MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
im waiting to cancel my dell order and order the GTS, but i cant wait all night!

You are number (49) in queue. Estimated wait time is 57 minutes 10 seconds

Im guess everyone is cancelling tonight

edit: got through! can finally stop worrying about this

If I am an extreme hardcore gamer I'd grab 8800GTS on spot! But I'm not.

Beautiful & right deal at wrong time for me. :(

Thanks a bunch, Kyle. Hopped on the BFG deal as I'd rather actually get a video card...

and lo and behold,

Now to cancel my Dell order.

Hmph well I ordered at 5:10PM EST and my order is still "Pending"

I think I'm cursed!

YEAH yeah yeah
hehehe
DELAY ALWAYS... like my flight, delayed, 7 hours then
i got free compliment of Hotels, nice hot bathtub, free breakfast and lunch buffet, free 5 min international calls hehehe....

hope DELL has better compliments :D because of the delay

wow they treated you nice..the airline I mean...

I was once 3 hours early to my gate for a flight out of Minneapolis/St. Paul. I sat at my gate reading for the entire time. There was never anyone else at the gate. I kept watching the clock and watching the clock and watching the clock some more. When it got to be 10 minutes before the flight, I started looking around for someone to announce boarding and whatnot. About that time, someone walks over to the gate counter. They look at me and say "Are you (my name here)"... "Yes I am..." Then they say "We've been trying to get ahold of you over the intercom system. You must have just arrived here. Your plane has left already." haha!! That's no joke! Exact words! "ummm no...I've been sitting here for 3 hours waiting to board. Nobody else has been here. "Oh..I apologize." I'm like "You apologize for lieing to me or you apologize for cancelling my flight and not telling me?" "Sir...there's nothing I can do...your flight is gone." I'm like "it isn't scheduled to leave for another 5 minutes!! "sorry sir..your plane has departed."

It was like talking to a robot that was told what to say even though it was wrong.
What did I get out of it? A free 9 1/2 delay before the next flight on a different airline. They offered it to me "free of charge"...what a great bunch of people...

Canceled my Dell order. I'm furious with dell but what can you do, you know? Oh well. 200 was the sweet spot for me. 318 is pushing it so i just bought a wii instead. I can hold off to play crysis and COD4 on crazy insane settings with the video card market being what it is. Live and learn.

Just about 9:00PM and nothing... Its funny how DHL shipped the item up to Kansas City from Texas and then back down to where I live just north of Tulsa, OK.

@Banger, can you post a pic of the card itself. I'm curious to see if they have the bigger fan on the heatsink. Thanks in advance!

Here's the only pic I took of it while I was installing it yesterday:
IMG_1857.jpg

Hope that helps.
I'll also be transplanting my VF900cu from my old 7600GT to this baby. Though not right now since it's a hassle to get more RAM sinks and thermal tape for all of them.

EDIT: Was playing COD4 for a good 6-8 hours. Man, what heaven. Max settings at 1680x1050.
Oh, and make sure you've all got decent power supplies for all of em. I had a Thermaltake TR2 430W before and stopped by my local CircuitCity to pick up an Antec Earthwatts EA500 (which is manufactured by Seasonic) I heard was on sale (got the last one too :D ).

Man I'm so broke.

FYI: I ordered the 26th and they pushed the shipping date back to today.

I contacted Dell support via Chat and they assured me that there would be no more delays.

I have not recieved a shipping confirmation email as of yet.

No more delays because the next step is automatic cancellation.

For what its worth they seemed pretty confident that it would SHIP today as planned. I know that doesn't really guarentee anything, but its better than a "I dont know" answer.

If it doesn't ship today I will raise hell due to the fact that my non-existant kid's Christmas will be ruined.

Translation: I will be pissed because I have a lot of time off work, my x1800xt is on the frits and i want to play TFII damnit!

According to BBB:

"The BBB processed a total of 12855 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.Of the total of 12855 complaints closed in 36 months, 3366 were closed in the last year."

So in the last 3 years we're talking about 13000. I wonder how many we can throw in a week?:D

Well, add another one to the list. I just filed a complaint online. A fairly painless process. A spike in the number of BBB complaints might get someone's attention.

The 500 GTS from BFG have sold through. So the $100 off deal has expired.

EDIT: Was playing COD4 for a good 6-8 hours. Man, what heaven. Max settings at 1680x1050
Oh, and make sure you've all got decent power supplies for all of em. I had a Thermaltake TR2 430W before and stopped by my local CircuitCity to pick up an Antec Earthwatts EA500 (which is manufactured by Seasonic) I heard was on sale (got the last one too :D )
Man I'm so broke.

I can hardly wait to play COD 4 like that. Right now, I'm using some older drivers that don't properly render everything so I get black enemies and black grass and some other non rendered items that are black. Boxes/debris and whatnot. However, with all those things not getting rendered, I get a steady 125 fps locked with a /com_maxfps 125 about 95 percent of the time at 1024x768. It's playable as long as people aren't hiding in the black grass or standing right in front of a box or garbage dumpster or whatever that isn't rendered for me. I've been killed a few times by someone standing right in front of me that I didn't see :p Then they were like "wtf Ub3rn00b?"

