Must See Video of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
I have never seen anything like this, a military Jeep torn completely down and rebuilt in under four minutes. This isn’t some gimmick either, they drove it to and from the exhibition. While not “tech” related, this is definitely one of the coolest things you will see all day.

Impressive, but i sure as hell wouldnt wanna drive that thing. A death trap. :D

I think they practiced.........:eek:..........a little.

Try that with a HumVee:cool:

I wouldn't say "completely" disassembled, seeing as how the engine/transmission is still in one piece.

It sure makes me want a jeep like that, though. If it's too hard to reach something in the engine bay, no big deal--just pull off the body!

No wonder the military used the for so long. Definitely an advantage if you can tear it down like that so fast.
I wouldn't think anything even remotely close to that could be done with Humvee lol

Hehe.. there were some "shortcuts", etc....

Definitely not stock by any means.

#1. Why didn't any coolant leak/pour all over the place when the removed the radiator?
#2. Looked like they were using pins with clips to hold the drivetrain and suspension in... defnitely not stock and not safe for normal use. They probably did the same to hold the body on.
#3. There is no way that the lug nuts were tightened down properly. When was the last time you tried to use a speed wrench to remove torqued lug nuts?

Still impressive but yes was definately not 100% stock and was prepped for the event. The muffler was just hanging down and not attached apparently.

Say what you want about that video, it was impressive none the less. Good job! :cool:

It sure makes me want a jeep like that, though. If it's too hard to reach something in the engine bay, no big deal--just pull off the body!

Yeah, if you've got like 5 other guys to help you lift it. :p

It would be fun to see this tried with a stock jeep. Not criticizing--just wondering how fast you could do it if you had the right tools for torque, spills, etc.

Quite impressive.

But clearly you haven't left your car parked in Mexico City :D:D

There is a video floating around with 3 guys taking the engine out of a VW bug, then putting it back in and driving away.....I think in less than 4 minutes.....Its on you tube if you want to look for it...I cant search here at work...

"Not to specs" doesn't matter when you're out in the middle of nowhere and/or in a hot zone. ;) Cannibalize enough parts to limp it somewhere else.

I wish people would do stuff like that out on the street in my 'hood. Instead, they just drive like shit.

I second that about the Bug engine pull- it's an event at many meets. I have not seen it in person is a while, but I have heard the competitive times are well under three minutes to completely disconnect everything, roll the engine about ten yards from the bug, and then get everything back in and start it up. Not knocking these guys at all- seriously cool!

Anybody can get that done with a couple of guys and quick release pins. I want to see them REALLY drive that Jeep like it was meant to be driven after that little circus show!!

Hehe.. there were some "shortcuts", etc....

Definitely not stock by any means.

#1. Why didn't any coolant leak/pour all over the place when the removed the radiator?
#2. Looked like they were using pins with clips to hold the drivetrain and suspension in... defnitely not stock and not safe for normal use. They probably did the same to hold the body on.
#3. There is no way that the lug nuts were tightened down properly. When was the last time you tried to use a speed wrench to remove torqued lug nuts?

This.

but, it was amazing to watch anyways

Shortcuts my behind!

That was way cool,

Takes longer than that to install some HSFs.

Now let's see some speed computer building or something...

At a trade show there was a competition for building a rack of gear: servers, power supplies, amps, etc... including nicely wired and terminated. It was pretty impressive, just a bit more nerdy then these guys :) Too bad we don't have a video of it.

Awesome Video ... coming from an old 63B ... made me miss the old motor pool in West Germany.

Yep it's all for show. Obviously running no coolant. Minimum number of fasteners used.

Despite the multitude of shortcuts taken, quite impressive display.

Very cool, but I do believe there was a bit of pre-disassembly involved :)

Back