My Shuttle

heyheyhey

Gawd
Well, it got here today, and let me say, when you touch it, the quality just kinda flows into your hands. Its so awesome, so easy to setup, I had it it out of the box and loading Windows in 15 minutes. Pics are in my sig.

pics.gif

Oops lol... I fixed the link, and I don't wanna post because they're in 1280x1024, and its a .jpeg, and I'm on Win2k, so I can't resize. Sorry.

Heh... my $100 special from Office Max =D

You can't see the hutch on the side, but it came free and I have all my mess over there (DVDs, games, books, spare stuff, Oreo's, etc)

Just got my "5950U" up to 525/1025! Yay!

Omg. I put the top back on the Shuttle, and now it can't even do 450/950! Ahhhhh

Put the voltages back down... it works now.... but with the top off, it'll do 525/1025... I can't imagine what it would get if I took it outside lol!
Bumped my FSB to 150, and got 15k in 3dmark01. weWt!

Lmao yeah, I got it for free.

Well, my 2.4 maxed out at 2.9, it won't go over it at all. I was hoping for 3.0, but, owell. Getting ~15950 in 3DMark01 every time, wanted to get 16K, but its close enough for me, gonna download 3DMark03 and see what I get.

put a small fan on the side there blowing on top of the vid card. That'd do the trick fo' sho'!

I think that would look kind of.... gay =\

Not much room, the mesh takes up most of the space anyway :)

shuttle cases aren't meant for oc at all. If you want to oc your vcard dont use your shuttle case. looks very clean tho.

Originally posted by theNoid
shuttle cases aren't meant for oc at all. If you want to oc your vcard dont use your shuttle case. looks very clean tho.

oh really?

then I guess my Shuttle's 2.8C thats running at 3.3Ghz with a 9800 Pro thats running at 425/700 doesnt mean jack, huh?

heh, I love it when people talk smack and dont have .02 cents to back it up. :p

Well, I can only get it to 2.7 after extensive testing for complete stability (Prime95 - 24/7), but, I guess its good enough. Temps are way better than I though, CPU idle is ~31*C, and Case idle is ~40*C :p

But, it was definatly with the $350, and if you do alot of LANning (like me), don't hesitate at all in ordering one :)

well, you're already at an O/Cing handicap with a "B" P4 cuz they certainly havent been known to be great O/Cers like the "C" chips are.

nonetheless, if you're happy then thats all that counts. :)

Yeah I know, but 2.7GHz is certainly fast enough for me, I imagine anyone else here too, so I don't care, but I'm eyeing a 2.8C on Newegg for $180... shouldn't be long till I have the money for it :D

I've seen plenty of OC'd Shuttles that keep up with Anything besides prommie, so I don't know what ^^^ is talking about. What model is that by the way? I'm looking intogetting a shuttle for the dorms and I am curious as to which would be the best buy.

My shuttle is overclocking pretty nicely. Got 2500+ to 3200+.

man i can't wait till i get a shuttle. then put in a wireless keyboard, mouse, network. oh if only monitors and speakers could be wireless too.

Glad you like yours. I gotta 75G2 last week and I hated it. Way too small for my tastes. I really wanted to like it cause im so sick of my heavy ass case but after seeing it, just the thought of my hot hardware in that lunch pale scared me to death.

And my Hercules 9800pro wouldn't fit because of the heatsinks on the memory modules. Cables freaking all over the place, and absolutely no room to work.

I wasn't about to tear apart my card, loose OC speed and run hotter temps for $350, so I sent shuttle back and ate the refurb fee. I'll stick with "Blue Fantasy" and ATX spec for a good long time I think

y not crack out the duck tape for the IDE leads, tape it to the bays n shit, then cable ties, itsnot that hard to get rid of most of the clutter, chomp the grill outa the back, then the problem with the heatsinks.... cut yourself a hole so they get outside ur case.

ps. stop winging ;)

Well my cables were very out of the way even before I put my round cables in... you must've just like.. thrown cables all over the place...

I just didn't like how the freaking HDD cable covers up the Northbridge fan pretty much and the disk drive cables runs across the top and the interior got scratched so freaking easily just be rubbing my fingers on it, the power connects run all over the place.......Arrrrgh was just fustrating as hell. And then after all that, my Audigy 2 and Hercules 9800pro didn't fit worth a damn. Boy I was pissed

Ugh, no thanks. I can see why their popular but i'll just be staying away from them.

Originally posted by Icewindius
I just didn't like how the freaking HDD cable covers up the Northbridge fan pretty much and the disk drive cables runs across the top and the interior got scratched so freaking easily just be rubbing my fingers on it, the power connects run all over the place.......Arrrrgh was just fustrating as hell. And then after all that, my Audigy 2 and Hercules 9800pro didn't fit worth a damn. Boy I was pissed

Ugh, no thanks. I can see why their popular but i'll just be staying away from them.
There is a clip on the bottom of the drive tray to keep the hd cable away from the northbridge. The power cables do need a bit of work to look pretty, but it's easy to clean up with just a couple cable ties. Admittedly, some of the video cards with larger heatsinks might not fit in the Shuttle cases. People have fit 9800pros in Shuttles, but you just need to be careful which brand you get. Not sure what problem you had with the Audigy 2... that should have been fine.

The hercules 9800pro has a very large back heastsink with spring mounted clips. That and very large memory heatsinks protrude and grounded into the Audigy 2. Thank god I looked before I turned it on.

90.jpg

Its to bad, I really really wanted to enjoy that shuttle, but, just to many things going against it.

decide.jpg

i have a choice of the Sb75G2 or a black wavemaster with an ic7-g max2.....

im stumped, i dont know which one to chose, i think im gonna go with the shuttle for upgrades sake, BTX is coming out soon right?
or is it worth it to still buy a 160$ atx case at this point

The difference between onboard sound and Audigy 2 isn't even funny. That and onboard simply take up to many CPU cycles. I never use onboard. period.

The onboard on my SB62G2 is not too bad, but had wierd issues such as popping and fizzing while using my mouse scrollwheel. I just popped my TBSC into it. Fits perfectly, along with my radeon9k (good enough for ET, good enough for me). I even have an old blorb(at 5v) affixed to it and it just barely fits. I dont know what all the issues with fitting hardware into it are. Also my cables are very clean, its all a matter of how you implement them. Everything that needs power gets it from one cable, and i've stealthed that with heatshrink (oh what a fun evening that was). I also got one rounded cable from Fry's, neatest/thinnest one i've ever seen, its covered with mesh sleeving and looks real slick.

Temps right now are 39/48 idle, although this is after running for a few hours inside the cabinet in my desk (poor circulation). My dremel and I will be taking care of that real soon though.

Back