As far as PSU, I'm pushing 2 7900GTOs right now with my GameXStream 600w. I don't think one 8800GT should be much of a problem. However, if I do decide on getting two of them eventually, I'll probably drop in an 850 toughpower or somethin'.

No more delays because the next step is automatic cancellation.

true dat

Some people will get theirs, most will however NOT get them, probably ever.

Even after the Chat guy PROMISED me that it would ship today, I just got the email stating that it will be delayed untill 12/28.

Fin rediculous if you ask me.

Preparing to raise hell. :mad:

While I didn't get an email yet, I just logged into Dell and I see my order was canceled even though I did what it told me to do to prevent it from being canceled (logged into the order status page, and emailed them).

EDIT: Of course... I'm working from home today to hopefully FINALLY get my EVGA SSC (direct from EVGA) and my BFG was shipped, so out of 4 card orders, I should get 2... hope I can sell one to recoup a little bit of money. I sold my 8800GTS 640 for a loss in the hopes of getting a $220 GT... but ended up paying $310 plus the cost of a Zalman VF900!

While I didn't get an email yet, I just logged into Dell and I see my order was canceled even though I did what it told me to do to prevent it from being canceled (logged into the order status page, and emailed them).

EDIT: Of course... I'm working from home today to hopefully FINALLY get my EVGA SSC (direct from EVGA) and my BFG was shipped, so out of 4 card orders, I should get 2... hope I can sell one to recoup a little bit of money. I sold my 8800GTS 640 for a loss in the hopes of getting a $220 GT... but ended up paying $310 plus the cost of a Zalman VF900!

Dell was being tricky, I called them to give them consent for the delay, then later in the day I found that on the website that they didn't mark me down for giving consent, I then had to go to the website to do it again. The Indian that I talked to on the phone probably didn't know wtf I was talking about when I said I give them consent for the delay.

Here's a recap of my experience:

Ordered card w/paypal rebate and was happy even expecting the delay.

Got first shipping delay email which was scheduled for ship of today

Talked to Chat people and they assured me that it would be shipped today.

Got Second shipping delay email

Called Dell and after getting the runaround with rep #1 who assured me that they would "proiritize my order" offered to get me to a "manager" without me even asking. I took him up on that.

I explained the situation to mrs manager lady (who didnt even seem to pay attention to what I was saying at all) and she explained that she was sorry and offered me a $50 credit and a callback in 24-48 hours in which they would be able to let me know if it was shipped yet. This is after rep #1 said that they would know in 4 hours. I explained to her that any manufacturer of the 8800gt would do so long as they shipped it soon (I am assuming that they dont have ANY 8800gt in stock)

Manager lady said that if I was not satisfied with the expedited ship date that i could talk to sales and see if there was another option (card) that would satisfy me. At that point i told her that I was concerned with a $50 paypal rebate that I was expecting and that if I had to reorder I would lose out on that. She assured me that taking care of that wouldnt be an issue at all, but advised me to wait and see if they can expedite the shipping.

Keep in mind I did not even have to "twist anyones arm" for them to offer me this.

So if they actually come through with what was promised, ship it out relatively soon AND give me $50 off the top, I will still be a happy camper.

If they don't I will start twisting arms and will walk away with an 8800ULTRA. Mark my words.:)

My advice if you are going to call them is dont be a prick and document everything including peoples names and times etc.

Luder[PAK9];1031820114 said:
Were you ever able to get an official statement from NVIDIA regarding cutting off MSI's GPU supply?

Still waiting to get to talk to all folks involved.

Any clue how long till we start seeing GTSes for under 300 again? I still don't even know if my new pc has working parts I have been waiting so long on this card.

A lot of times when that happens, they've already paid for the shipping but there is a chance it may still be in their warehouse. However, you might check again after midnight because it may be slow at updating.

Mine says shipped and I have a UPS tracking number, but UPS's site says the number isn't in their system yet.

When shipping with UPS, the tracking number and label is created and the tracking is sent to you via email. At that time, most likely UPS has never touched the package. When they pickup later in the day, they will scan it into their system and you will see verification of such. This is SOP.

lol, it looks like I'm not the only person who's waiting on his 8800GT to arrive from dell...I ordered mine on the 25th, and at the moment my latest revised est. ship date is 12/26....I'm going to go ahead and wait this last time and then I'll be doing what so many others have done and cancel. I should have known better than to order something from Dell being as how I've never had even a half assed decent experience with anything I've ordered from them but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

wow I never been so angry with with any store before. Basically I login to my dell account today only to find out my order had been cancel even thought I called yesterday saying not to cancel my order. They also promised me 50 dollars off yesterday when it got delay again when the msi card ships. So, I went on live chat and ask why my order was canceled and the chat person gave me the story how my credit card was declined. Which I just say why are you lying to me. I used the card before with dell and I also just order something today from another site. Mean while I was calling the customer support and on the phone the guy said that dell will probably never recieved the MSI cards and that is the reason why my order was canceled and my credit card was fine. So basically I was lied to about 3 times by dell. The reason why they cancel my order, The 50 dollar promised that was never going to happen and the continue delay fully knowing they won't have any instock.

I am planning to call my companie's Dell sales rep and also email customer service to see what they have to say. At this point I will probably never order from Dell ever again and I will try convience my company, everyone I know, never to order from Dell ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back