Multiplayer Unreal Tournament 3 Where is everyone?

fx9

[H]ard|Gawd
So I got Unreal Tournament 3 today, installed and just started the game. Looked at the online multiplayer games for some servers to play on. Where is everyone? Seems like its a complete ghost town with a couple servers with 2 or 3 people, and one server that has 16/20. I mean is Unreal Tournament 3 gotten to the point that its so bad no one wants to play it anymore?

Fill me in cause this is kinda weird, where I hear a lot of people bought the game when it first came out and now, its like um...where is everyone? :confused:

I'm waiting until UT3 gets down to $30 or less. It's real close via Amazon . . . :D

You know its a real shame, cause I really like the game and I run into the same problem trying to find a server with actual people. I bought the game the day it came out and have seen the numbers of peopel continually decline. Sucks dude. :(

Ya you know I'm playing alot of other games too and some I like better than UT3 as well so I understand where your coming from there. Still, you would think there would be more than a just a few servers with any decent amount of people playing though. The game is not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, however reading how some people bitch it out on various boards across the net makes me laugh.:rolleyes:

^ sucks but its true. You'd think there would be more activity since that bundle came out on Steam, but nope. I purchased it too.

I'm waiting until UT3 gets down to $30 or less. It's real close via Amazon . . . :D

there may be no one left by the time you buy it :p

I played the first couple weeks it came out, but then went back to TF2. For me, UT3 came out at a bad time, it would have gotten more attention from me if it didn't come out around the same time as TF2 and COD4. I have no problems with the game and it's a good game (IMO), but other games are more fun.

It was a flop mainly because the people at epic started to censor peoples opinions and all that plus it was a mess when it was released. Then when the full version came it didn't come close to achieving what ut2k4 was plus it was consolized and with dumbed down menu options. Basically it went under after awhile ;)

as a huge fan of 99 and 04, i was very disappointed when i first installed it... on release day.

onslaught was completely ruined... which took away any motivation to play over CoD4

now that CoD4 is getting a little old to my LAN group, we'll probably move on to TF2

hopefully some nice mods come out for it so i can get my moneys worth.

as a huge fan of 99 and 04, i was very disappointed when i first installed it... on release day.

onslaught was completely ruined... which took away any motivation to play over CoD4

now that CoD4 is getting a little old to my LAN group, we'll probably move on to TF2

hopefully some nice mods come out for it so i can get my moneys worth.

CoD4 is a little old? Then what about all those players still on CounterStrike Source? Ancient game? There's actually more people playing UT2k4 than UT3, and man what happened to the UT franchise? Onslaught was the best team game ever, but I've just played the new Warfare mode today and man it sucks really bad.

COD4 gets older, faster than any multiplayer game I played in 10 years. It's the same shit over and over... and over.

Maps are ridiculously small. Made for like 2 people.

Guns don't mean shit. AK47? Skorpion? who cares people die 2 shots from anything.

Theres no classes..

Different game modes don't change playstyle at all.

CoD4 was fun but it's multiplayer has ZERO depth. I'm flabbergasted how people continue playing cod's maps the sizes of shoeboxes doing the same EXACT thing repeatedly.

80% of online game population are noobs if it wasn't for that UT3 would be much more popular.

We need a UT '09 or something. When Unreal Tournament only has a single number (like UT2 and now UT3), it's awful. :p

I used to play UT3 Deathmatch and TDM almost every night. The problem though, for me at least, is that UT's gameplay has been roughly the same basic formula for... going on a decade now. And anyone who played UT2004 has already gotten the full effect of UT3 (minus the graphics), so there's not much left to sustain it, unless you just LOVE graphics.

And, as other have mentioned, there are more important games out now that steal the crowds.

Alright...I broke down and bought it after saying I would be passing on this one. I was surprised at how much I actually liked how it played. But yea...the people telling me that there isn't anyone playing were right lol.

I did not buy UT3....(yet, I might not buy it), I'm still playing UT2k4, how ya like that?! I haven't had 2k4 for more than a couple years though, I miss TDM, 1 good server, 1 crap server for me atm for TDM. I'm a pro fragger, need my fix so yes I do some TAM, 1v1 is a lil boring but I do TWL so I can get some competition. I'm gonna get CoD4 soon. Cod2 is quite fun, Kar(98?) rifle rules.

Hey Slyr, I got a server thats set up as 5v5 TDM for 2k4. Hit up 72.5.250.231:7777 - The Fragatory

UTComp, NoSuperweapons, and UDamageReward are all on. Anyone else that wants to stop by feel free to do so. Hope to see ya there :D

The couldn't be bothered to spend the five minuets it would have taken to finish the game, so the only people left are the people who sit on their boards telling everyone how we should think Epic for deigning to make a game in the first place.

UT 2K4 is still the best one IMO. However, I can't help but drool a little bit over the UT3 graphics. Come on price, keep going down! $35 at GoGamer.

Any of the hardcore UT players, I mean the guys in clans and daily players that kept UT 2k3/2k4 going are still either plaing Ut2k4 or moved on to steam apps or cod4. UT now has a fork stuck in it because its done.

And for the record UT99 was the best (y)

I've owned every incarnation of the UT series... and while UT3 had some charm............ it doesn't match up to 99/2k4 or even 2k3 in anyway. My online gaming career (HAHA) grew throughout those games. Now, Halo 3 and COD4 360 are where my frags are... if only because my ping is bad on PC where I live. Oh how I miss low ping. Damn you arctic. But, yeah... they missed the boat on ahem UT3 ahem.

I won't be getting UT3 but is UT2004 worth buying (Steam)? Are there still people playing?

Hey Slyr, I got a server thats set up as 5v5 TDM for 2k4. Hit up 72.5.250.231:7777 - The Fragatory

UTComp, NoSuperweapons, and UDamageReward are all on. Anyone else that wants to stop by feel free to do so. Hope to see ya there :D

Got people playing there :D Stop by if you get a copy

I have noticed a ever so slightly increase in people playing UT3. For the most part I am enjoying the game. But I'll have to agree with a previous replyer that they did completely ruin onslaught.

I bought UT3 yesterday and I actually like it. BTW, there are a ton of players online, just have to look for them. I am disappointed in the lack of game play modes when compared to 2K4. Oh well, I'm enjoying it. It should keep me entertained until GTA4 next week. ;)

Epic got what it deserves.

The graphics are pretty but gameplay wise its closer to a step back than anything for the series. Its a lazy attempt to cash in on the success of the name alone.

Too many developers think they can rehash the same garbage with a new coat of paint and rake in the benefits. CoD 4 does this but the game is fresh enough to garner a nice following. UT3 came out at a bad time without enough new features to get people to pay the ticket price.

TF2, CoD 4, and even UT2K4 are overall better games.

There were tons of threads on this right after it came out. The PS3 version is more populated and the game does translate better to consoles. While there is nothing that sticks out as "wrong" about the game, it didn't do anything to advance what UT2k4 had already done. The market evolved, this game didn't and got left behind because of it.

TF2 FTW!!!! :D I didnt buy it because the demo was soooooo bad. Nuff said! Its $29.99 on steam.

UTIII is a huge disappointment. I am still unable to play it in XP and when I complained on the Epic forums I was banned for being "Associated with a mass spammer.". All emails to their webmaster have gone un noticed.

Epic is just a shitty company.

I bought this mainly because the LAN I go to moved to UT3. I'm not exactly sure why they switched though, and it's hard as hell to find servers to practice in. It's sad when populated servers can't even fill up one page of the browser.

Back