys really think, that you can fit a 240mm rad in the bottom?
Looking at this picture
KSSrO5L.jpg
I'd say there is only about 40 to max 45mm between the bootom of the case and a single slot gpu.
So imho max a 25mm rad + 15mm slim fan could fit there togehter with a gpu waterblock.

A question to the seasoned WC crowd:

Looking at the beautiful prototype pictures with the WC CPU and GPU i'm thinking I would love a setup like that. (Swiftech pump/waterblock, reservoir on the back) So my question is wheather or not you guys see it as beeing very hard with the tube routing? As the view etc will be very limited, with the 240mm rad on the bracket blocking when you are putting in the finishing touches. Or is the best approach perhaps to work from up top?

Or perhaps a bottom seated 2x120mm rad 25mm thick and slim 15mm fans could work as mentioned above, this would def. be optimal and could possibly clear up room for an internally mounted reservoir?

I understand it's hard to say until you try it yourself, but any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Form1

its stereo lith...so it will be made of clear resin.

I am not doing for looks, just to I have res to fill and bleed easy. And I always run a res as top most part of any loop.

Really? Those printers are awesome looking! How is it to work with? Is resin super annoying?

Necere,

Purchased my M1 just now. However, I bumped into an issue with adding a CC to my Paypal account. It wouldn't let me add it, so I paid without logging in (ie, clicked "Pay with a Credit/Debit card" instead of logging into my account). Is there any problem with that?

Thanks in advance.

Back