Multi-GPU = 1%?

Quartz-1

Supreme [H]ardness
Fudzilla report here that under 30M cards were sold last year. I remember from another thread that 300K cards per year are sold in SLI and XF configs. That makes multi-GPU setups about 1%.

Interesting find although not too surprising. From personal experience, multi-GPU definitely was more expensive and the gains in gaming weren't double. I also found out I can no longer use windowed, no border mode if I want to use both GPUs.

Interesting find although not too surprising. From personal experience, multi-GPU definitely was more expensive and the gains in gaming weren't double. I also found out I can no longer use windowed, no border mode if I want to use both GPUs.

Partially true. Some games work fine in windowed mode and get equal boost in SLI (The Witcher 3, Rust for example) while others don't/get less (Fallout 4, Black Desert, etc).

I don't know if that fact includes people who buy two cards straight away or buy one and then later buy a second card? That's what I did with mine. I actually think that minority pulls the trigger on both cards from the go, most people buy one and then decide to buy a second one later.

That's a good point. The first crossfire setup I had, I bought the cards separate, but the second one I built, I planned the dual card from the start. The OCD inside me wanted exact matching cards for Crossfire.

Is SLI better with regards to windowed mode support? I wonder if Witcher 3 will do windows mode with AMD cards...

Back