• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My Son's Centurion 5 "mini worklog"

Ahh, well, I will be sure to check in. Also, your case mods are great. After browsing some of your worklogs, you definitely have talent. Think you might ever do a home theater?
 
Thanks everyone! Got the rest of the parts in and I have been working to get this build back up and going.. I am finally done.. I was sure to take a few pics here and there so I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story..


The picture below is of the hard drive rack that I removed..


DSCN9601.jpg
 
Just ran 3dmark06 and scored: 11,354. Not bad. Definately not bad for a 13 year old boy. His processor is running actually nice and cool, idling at 29c on one core and 30c on the other core. I used AC MX-2 paste on the CPU & GPU. The vcore is set to 1.45v in the bios and showing 1.392v in CPU-Z. The 8800GTS 640mb card is running a mild overclock at 621 / 1512 / 900. His card was actually my "old" card that I was using in my Lian Li setup. GPU-Z is reading his temps at 46c (idle) with his fan set to 90% in Riva Tuner. I KNOW the card will do 684 / 1674 / 945 as it was running 24/7 in my Lian Li setup. I also believe his processor is capable of atleast 3.4ghz and could probably top out around 3.6ghz. Again, for a 13 year old boy, 3.2ghz at a 400 FSB is plenty.. LOL!
 
You have one lucky son! that computer is better than mine and im 13! but i paid for my computer by myself so......
Im really liking the color! another GeminII user!
 
Thanks y'all.. I posted some pics in the Centurion 5 thread.. It's official.. LOL. I forgot to post the pics with the side window installed.. (different angles in different lighting situations)..


DSCN9606.jpg


DSCN9608.jpg


DSCN9618.jpg


DSCN9619.jpg
 
Wow thats a awesome build. Lucky kid. My only sad moment is that too bad the PCB you couldn't change to match.
 
Wow thats a awesome build. Lucky kid. My only sad moment is that too bad the PCB you couldn't change to match.

Yeah.. A black PCB motherboard would have been nice.. sigh.. oh well.. I don't think there are any black PCB 650i ultra motherboards less than $89.99.
 
Just ran 3dmark06 and scored: 11,354. Not bad. Definately not bad for a 13 year old boy.

wah.. that's only a smidge off mine.. and i bet he gets food too.. i had to starve for my baby :p

awesome job, i hadn't checked back in a while.. but it looks EXCELLENT! !! :D:D
 
How is your motherboard working out for you? I am actually interested in this board (on a different build).

I don't have it, but it has some nice reviews, and people have a good time OCing it.

If I had to buy another board, especially if my case looked like the one in this log :D , I'd buy it.
 
Back
Top