Multiple platform racing wheel recommendations?

SamuraiInBlack

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm in the market for a racing wheel.

Looking for something with 3 pedals and can do PC and XB1 at the very least.

I don't need next best thing to driving the real deal, but I'd at least like something worth the bells and whistles and reasonably close.

Primarily going to use this for Forza, Project Cars 2, Need for Speed games that have been collecting dust in my steam library and a truck driving sim that was gifted to me.

Any recommendations are welcome, and if any I should avoid, a heads up is appreciated as well. Thanks!

Logitech G920 is only thing i can think of that fits your need. If you go fanatec you gonna spend a ton to get 3 pedal an xb1

Logitech G920 is only thing i can think of that fits your need. If you go fanatec you gonna spend a ton to get 3 pedal an xb1

Apparently the G920 has gone the way of the dodo already. I can't find anybody selling it close to its $399 MSRP. Price gouging starts at $650.

Edit: There are some on eBay but even then the pricing is up there. Ugh.

Last edited:
Thrustmaster TMX PRO is another one, but those also seem to be out of stock everywhere. You can get the regular TMX and T3PA pedals separately to make a TMX PRO, but it will just be $50 more expensive than a TMX PRO.

Wheel:
https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/accessories/apd/a9168852
https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Force-Feedback-racing-wheel-WINDOWS/dp/B01CI97DNM
https://www.gamestop.com/video-game...ox-one-tmx-force-feedback-wheel/10129787.html

Pedals:
https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/thr...soft-xbox-one-sony-playstation-4/apd/aa056584

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Apparently the G920 has gone the way of the dodo already. I can't find anybody selling it close to its $399 MSRP. Price gouging starts at $650.

Edit: There are some on eBay but even then the pricing is up there. Ugh.
It's not that it has gone the way of the dodo, it's supply and demand due to the coronavirus. The huge increase in demand is due to more people being home and the virtual racing NASCAR is doing.

If you want a good deal, keep your eye out, but I expect it won't improve until after this is all over.

If you want to go more mid-tier, Fanatec can support Xbox and PC, or even Xbox, PC and PS4 depending on which base/wheel combo you get. Basically all their wheel bases work on Xbox and PC, but you need an Xbox specific rim to enable the Xbox compatibility. For some reason their cheapest Xbox compatible base and rim is not longer listed on their site so there are no good bundle deals. Probably would be looking at $800+ for a CSL Elite base with Elite Loadcell pedals and an Xbox rim.

Thrustmaster TMX PRO is another one, but those also seem to be out of stock everywhere. You can get the regular TMX and T3PA pedals separately to make a TMX PRO, but it will just be $50 more expensive than a TMX PRO.

Wound up getting it all from Dell. I was literally a second too late for the TMX on Amazon when it listed for $178.

It's not that it has gone the way of the dodo, it's supply and demand due to the coronavirus. The huge increase in demand is due to more people being home and the virtual racing NASCAR is doing.

If you want a good deal, keep your eye out, but I expect it won't improve until after this is all over.

Oddly enough I forgot about that. Didn't think there'd be such a huge jump in demand on a niche accessory, though.

If you want to go more mid-tier, Fanatec can support Xbox and PC, or even Xbox, PC and PS4 depending on which base/wheel combo you get. Basically all their wheel bases work on Xbox and PC, but you need an Xbox specific rim to enable the Xbox compatibility. For some reason their cheapest Xbox compatible base and rim is not longer listed on their site so there are no good bundle deals. Probably would be looking at $800+ for a CSL Elite base with Elite Loadcell pedals and an Xbox rim.

If I were more dedicated to driving simulators I'd do that, but I don't think I ever will be. Maybe when the next gen of consoles drop, I'd have a different opinion. For now though, I'm gonna keep it to the basics. I will keep Fanatec in mind though if it comes to that.

Ya with the current situation sim racing is booming an everything is sold out. Glad you found something a friend of mine wanted to get into it right away an had to settle for FB market because he wasnt willing to buy a mid or upper tier setup from the get go. Enjoy!!!

I have had the Thrustmaster TX for a few years now. I like it and it works with XBOX One and PC. I also got the TH8A shifter which is pretty cool.

Having said that, it was a bumpy start for me with defective products... First the TH8A shifter was defective, they sent me a cable, didn't work and then sent me the electronics in the bottom of the shifter which I swapped out.

Right after that the powersupply went bad in the wheelbase and I had to RMA that. I got a replacement and everything has been great since then. Overall they are pretty well built, probably worth the $ I would say.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tx-racing-wheel-leather-edition

I have had the Thrustmaster TX for a few years now. I like it and it works with XBOX One and PC. I also got the TH8A shifter which is pretty cool.

Having said that, it was a bumpy start for me with defective products... First the TH8A shifter was defective, they sent me a cable, didn't work and then sent me the electronics in the bottom of the shifter which I swapped out.

Right after that the powersupply went bad in the wheelbase and I had to RMA that. I got a replacement and everything has been great since then. Overall they are pretty well built, probably worth the $ I would say.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tx-racing-wheel-leather-edition
The TMX isn't the TX. I haven't read about any issues with the TMX, just the usual understanding of you get what you're paying for since it is on the cheaper side. That said, it is a damned good wheel at its price point.

Back