My X800xt-pe finally died!!

Well I ordered the IC's. So in a few days I will know if I can save her. Its nice to see some of you are so concerned how I spend my money. Just so you know, I just scored 2 6800 Ultra pci-e's tonite from a friend to whom I will be indebted to for some time. So if I get her rockin she will be for sale again at a VERY reduced price. SIK

James Earl Ray said:
Well I ordered the IC's. So in a few days I will know if I can save her. Its nice to see some of you are so concerned how I spend my money. Just so you know, I just scored 2 6800 Ultra pci-e's tonite from a friend to whom I will be indebted to for some time. So if I get her rockin she will be for sale again at a VERY reduced price. SIK
i wish i had friends like that :(

lol, I wouldn't either..have a nice backup / potential better bencher. Be sure to let me know about that James ;)

lol, I'm no wizzard at all when it comes to fixing stuff like that. I half-question my logic for offering to buy a 'home fix0red' x800xt:pe but if it's cheap enough and runs, I can't resist since I could probably hit top10 of the ORB and i aer teh envy @ ATi benches compared to nVidia.

lol, is this for a non-working needs repaired card, or 'if it works i'll pay this much for it' card? :)

tsuehpsyde said:
lol, is this for a non-working needs repaired card, or 'if it works i'll pay this much for it' card? :)

I dont know yet. I wouldnt sell anyone a card that doesnt work. Im just bustin balls. :D

Owwwww, now they hurt :p Let me know if you get it working and are thinkin about sellin it. I might be interested :) Either way, hope you get it fixed, sucks when you lose something worth that much in the name of benchmarks :(

Yeah, I'm really cautious about too much voltage in anything....even the idea of adding .1v into my 6800U makes me nervous (will do soon)...altho I seem pretty comfortable with 1.6v into my CPU (which my bios, when set to 1.6, puts 1.65v...at least I can alter that in real-time with CoreCenter)...but 1.7v+ makes me nervous even with my temps decent on this uber c00ler.

Bah, time for me to sleep, I work in the morning heh. Good luck fixing it up!

No I mean I used a 10k instead of a 20k cause I ran out. I knew I couldnt keep it on there but for some reason I kept forgetting. :confused:

Okay, I am totally leaving this time lol, so I'll leave this question for the am. 10K?? I'm guessing thats a resistor or transitor or some other technical do-hickey that I have no idea about :p I got a multimeter today tho, so I can check voltages around my machine....I feel so tech-saavy with it sitting next to my keyboard heh.

James, what mobo? Hope not that A8N asus...Neo4sli at zip zoom will be on fri. 1/21.
Did you figure it out (vmod) yet? It seems very similiar with x800xt pcie :D

heater918 said:
if that was the same card i saw yesterday in buy & sell. Bummer i was up half the night thinking about it.Knowing that was as close as i would ever come to video nirvana.But now from reading your responce i feel comforatable if i ever see it back on the block.
If you fix it and chage pot to 10k keep me in mind.

have you tried RMA'ing it? Sounds like the manufacturing process is at fault.

Also, what do you plan on doing with the dead card?
I would buy it from you... if the price was right

ScHpAnKy said:
have you tried RMA'ing it? Sounds like the manufacturing process is at fault.

Also, what do you plan on doing with the dead card?
I would buy it from you... if the price was right

Check out pages 2-3 for some interesting views on subject.

James.....I cannot understand how you have enough money to throw away cards like that. An xt-pe is a dream for a lot of people on this forum. I think my x800 pro is great, its stable, and didnt cost that much.I baby it so it wont die. 500/500 is what I run it at. You really shouldnt be rubbing your fat paychecks or however you are aquireing those cards in our faces. Its rude.

-Josh

ubern00b15 said:
James.....I cannot understand how you have enough money to throw away cards like that. An xt-pe is a dream for a lot of people on this forum. I think my x800 pro is great, its stable, and didnt cost that much.I baby it so it wont die. 500/500 is what I run it at. You really shouldnt be rubbing your fat paychecks or however you are aquireing those cards in our faces. Its rude.

