MW2, No Dedicated Servers, PB, 9v9 limit, leaning, etc etc

I think this game is squarely in the "Not even worth pirating category".

IW's single player campaigns have traditionally been terrible, and with out decent multiplayer, I don't see why anyone would bother.

IW sodding bunch of greedy wankers can go to hell. Looking at MW2 I don't care if they stop making PC games, Treyarch can take their place and do a proper job.

IW sodding bunch of greedy wankers can go to hell. Looking at MW2 I don't care if they stop making PC games, Treyarch can take their place and do a proper job.

you can bet that the next Treyarch installment will follow suit.

They will probably eventually add dedicated servers, so I'd just buy the game any way :D

Imagine if IW never told us about no dedi servers etc until a day or two before the release when most would have got their pre orderes?

If they add stuff later (DS and removing the MP 9v9 limit), I'll buy it.

Until then, I'm not buying any form of MW2 whatsoever, console or PC.

In a rare devil's-advocate moment: as a non-hardcore player (hell, I've never even touched CoD4) I could understand and maybe even accept the 9v9 thing on the PC side if IW had gone the extra half-mile and somehow implemented cross-platform MP. As it is, their literally Xeroxing the console MP aspect for the PC side and keeping it separate is actually insulting, if in a straightforward going-for-the-money way.

And when that's combined with everything else...no. Just no.

In a rare devil's-advocate moment: as a non-hardcore player (hell, I've never even touched CoD4) I could understand and maybe even accept the 9v9 thing on the PC side if IW had gone the extra half-mile and somehow implemented cross-platform MP. As it is, their literally Xeroxing the console MP aspect for the PC side and keeping it separate is actually insulting, if in a straightforward going-for-the-money way.

And when that's combined with everything else...no. Just no.

I don't think console players can really outgun M/KB players...

the analoug joysticks do take a while to get used to, but even so, I have these random bits of motion I cannot deadden.

If you guys are so vocal before game release, I just wonder how vocal you will be once the game comes out. I bet you'll be seen playing the game.

So after weeks of posting one after the other you mean to tell me you guys will go away and be quiet once it's released? No, you'll be in game fighting, who are you kidding?

Dedicated servers: Plus, you get to be your own government.

No deds: I don't have to worry anymore about power hungry admins now do I?

Suck a huchie.

If you guys are so vocal before game release, I just wonder how vocal you will be once the game comes out. I bet you'll be seen playing the game.

So after weeks of posting one after the other you mean to tell me you guys will go away and be quiet once it's released? No, you'll be in game fighting, who are you kidding?

Suck a huchie.

Maybe if you played on decent servers, you wouldn't have to worry about 'power hungry admins'.

Suck a huchie.

Enjoy your 200ms ping and cheaters then.

Np. 200ping vs asshole admin unless you get on your knees? I'll take 200..

Here's a hint: there are many servers out there. That argument has no merit.

And when half the players are cheating I'm sure you'll be wishing for a "power hungry admin" to ban them. Pff...

Last edited:
Ugh... I'm getting a headache from all the retarded comments from clueless idiots on other forums.

Some people actually defend the loss of dedicated servers as a good thing, it's revolutionary! And we're all kids who don't know better because "in the old days" there weren't dedicated servers so it's all right and playing warcraft (comparing MP on an RTS to an FPS just further proves their stupidity) was fine :rolleyes:

May the gods save us from all these brainless sheep.

So what's your point? That you can magically read our minds or see the future? Why do you feel that this is a legitimate argument?

Ugh... I'm getting a headache from all the retarded comments from clueless idiots on other forums.

Some people actually defend the loss of dedicated servers as a good thing, it's revolutionary! And we're all kids who don't know better because "in the old days" there weren't dedicated servers so it's all right and playing warcraft (comparing MP on an RTS to an FPS just further proves their stupidity) was fine :rolleyes:

May the gods save us from all these brainless sheep.

