Mythic bought by EA

Wont have any affect since the entire studio isn't changing except for its name. The people who are incharge now will remain incharge and the entire team within the studio is staying...

Warhammer : Online is now a mystery to how it will turn out, and its only a matter of time now before EA cuts off all life to DAoC.

You guys talk like Mythic is great? Mythic is garbage. They turned DAoC into garbage. EA can't do any worse than these guys.

Perfect match IMO.

SilverSliver said:
You guys talk like Mythic is great? Mythic is garbage. They turned DAoC into garbage. EA can't do any worse than these guys.

Perfect match IMO.

You are joking, I hope! DAoC was NEVER better than in the hayday of ToA, it's gone downhill with the ToA "changes" to make it more "newb-friendly", but other than that, it's one heck of a game even today!

Baredor said:
I have unwavering confidence in EA to worsen any situation.

Same... goddamn, and I was just starting up DAoC again after a month or so hiatus :(! They better not gimp the game into junk!

And since when exactly does EA by Devs and leave the Staffing roster alone? Just like Westwood, i'd say Mythic is probably good for one more game witht the current staff.

PVP in DAOC Is the best, All other games ive played havnt lived up to it. I still login about twice a month just to PVP, I do play WOW and have 2 level 70 toons on EQ2 btw. I wish Daoc could just get a killer graphic makeover and i would still play it religiously.

*shrug*

I know it doesn't say much about their other games, but EA makes the best football (american) games by far (and in my opinion, best sports games altogether). There have been many other companies that have tried to compete over the years, but they just can't measure up. I am a sports nut though, so my opinion is slighly skewed. I can't wait for NCAA Football 2007. :) I haven't played many of their non-sports titles though, so I may just be living a sheltered gaming life.

The_Law said:
I know it doesn't say much about their other games, but EA makes the ONLY football (american) games by far (and in my opinion, best sports games altogether).
fucking fixed

You must have missed the next line...

The_Law said:
There have been many other companies that have tried to compete over the years, but they just can't measure up.

Other companies have tried (Play Action Football, Quaterback Club, 2k series, Blitz, ESPN Football), but they just don't sell that well in comparison to the EA football games. In my opinion that is because they simply aren't as good. I am more into sports simulation though. The arcade type sports games are fun, but I prefer something that is a little more realistic. There is no need to agree with my opinion though. Different strokes for different folks.

Doesn't matter if the studio keeps all the original people, EA is still the one telling them to jump :x

<Mythic> We're on schedule to release in August 07.
<EA> lollerskaters get it ready for Nov 06!111
<Mythic> But that'll like turn the game into a steaming pile of shit.
<EA> orlly? we can always put a patch out later.
<EA> a patch coded by sadistic, evil monkies.

The_Law said:
You must have missed the next line...

Other companies have tried (Play Action Football, Quaterback Club, 2k series, Blitz, ESPN Football), but they just don't sell that well in comparison to the EA football games. In my opinion that is because they simply aren't as good. I am more into sports simulation though. The arcade type sports games are fun, but I prefer something that is a little more realistic. There is no need to agree with my opinion though. Different strokes for different folks.

I don't agree. The NFL 2K games got a lot of praise, both by gamers and reviewers, but people just didn't buy it. There is something else at work, when a game gets just as much acclaim and even sells itself for less than half the price, and people still don't buy it.

I've seen some people who never even played the NFL 2K series try to claim that it was just crap in comparison and that since Madden was selling better it meant that it absolutely had to be the better game (of course these same people also would rant about bad games outselling good games, which apparently they didn't think was also possible for sports games).

The 2K series of games, I believe at times were even better reviewed than their EA counterparts (I know that NBA Live was really bad one year and NBA 2K was still very good, but Live still sold well).

Looks like EA bought them to make them into their resident MMORPG developer. If I was a member of a company, I would hate to be forced to only make a certain type of game. Even if EA doesn't fire the people, I wonder how many will quite just because they don't like EA?

Good sports games? Ever played the NHL series? Holy shit they can't ever get the rules right. The offsides weren't called or were called in the wrong situations, and then you'd get a faceoff anywhere but the place it should be.

Why the fuck did they remove features that they had since the 90s? In 2005 you couldn't even see the top scorer of the league. You had to browse the whole fucking teams one by one. How fucked is that? On 2006 on PC, if you disable VSYNC you can't even get past the menu. I've seen the game lock up several times on the PS2. But that's nothing. YOU CAN'T EVEN PASTE A DAMNED IP IN THE MULTIPLAYER CONNECTION DIALOG. OH... MY... GOD...

I can't say much about hockey games. I am from Florida and hockey isn't exactly a very popular sport here. So their hockey games may be total crap, I have no idea.

As far as the NFL 2k games being better than madden, I think that is the one series that came close. I have friends who prefered the 2k series the first couple years they were out, but I never really liked them as much. Something about them didn't feel as realistic too me. It seemed like everything was too fast. Seemed more like a cross between a sim and an arcade game. But in reality that could easily be attributed to the fact that I played madden for many years before 2k, so I was accustomed to the EA style of gameplay. *shrug*

You are probably right about the NBA 2k series though. I would say that those games are as good as the Live series.

Anyway, I really like the Madden/NCAA series myself. The gameplay has remained pretty much unchanged for several years, but I still enjoy it greatly.

Karafias said:
Doesn't matter if the studio keeps all the original people, EA is still the one telling them to jump :x

<Mythic> We're on schedule to release in August 07.
<EA> lollerskaters get it ready for Nov 06!111
<Mythic> But that'll like turn the game into a steaming pile of shit.
<EA> orlly? we can always put a patch out later.
<EA> a patch coded by sadistic, evil monkies.

TRUTH.DAT.

Back