-Josh
Josh.... LIGHTEN UP

its his money, he can spend it however he wants too. most here would commend him for not RMAing his busted card to ATi after he busted it and getting a new card instead

at no point did he ever "rub his fat paycheck" in our faces, he just asked what he should do next. most people on this forum have computers as a pretty big hobby and blowing this kind of money when you are having fun isnt a sin, especially when you can sell it for about half your money back later on

i have a 6800GT. so do many people. i chose to spend my hard earned 430 (taxes) on it when it came out, and i didnt rub it anyone's faces. if you are taking offence beucase some poeople can afford expensive things, you really need to lighten up man

i wish i had the money for that kind of graphics muscle...

:( but i don't even have $100.

ubern00b15 said:

-Josh

Dude he said his card died and he needs some new ones..and asked for suggestion.. That's what these forums are for you know.

don't know why ur assuming weird stuff and spouting psycho babble. overclockers fry stuff all the time.. goes w/ territory like hot rodding or four wheeling.. you just break stuff. Can't stand heat stay out of kitchen.

tsuehpsyde said:
Starhawk, from the looks of ur sig you should invest in a $5 floppy :D

mom won't let me cuz she wasted $200 on an extended warranty and she absolutely must get her money's worth no matter what.

so i'm gonna have to raise $1800 and "buy" the comp from her.

:mad:

ubern00b15 said:

-Josh

Hey guess what? I just bought 2 6800 Ultra pci-e's and pre-ordered a DFI SLI board today! :D Now I am looking at 2 new waterblocks for the cards. I work 60-80 hours a week so I can take care of my daughter and my self. Any left over I do with what I want. Maybe if you work [H]ard, you might get to be the "assistant night manager in training" at Taco Bell! :D

I'm in one of those moods today so dont get your panties in a wad, I'm just screwin' with ya. :D

thats what i meen, you sound to me like a single parent. 2 6800 ultra pci-e, sli is proven unstable and yet you still spend 1200 on it. what a waste. i oc my parts to, i just take care not to fry them. telling us things like o yay, my 600 dollar video card died is bs.

ubern00b15 said:
thats what i meen, you sound to me like a single parent. 2 6800 ultra pci-e, sli is proven unstable and yet you still spend 1200 on it. what a waste. i oc my parts to, i just take care not to fry them. telling us things like o yay, my 600 dollar video card died is bs.

Maybe you should invest in a sense of humor? And I never said what I paid. Its a hobby so I dont put a dollar amount on everything. One more thing, if it wasnt for the [H]ardcore guys you would still be paying $399 for a Ti4600. This hobby feeds off itself. Starve it and it will die.

great. i paid 400 for my x800, and i upgrade every 6 months. im 17, i have no real job, but as my sig says, i have a great computer, better than all of my friends, but i dont rub it in their face

-end it

ubern00b15 said:
great. i paid 400 for my x800, and i upgrade every 6 months. im 17, i have no real job, but as my sig says, i have a great computer, better than all of my friends, but i dont rub it in their face

-end it

Just because you FEEL inadequate doesnt mean you are. Gaze in the mirror and tell yourself, "I am important, I love me" Then have a soak and some green tea. :D

I warned ya I'm in one of those moods.

2Fresh said:
yeah, gosh....he got me there.. :eek:

And seeing how my card will be back to me in a few days...sheesh...that even makes it worse.. I feel SO bad... :rolleyes:
You're scum.

w/e, i dont care.....i just think you should spend it more wisely, like on useful things, like women, or your daughter, or things that make your epenis bigger, a 6800nu runs everything great, if u were playing on that and then moved to a dual 6800u, you wouldnt really notice a difference. plus, sli is really buggy right now, and that is why nvidia is lame, they cut corners and do cheap things.

Back