It's frustrating, yeah. The console fanboys (I game on both a PC and a PS3...I had a 360 but I sold it because I needed the $$$) don't realize that instead of mocking us for insisting on the superior dedicated server system, they should be pushing developers to institute a similar system on their chosen platforms. Matchmaking listen servers became possible on consoles as a compromise, because you can bet that your average console player is not going to be willing to leave his system running as a dedicated server without being able to play on it himself. That's what they are not getting: matchmaking listen servers are a compromise, one that is totally unnecessary in the PC gaming world.

So what's your point? That you can magically read our minds or see the future? Why do you feel that this is a legitimate argument?

You fight is for nothing. It's not your GAME. Did you make it? Then sit down.

True. But how long does that take? It takes weeks upon weeks of trial and error.

No, it doesn't. If you're getting kicked constantly and butting heads with admins all the time, the issue is probably you and your behavior. Judging from the maturity level that you're displaying here, I can't say I'm surprised that you're having this problem.

True. But how long does that take? It takes weeks upon weeks of trial and error.

Yeah! It's much better to join a random game full of assholes and little kids whose vocabulary consist only of racist remarks everytime innit?

You fight is for nothing. It's not your GAME. Did you make it? Then sit down.

No, YOU sit down. You enjoy being a sheep, we don't. We fight for what we deem worthy unlike some people who just take it quietly. Why don't you go play on your little console?

it took me... 4 games.

4games to find 3 sub 40ping 32player servers that have so far, stayed around 20 players at any given time.

Good admins, too.

Don't bother posting back, if you have never even played MW1. Anybody who has played it know this simple fact.

You look for low ping, high player count.

Out of 11000 servers, you are bound to find about 200 for your region. Then just pick and choose.

Unlike the forced matchmaking system, you get to keep the ones you like. With matchmaking, you have to wait for a game (yeah... or you could of just used search filters, and never have to do it again :)), and depending on the straw length you got, you either:

Got shafted with a 200ping+ host (host advantage FTW!)
Gets lot of 'host migrations' from ragequits due to the high latency. (yeah.... there is a reason why they are called dedicated servers... no ragequits).
Get a timeout, due to the matchmaking server being taken down to force you to buy the next version of the game.

Eat what you're fed, but I'd rather have a choice, even if it 'takes longer' :rolleyes: from certain points of view.

SHEEP? I was there from the start. It's a business. You can't get on the internet and try to persuade a business with shit like, "I ain't buying this crap."

Stomping your feet might help you when you get grounded by your mom but not in the business world for they foretold your feet.

when did you think this thread was a boycot?

Some of us are just trying to get this info out there, before the real sheep start shelling out cash.

Then there are the other id10ts who are starting those useless online petitions...

when did you think this thread was a boycot?

Some of us are just trying to get this info out there, before the real sheep start shelling out cash.

Then there are the other id10ts who are starting those useless online petitions...

This isn't stupid. It's only stupid to a few.

I will get to host my own server for a small time. I can make a server for friends. I can do just as much as the next guy.

You people on the other hand want all the power in a few hands. No. I want it to be equal. When I get online I want to know that I can do anything, and not what some organization says I need to do.

It does? My nick is AidsAcrssAmrica and I get booted now and then for it, but not very often at all. You have to be one hell of an asshole or not know how to follow the rules to not be able to find a server.

I'm buying the game because i would rather enjoy the game than stand in line and fight for something that isn;t even mine to begin with.

Later

This isn't stupid. It's only stupid to a few.

I will get to host my own server for a small time. I can make a server for friends. I can do just as much as the next guy.

You people on the other hand want all the power in a few hands. No. I want it to be equal. When I get online I want to know that I can do anything, and not what some organization says I need to do.

Then go rent or build your own server then? Like p2p gaming? why the fuck are you gaming on a pc then?

Then go rent or build your own server then? Like p2p gaming? why the fuck are you gaming on a pc then?

I will host my own server on MW2. Unlike you, I won't have to pay a 3rd party to put a game on for me. I'll just click a button.

p.s. I know I can't decide what or who host but it's better than Joe Smacktard.

Back