Must See Video of the Day: Darth Maul Apprentice

You would think that with all their writers, Lucas/Disney could come up with shit this good... oh wait you would have to actually be fans of the canon and story. Kinda like how these tools continue to destroy Star Trek as well.

For a fan made film, that was actually pretty damn good! They could have pulled back a bit and tightened up the fighting choreography though - it was just a tad too over exuberant with an overabundance of light saber swings/arcs/spins at times, but other than that, well done!

Dude did a pretty good job, considering he was in a role originally performed by someone gifted like Ray Park. That was really good.

You would think that with all their writers, Lucas/Disney could come up with shit this good... oh wait you would have to actually be fans of the canon and story. Kinda like how these tools continue to destroy Star Trek as well.
JJ's first Trek was fine. The 2nd one, not so much, but let's not pretend that the original cast films were all classics. 2, 4 and 6 were great. 1 was meh. 3 was barely OK and 5 was awful.
TNG had First Contact and the rest ranged from awful (Generations) to a quasi remake of Khan (Nemesis).

I'd rather see more Ds9 than TOS/TNG movies, but that's never going to happen.

As for Star Wars, i have no problem with the most recent movie. It was what most people wanted. Lucas didn't like it, but most didn't like the last 3 movies Lucas did. I wasn't a fan of the last 45 minutes of Jedi either.

Saw the video yesterday, loved it, very well done - there's a behind the scenes one as well which is pretty awesome too.

But what pissed me off is thinking "Ok, Maul is a major badass, personally selected by the Emperor to be his one Apprentice and we all know there is always one Master and one Apprentice based on what we heard in the first prequel. So he's worthy in the Emperor's eyes, trains like crazy, is focused, determined, like I said a major badass. He lays waste to 7 Jedi (in this fan made film, that is) without even really breaking a sweat under the watchful eye of the Emperor himself. So when I think back to that moment in the first prequel where the fairly well beaten Obi Wan does this funky flip thing and slices Maul in half like he was slicing a piece of bread, I mean COME ON... LUCAS, WTF MAN..."

I am a fan of the original trilogy, saw all three of 'em on their respective days of release in the theaters (yeah, I'm old, it happens) and I prefer them and only those movies personally. Not the fan edits over the years, not the total carnage that Lucas did by altering them, dropping some footage, adding other stuff, tossing in CGI where it wasn't really welcome or needed in the original theatrical releases either. Not a fan of the prequels, not a fan of the latest one either - I did see it but was severely disappointed in it overall.

But how Darth Maul got himself turned into a two-piece suit literally really pissed me off and always will. I know he had to be removed so that Anakin could then slide into the role as the Emperor's Apprentice and become Darth Vader but even so, what a letdown.

So yeah, it's nice to see the fans doing something with the character. Hell, if Lucas can do prequels and provide more backstory, so can the fans. :)

Its amazing what can be done without a big studio budget today. Great job.
I just wish they would tone down the acrobatics, even in the big budget films. I miss the kendo fighting style used in the originals. Much less visual, but more subtle, less movements and efficient.

wow. Very impressive, especially for a fan made film. I can recall a lot of B films and even A list titles this short moving would definitely shame. WOW!

Back