My vista 64 keeps crashing to blue screens and restarts. Can I buy windows 7 now?!?

tybert7

2[H]4U
I realize there is no official release yet, I am really asking is there a version of windows 7 out now, stable enough, and AVAILABLE for download/testing that I can use now and supplant this garbage that is vista?

You might want to sort out your obvious hardware problems first...

You got something else going on there man. I have never had a Vista bluescreen except when I know of something stupid I did with hardware or a bad driver...Windows 7 will not make your problems go away.

Vista is more stable and has much better application compatibility right now. Your hardware is messed up.

As everyone here has said so far: you have HARDWARE problems, not OS problems. Start troubleshooting.

what makes you think windows 7 is going to run any better on a fudged up machine? but hey go a head and waste your money on a new os and do us all a favor and don't complain when it too fails to run......

Its the OS, its gotta be, I mean it has a 64 attached to it, that's the problem right there.

:rolleyes:

Its the OS, its gotta be, I mean it has a 64 attached to it, that's the problem right there.

:rolleyes:

It's not the 64 part that's the obvious problem. It's the Vista part. EVERYBODY knows that it's massively unstable.

What does the blue screen say?

and BS on Vista being massively unstable unless you are guys are joking.

if u dont mind watching that green field go XP Pro sp3 dude...
never mind if it doesnt read your 4gb ram....

i got 4gb dominator + evga 295gtx ... im changing mobo to gigabyte soon and gonna reinstall xp pro sp3....the best os....everything's compatible with it, super fast and no probs !

i though vista was good but ok... not for me...

It's not the 64 part that's the obvious problem. It's the Vista part. EVERYBODY knows that it's massively unstable.

Everybody knows that Vista isn't unstable its the Vista drivers that are unstable.

Seriously though, Most of the time its a hardware problem that has turned into a software problem.

Rule #1 never install your OS untill your computer can pass Memtest, tests 3, 5 and 7 with multiple passes.

You might want to sort out your obvious hardware problems first...

Could be hardware I suppose... Though did not happen in xp under the same hardware, that is what leads me to believe there is some quirk in vista that is causing an issue.

As for the messages, they vary, irql no less than, plus several others

IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN is a driver issue, always. Parity errors are memory, pretty much always... the rest, you'll have to figure it out for yourself. :)

No, everybody doesn't know that. I've had 2 BSDs with Vista. One was when I installed an 8800GT and it wasn't properly seated.

The other was the other day when Windows 7 (it seems) screwed up my vista partition and made it unbootable.

If you're getting a BSD, you've either got an HW problem or something somehow screwed up a driver on your HD.

Have you tried doing a system restore? If it won't boot, then use the Vista DVD and try fixing it there.

The bottom line is, that most people don't have problems with Vista. I've certainly seen no difference from XP, unless you count the fact that XP and Vista Beta/RC played nicely together while Vista/7 have not (but that's another thread).

nilepez, did you miss that guys next sentence? :)

Seriously though, Most of the time its a hardware problem that has turned into a software problem.

So he didn't use a smiley/emoticon to show the sarcasm but but but... there it is... :D

nilepez, did you miss that guys next sentence? :)

So he didn't use a smiley/emoticon to show the sarcasm but but but... there it is... :D

I only saw one line in his post....neverhteless, I should have picked it up.

Sorry Sat.

Could be hardware I suppose... Though did not happen in xp under the same hardware, that is what leads me to believe there is some quirk in vista that is causing an issue.

Gee I never heard that when windows 95 came out (It ran fine with Windows 3.1)
or
Gee I never heard that when windows 98 came out (It ran fine with '95)
or
Gee I never heard that when windows 2000 came out (It ran fine with '98/NT 4.0)
or
Gee I never heard that when windows XP came out (It ran fine with 2000)
or
Gee I never heard that when windows Vista came out (It ran fine with XP)
or
Gee I never heard that when windows 7 came out (It ran fine with Vista)

With each OS relase, MS has begun utilizing features of the hardware/depending on the hardware to be correctly configured by the manufacturer according to the IEEE specs for everthing that is present on the MB.

Each time, when the manufacturers realize which pieces Windows may not actually be using, they stop focusing thorough Q&A testing on that piece. In the next release MS depends on things meeting spec, the lax manufacturer isn't meeting it. Presto! the box that ran the previous generation OS with no issues fails with the new one.

Could be a problem with one of your drivers, which doesn't exactly make it Vista's fault. Also, Windows 7 may be no different for you, considering it's not even out yet, so driver support isn't going to be leaps and bounds better. Not to mention the fact 7 uses drivers used for Vista.

I only saw one line in his post....neverhteless, I should have picked it up.

Sorry Sat.

No problem-o. My fault for not using the sarcasm emoticon...

Anyways, back to our regularly scheduled programing...

Back