MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I was reading these thread updates a few minutes ago, I got a call from Dell that my order, already pushed back to Dec. 26th, has been delayed ONCE AGAIN, and would I like to cancel. BTW I was one of the first to jump on the deal on 11/24. I don't believe any of us will ever see an MSI 8800gt from Dell any time soon.

So still Dell hasn't managed to get a single MSI card? How is that even possible when that same card is in stock everywhere else for more?

More information coming in on this, will likely require a full front page writeup.

The hell with it. I canceled my order. Pretty much completed all the games I wanted to play on the PC side and COD4 runs decent on my 7800GTX so I will upgrade in a few months.

Also its not like the price Dell was selling it for is uncommon. Only places like Newegg and a few other spots where you would expect to get a deal are jacking up the prices. I have seen the best prices for the 8800GT's in the lower range of $200 on Frys.com and Bestbuy,

Kyle, you may want to see that I got an 8800GTX for the price of an 8800GT. Here's the image proof:

3fc0a02434.jpg

i wouldnt be surprised if the forth coming write up gets those of you who chose to wait it out a nice upgrade.. but thats just my guess. it may be bad news to :D

As I was reading these thread updates a few minutes ago, I got a call from Dell that my order, already pushed back to Dec. 26th, has been delayed ONCE AGAIN, and would I like to cancel. BTW I was one of the first to jump on the deal on 11/24. I don't believe any of us will ever see an MSI 8800gt from Dell any time soon.
I was presumably one of the first to order the XFX card on the morning of the 24th, but my order was pushed back several times as well - when it went past Christmas, I told them to cancel it. My BFG OC from Best Buy just arrived this afternoon in it's place.

Even more pissed now that I see all these people who ordered the XFX card on the 25th or 26th who have apparently already received theirs, while I was ultimately told by a chat rep. that they would not guarantee a ship date before January 19th or something absurd. More than 2 months between order date & ship date = utterly unacceptable, this shouldn't even be a question.

I think we should all be pissed that Dell upsized someone to a bigger card for the same price and has pretty much given everyone else the green weenie. I canceled my order for two cards over the weekend and after reading that, I am sizzling on-fire pissed off at Dell.

I'd sure like some answers as to how Dell can pooch this any more as the days go by!

I think we should all be pissed that Dell upsized someone to a bigger card for the same price and has pretty much given everyone else the green weenie. I canceled my order for two cards over the weekend and after reading that, I am sizzling on-fire pissed off at Dell.

I'd sure like some answers as to how Dell can pooch this any more as the days go by!

what exactly is this fabled green weenie? :confused:

The 500 GTS from BFG have sold through. So the $100 off deal has expired.

We know that many of you are pissed off with Dell not shipping your GeForce 8800 GT orders that were placed in November, and from the looks of things, it may be a long time before they are shipped if they ship at all.

We reached out to BFGTech for some help on this, but due to the short supply of 8800 GT GPUs, there was not much they could do there, but they did offer an awesome alternative.

Starting immediately, BFG will offer $100 off a BFG 8800 GTS OC 512MB PCIe to the first 500 HardOCP readers who purchased an MSI card at Dell. It doesn’t matter if you cancel your order at Dell or not. Simply go to the BFG Store at www.BFGstore.com, and at checkout enter the code: HARDDEAL (case sensitive) for Product Code: BFGE88512GTSE. The price will be discounted from MSRP $399.99 to $299.99. Once the 500 units are gone, they’re gone and the price will go back to $399.99, so act fast. The offer is only valid at BFGstore.com and until supplies last. Cards ordered today will start shipping this Friday, December 21 2007.

This is not a $208 GT, but it surely is a good deal when many others are paying $300 for their 8800 GT cards in stock. You can find our review here. Many thanks to our friends at BFG for wanting to help our readers out!

Even more pissed now that I see all these people who ordered the XFX card on the 25th or 26th who have apparently already received theirs,

I haven't seen the 26th yet..which I hope I do..cuz that's when I ordered mine :O

Had a few chat with dell, even talked with a supervisor, but no luck getting an upgrade to a GTX for me :( . The supervisor told me that they don't have this kind of upgrade.

Yeah I don't get the celebrity treatment either. When I start to complain and ask about what else can be done I get "we can cancel your order and you can buy it somewhere else". :p

To everyone asking me about details on how I got my GTX order: I refuse to give out the name of the supervisor, because I do not want someone who helped me to lose his job.

Also: wow to BFGtech for doing this. What a great way to make your company look good, BFG. The upgrade I got costed me a LOT more in hassle and trouble. I would have gladly paid the $300 than to go through the utter hell it took to get my upgrade. I spent a week on the phone, getting hung up on everyday, before reaching escalation. I will never, ever buy from Dell ever again.

