My X800xt-pe finally died!!

Ok, guys what is my next step? The card died today (luckily before I sold it) I would like some input on which way you think I should go. X850-DFI or 6800U-DFI. This has not been a good week for me. Thanks, SIK

earthscore said:
You could have stuck the buyer with the bill, you shouldnt be happy :rolleyes:

You know what? That is the reason that no one trusts anyone anymore. Thanks for letting all of us see what a piece of shit you are! :mad:

was it overclocked or something? video cards usually don't up and die every couple months...

wow, this thread didnt even START on topic...

id go 6800U-DFI... why? cause youve already played with ATi's top of the line, now its time to play with nvidias :D also, the 6800U will be much easier to find than the x850xt pe

Ouch that kinda sux. Althou I can see where your coming off sorta happy. I didn't get down when I killed my 9800pro a while back, it was actually funny. :)

I'd say 6800U aswell, however there are some PCI-E x850xt-pe's for sale on these forums and others 4 that I know of offhand.

wow.... couldnt leave well enough alone
either one would be amazing. just dont kill this one in a few months

I'd stick with the ATI cards.

Just personal preference really.

If it were me, I'd buy an x800pro to tide me over until ATI and Nvidia both have dual card solutions OR the next generation comes out.

Slap a bigger TEC on the card and put some 16pipe cards to shame with only 12 pipes!

James Earl Ray said:
Well I found the cause of death. The second IC from to the right of the Vivo plug has blown its top. Oh well. :(
well just put a new one on!

if that was the same card i saw yesterday in buy & sell. Bummer i was up half the night thinking about it.Knowing that was as close as i would ever come to video nirvana.But now from reading your responce i feel comforatable if i ever see it back on the block.

James Earl Ray said:
You know what? That is the reason that no one trusts anyone anymore. Thanks for letting all of us see what a piece of shit you are! :mad:

Your integrity is to be commended. :) Like you said, anybody who'd do that to someone else is a POS!!

More out of curiosity, was your original card an actual ATI board or one made by another company? Just curious.

Mr.Dearthian

Damn that sucks to have a good card like that die...

You sir, are a good human being ;)

James Earl Ray said:
I would it rather it die with me than with the guy I sold it to. :D Now that wouldnt be fair, would it?

Did it die because you were trying to put some sort of crazy phase changer on it :p

Congrats on being a good person and on getting some top of the line shit.

Cant you RMA it? That is what I had to do with mine. I sent it back to Viper John for mod reversals then he was cool enouh to just ship it to ATi for me....cool guy.

2Fresh said:
Cant you RMA it? That is what I had to do with mine. I sent it back to Viper John for mod reversals then he was cool enouh to just ship it to ATi for me....cool guy.
he voided his warrenty by modding it, as did you...

I rode her hard. She served me well. I feel I got my $499 out of her. If I can replace the IC I will if not, it will make a pretty cool paperweight. :D

ThirtySixBelow said:

yeah, gosh....he got me there.. :eek:

And seeing how my card will be back to me in a few days...sheesh...that even makes it worse.. I feel SO bad... :rolleyes:

2Fresh said:
yeah, gosh....he got me there.. :eek:

And seeing how my card will be back to me in a few days...sheesh...that even makes it worse.. I feel SO bad... :rolleyes:

What, you mean for being a criminal? Yeah, it's too bad you don't have a conscience

James Earl Ray said:
I rode her hard. She served me well. I feel I got my $499 out of her. If I can replace the IC I will if not, it will make a pretty cool paperweight. :D

If you can't.. I'll take it off your hands for the cost of shipping (no, I'm not going to try to rma it) but it would be a great piece of equipment to use in a DISPLAY computer system [i.e. for my store window] without having to put a *real* working $500 card in the window and have it depreciate in value.

Laforge said:
What, you mean for being a criminal? Yeah, it's too bad you don't have a conscience

Yep, since the mods did not kill the bios that took a shit...I feel horrible

Laforge said:
If you can't.. I'll take it off your hands for the cost of shipping (no, I'm not going to try to rma it) but it would be a great piece of equipment to use in a DISPLAY computer system [i.e. for my store window] without having to put a *real* working $500 card in the window and have it depreciate in value.

Now that is a good idea on how to make that thing work for you after its death.

2Fresh said:
Yep, since the mods did not kill the bios that took a shit...I feel horrible

I remember your other thread too, where you were bragging about the viper john mods you were getting and I said it was going to break, looks like I was right, and then you go ahead and RMA after the warranty was voided, LAME.

you burned up a $500 video card, then bought another only slightly better $500 video card. lovely way to spend $1000...

ill buy your burned up x800 off you for $50 shipped and rma it for a new one.

acascianelli said:
you burned up a $500 video card, then bought another only slightly better $500 video card. lovely way to spend $1000...

Fat chance of that working after its been oced =\

acascianelli said:

i think it is clear he voided his warranty.

acascianelli said:

He may have spent $1000, but at least it was an honest $1000, not an immoral $50.

to each his own...

if i burned up a $500 piece of equipment id try anything i could to not waste it.

Laforge beat me to it :) I would pay shipping, not so much for any display purposes or RMA, but just to say I have *both* 6800U and X800XTPE :p I'd probably display it somewhere....also knowing it got to be in the midst of an FX-55 and on the top10 of the [H]ard ARC :D

Back