MSI GTX 670 Power Edition Twin Frozr 4!

Pretty freaking sweet card

The 680 version would be tempting if it has voltage adjustment.

Afterburner's Triple Overvoltage allows the GPU, Memory and PLL(Aux) voltages to be adjusted.

Last edited:
What I find irritating is that the cool non-reference designs are always out of stock. Its like they just can't make enough of them.

Wow, very, very nice looking card. Picking a 670 just got a little bit more interesting!

Not much of a stock clock on it with a boost clock of only 1079Mhz. ASUS TOP is 1137Mhz.

I was cursing the fact that I just pulled the trigger on 2 DC2 TOPs until I read this. :D
So far no problems with them like so many seem to have. 1280/1267 boost clocks and I have yet to OC.

I was cursing the fact that I just pulled the trigger on 2 DC2 TOPs until I read this. :D
So far no problems with them like so many seem to have. 1280/1267 boost clocks and I have yet to OC.

You may have gotten lucky then. Too many others didn't share the same fate.

Was hoping MSI was going to announce their TF-equipped 670 soon. Pretty damn awesome. Hope we see a [H] review of this.

It does look good and power adjustments on GPU, RAM, and PPL sounds interesting, but will you be able to do more than 1.175v on the GPU?

Needs more buzzwords.

Military Class III Propeller Blade Technology!? Is this the helicopter they used to get Osama?

Needs more buzzwords.

Military Class III Propeller Blade Technology!? Is this the helicopter they used to get Osama?

Marekting buzzwords are all the rage these days. It must be selling product though to people.

Last edited:
Awesome looking card, if I were buying today this would be at the top of my list... but I am very happy with my Gigabyte Windforce (1176MHz boost out of the box and very very quiet at load, silent idle).

I'm curious how high some of these will make it, but with my 1354mhz 24/7 stable core already... I don't think there's much more to gain for me :eek: . Voltage adjustment = yum!

I'm curious how high some of these will make it, but with my 1354mhz 24/7 stable core already... I don't think there's much more to gain for me :eek: . Voltage adjustment = yum!

Looks like you got lucky with with your GPU. Hard to leave a good card like that.

I'll definitely be selling my GTX 680s when the voltage adjustable models start coming out. I would love to see what a GTX 680 version of these would overclock like. Still this card doesn't seem like anything to scoff at. Looks sexy

I'll definitely be selling my GTX 680s when the voltage adjustable models start coming out. I would love to see what a GTX 680 version of these would overclock like. Still this card doesn't seem like anything to scoff at. Looks sexy

I am almost thinking something similar. Maybe a lightning edition or something :) Just depends on what the stock overclocks are that are "guaranteed".

Hm. Newegg should get my TOP for RMA back this week. If they don't have any in stock, and these end up being in stock, I might request this as a replacement.

^ this hope it has voltage unlocked.

Yeah the voltage change they mentioned has me really curious. I thought Nvidia locked all manufacturers to a max voltage of 1.175. I want to see the 670's true potential. Everyone always talks about if they could unlock the voltage we would be seeing crazy overclocks. Paired with the cooling system of MSI, the 670 would be ridiculously fast and would probably surpass the 7970. Glad I'll be building my rig in a couple of weeks, I'll probably pick one of these up. Whats the main difference between the Twin Frozr and the Lightening?

Yeah the voltage change they mentioned has me really curious. I thought Nvidia locked all manufacturers to a max voltage of 1.175.

Probably locked or limited on reference design because of weak VRM and cooling.
design.

MSI makes great VRM and PCB design on the power edition line. Just not sure how MSI's custom PCB will work out with NVIDIA's power saving and boost software control.

I believe Kingpin got over 1442mhz core speed with 1.212 volts or so via a hardmod on a evga gtx 680 card.

It'll be interesting when cards like this come out. As long as the voltage is stable I'd imagine 1400-1500mhz ballpark on these GPU's will be commonplace even air cooled. I'd be very interested in a pair of GTX 680s that run around that ballpark. Hell a pair of 670s at that range will more than suffice. :D

I believe Kingpin got over 1442mhz core speed with 1.212 volts or so via a hardmod on a evga gtx 680 card.

It'll be interesting when cards like this come out. As long as the voltage is stable I'd imagine 1400-1500mhz ballpark on these GPU's will be commonplace even air cooled. I'd be very interested in a pair of GTX 680s that run around that ballpark. Hell a pair of 670s at that range will more than suffice. :D

I'm thinking on water an occasional boost up to1400-1500 might be common with these cards. If it hits 1400-1500 on air the card will be amazing.

MSI has been very slow about getting these new Power Edition cards to their vendors.

Very interested in this card.

I think 1.5 Ghz on air is unrealistic. 1.4 Ghz is more the outer limit. Benching in Heaven for 15 min is not an indicator of possible speeds. BF3 , Crysis 2 gaming for atleast 2 hrs is more like the ideal stress test.

Anyone know the length in MM or Inches on this card?

Damn I love the new TF4 design looks like they slimmed down on the fan shroud part, cut off some extra compared to my MSI 560Ti 2GB TF, and it sounds like it has a larger headroom for more voltage / OC than the 560Ti (YES!). I hope I have the cash to get this card and enjoy it soon!! MSI is the best IMO unless u know how to get water-cooling running on a GPU then I'd just get MSI reference and mod it. MSI FTW! I really only need this card for BF3, but damn it looks and sounds so awesome :D must get it oooo oooooo haha!!

Here's a nice link of another MSI news of their setup (2 680GTX Lightnings in SLI) for 3D Mark for Windows 8. Video also at the bottom.
http://videocardz.com/33399/msi-and-futuremark-show-new-3dmark-for-windows-8

Back