Mad props to BFG for their deal. I won't be taking advantage b/c $208 was already stretching for me. Hopefully the 8800GT or HD3870 will 1) be available and 2) be cheaper in January. If not, I'll be going with a HD3850.

I'm in on one!! I'm sure I can sell either my EVGA SSC GT 512MB or this card... depending on if this card will fit in my system alongside my sound card.
(and yes I have an order from Dell, too with ZERO hope... how many cards do I have to order until one is finally delivered?!)

This is a neat trick though :) :
# Core Clock: 675MHz (vs. 650MHz standard)
# Shader Clock: 6174MHz (vs. 1625MHz standard)
# Memory Data Rate: 1940MHz

Thank you very much Kyle and BFG!

I'm proud to own a BFG card now. I got my 8800GT just now. Awesome deal on GTSs. If I already didn't own a GT I would be all over that.

Props to BFG on that (and Kyle for looking out for his peeps!), but I want to warn you guys that the deal sites like SD, FW, etc.. will be all over that code and it will most likely get posted there after they read this thread. Those dudes are like sharks.

I know many of you here post on SD or FW, so please do not post this up on other sites for once since this is for Hardforum readers. Yeah, $300 is not $208, but still...

Would like to say a HUGE thank you to Kyle and BFG Tech. I just got in on the $100 discount. I was on the edge between a 8800GT and a GTS and this $100 discount quickly changed my mind. BFG Tech 8800GTS OC just ordered! 2 day shipping and 8800GTS = only $320, what a steal!

awesomeja1.jpg

almost pulled the trigger on the bfg deal, but, considering 220=>300, that's about 30% extra money for about 10% performance increases. so i decided to calm down and keep waiting:D

I'm one of the suckers waiting on Dell to ship the 8800GT. We'll see if the thing ever comes. :mad:

eeeeeeeehhhh...
Can Not Decide.

Performance is so close, but even at a deal BFG is still 100 more out the door all things considered. Grrr!

I just canceled my order from dell and went with the bfg deal. I read on the slickdeals forum that they may get a shipment in on the 20th though. At least I am guaranteed a card this week.

First the free shipping on the RatPadz and now $100 off a GTS? Someone's making a lot of friends these holidays. :D

I'll be putting my XFX GT for sale on eBay once my BFG GTS comes in.

I'm in for the BFG deal, and then went onto Dell chat to cancel my order. "You are number (45) in queue," lol.

In for one of the BFG cards. Fingers, toes and anything else crossed that I can actually get one of the buggers. My current 7950GX2 is screaming to get put into my 2nd rig and my current rig is screaming for some 8xxx series lovin'. :p

Super-mega-mondo props to BFG for stepping up to the plate on this one and to Kyle and Co. for making sure at least some of us get some satisfaction after it's all said and done.

I'll be cracking a cold 6-pack for BFG and Kyle tonight!!

PS, You guys better HURRY, AT Hot Deals and SlickDeals already got posts up about the deal, darn deal poachers lol.

almost pulled the trigger on the bfg deal, but, considering 220=>300, that's about 30% extra money for about 10% performance increases. so i decided to calm down and keep waiting:D

+1 to that, but only because I found out today that I'll be picking up my Infinity G37S on Thursday... so I might stick with my 7900gtx for now, but mad props go to Kyle and BFG! :D

Maybe i missed it but is this BFG a newer GTS or leftovers? I'd do more research but I'm in a rush...

Wow very generous offer from Kyle and BFG.

If I didn't get the Best Buy BFG 880GT deal, I would be all over this.

Thanks Kyle and BFG! I've been looking to replace my ATI card for a long time and this was the perfect excuse. I've just bought myself the best Christmas gift.

Cancelled the Dell MSI order and, as of 30 minutes ago, still was able to get in on the BFG deal (~ $318 with 2 day shipping, thanks Kyle and crew as well as BFG). Downside is I managed to get hold of a MSI GT for the same price and now will have to sell it for less to offset the cost of the GTS (impulse buying will be the death of me, just ask "She Who Is Boss" when she sees the CC bill :( ).

I probably won't notice much real world difference but I like the dual slot cooler better (not as noisy to my sensitive wittle ears as I'm a silent computing kinda' guy)

I'll be putting the MSI up for sale in a couple of days methinks...

I jumped on two of the BFG cards that Kyle linked us to. :D I will receive sometime after Christmas. This should hold me over until the next wave of graphics goodness comes by (March/April I'm thinking)

I didn't think it was going to be that great of a deal, until I saw it was the GTS and not the GT. Anyhow, this is the best [H] Christmas I've seen in years. Thank you Kyle & BFG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back