My 570 is almost faster than an 8800GTX.

For those telling the OP that he's bottlenecked, while he may not be getting the most out of his card, his CPU isn't the key limiting factor in his graphics scores as compared to the following example, which scores a substantially higher score than his what the OP's 570 scores, while being significantly lower than comparable scores for that type of graphics card. (Look in the results browser for 580GTX in single card, many of them pulling over 10K on the Graphics score).

I'm currently using an Opteron 165 @ 2.97 GHz with 2 GB of RAM and a 580 GTX (I'm planning on upgrading to Sandy Bridge once it drops in Jan, so I bought the vid card now.)

My results for 3DMark 11 are:

3DMark Score: P2132
Graphics score: 4632
Physics Score: 838
Combined Score: 781
GraphicsTest1: 16.98 FPS
GraphicsTest2: 25.98 FPS
GraphicsTest3: 34.61 FPS
GraphicsTest4: 13.83 FPS
PhysicsTest: 2.66 FPS
CombinedTest: 3.63 FPS

Last edited:
Oh, an argumentative stupid person. Galore!

A.) That's not a bottleneck, silly! That's simply higher performance.
Oh no! Look out! That i7 920 @ 3.0Ghz is bottlenecking that poor GPU!
Quick, someone get the i7 920 @ 3.1Ghz!
Psch.

B.) Wow, dual-logging MMO's. How undeniably common and relevant to the average consumer! Please. I ran Vista 64-bit non-SP1 and running Crysis only got it to above 3GB.

D.) I agree.

E.) Here, follow my advice - Be right or GTFO.

... You actually are the one who is being argumentative... ;).

A) A bottleneck is the part that is holding back the rest. Thus, yes, it would be a bottleneck in that case.

B) Yeah, it's so niche there are large MMO forums dedicated to multiboxing talk ;).

E) Follow your own advice, as I said before.

Wish I still had my old Pny Gtx8800 to try on my x58 motherboard, I'd love to compare benchies between that and my current card.

Back