MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered the GTS 512 mb! Thanks Kyle and BFG!!!! Now, all i have to do is cancell the dell order :cool::cool:

Yeah thats actually a fairly decent deal for $300. The new 8800GTS 512 IS faster than the 8800GT as well.

Check this out for comparison. LINK

Guess my comment in the original post was true.... I missed out on the deal too, but got in on the Best Buy deal so no lost. Just sucks for everyone that missed out. At least you get an alterative prize.

I wish Dell would drop DHL as a carrier or let the consumer choose their shipping provider.

DHL sucks for this area and not only did I have to wait almost a month for the 8800GT to ship from Dell, but now I have to wait for the idiots at DHL to deliver the damn thing. :eek:

Its out for delivery and at 6:52PM, I'm still waiting......

Hm, DHL is fast in my area, but then again, that's probably because there's an airport full of DHL planes near where I live.

Anyway, among other things, look what happened to be sitting at my doorstep today...:
IMG_1849.jpg

:D

I was planning to get a 8800GT after the holidays with Christmas cash/GCs, but I couldn't pass this up considering the GTs start at $259 at NewEgg and this will run better, quieter and cooler.

I wonder how many have taken the deal so far?

Wow, really nice thing BFG is doing. I checked what it would have cost me... $310 shipped for the 675MHz GTS. If I didn't have a GT already I would be all over this.

This one is a hard call. But, $100 is $100. And it is about 50% more money for a small performance gain. The thing is that I've been a victim of Dell's price low and delay forever before and I just had a feeling this awful mistreatment of customers was coming again. Fooled me again, shame on me.

As for BFG, it's a great offer. I own 2 BFG cards ti4200 and 6800GT. They've always been rock solid.

I sort of wish that the announcement was the BFG had a supply of 8800GT's at $250. That's a much less steep price jump both in absolute terms and proportionally.

Besides, I ordered the card for a SFF and the single slot cooler on the 8800GT is needed.

I'm holding out a little longer, maybe with all the cancellations they will get to mine hehe :D

Main reason is I sunk a $50 "gift card" from my amex reward account on this so its something like $170 shipped :p

All the reviews I've seen are running Vista 64. I'm still running XP 32 and loving it. The speed difference may be larger or smaller in my case. I'm just happy to be rid of ATI drivers once and for all!

I suspect that the difference in performance between the 8800 GT and the new 8800 GTS will increase as some of the newer games are released in 2008. When the 8800 GTS 320 was first released the difference between it and the 8800 GTS 640 was even smaller. But in newer games the performance gap can be substantial.

Just about 9:00PM and nothing... Its funny how DHL shipped the item up to Kansas City from Texas and then back down to where I live just north of Tulsa, OK.

@Banger, can you post a pic of the card itself. I'm curious to see if they have the bigger fan on the heatsink. Thanks in advance!

awesome, i just jumped on this deal.

does anyone know how much power the 8800gts uses? i have a x1900xtx and i think i nearly maxed out my ps with all the components i have which are 3hd's, q6600, 3x120mm fans, and 1dvd drive.

would be nice if i didn't have to spend extra money for a new ps.

I wonder if enough people went to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and complained about this if it would make a difference...at least a dent...

Thank you, [H] and BFG!
This deal is way better than anything I came across.
I've been playing with eVGA 8800GTS 512 I paid $359 + tax from a local Fry's, while waiting for the BB's BFG 8800GT arrives (it arrived today) and looks like I'll be returning both when this one arrives. :D

p.s. I just hope BFG's 8800GTS will overclock as much as eVGA's. I've been running eVGA's 8800GTS at 771/1944/2106 w/ fan @ 60% rock solid. The highest temperature reading recorded was 70C while playing Crysis.

This is so freaking awesome!

Kyle & Co. you surely have outdone yourselves! This is what it is to do something for your web community. Unlike other "OC" forums where they do nothing but pat each other on their backs and kiss e-booboos. Here it's action baby!

According to BBB:

"The BBB processed a total of 12855 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.Of the total of 12855 complaints closed in 36 months, 3366 were closed in the last year."

So in the last 3 years we're talking about 13000. I wonder how many we can throw in a week?:D

I ordered this on 11/25. They origionally set the ship date for 12/13. Now it's 12/20. I'm waiting for the time to move back even further. I'm wondering if by the time they ship the 9xxx series will be out!

Urgh...I ordered this on the 24th and canceled just last week when I managed to get a BFG online from best buy. But, that was $260 shipped and after taxes...I still haven't even opened it (waiting for more parts for a build)...should I return it and spend $40 for the GTS? Guess I'll stick with it...especially if i get bestbuy to apply a 10% coupon to it...and save the $40 for an upgrade later on.

blanck: "i'd like to cancel the order i have pending"
12/18/20zi07 09:52:14PM Agent (Paritosh Dobhal): "Hello blanck."
12/18/2007 09:52:17PM Agent (Paritosh Dobhal): "blanck, we'll be more then happy to assist you, but unfortunately, due to circumstances which have affected Dell Communications; I am temporarily unable to access your account information."
12/18/2007 09:52:20PM Agent (Paritosh Dobhal): "I regret the inconvenience."
12/18/2007 09:52:20PM Agent (Paritosh Dobhal): "We expect to be able to access your account shortly. Please contact us after 2 hours."
12/18/2007 09:52:35PM blanck: "is there any other way i can cancel?"
12/18/2007 09:52:49PM Agent (Paritosh Dobhal): "I am sorry to say that there is no other way."
12/18/2007 09:53:03PM blanck: "8("
12/18/2007 09:53:08PM Agent (Paritosh Dobhal): "I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you."
12/18/2007 09:53:14PM Agent (Paritosh Dobhal): "Please contact us after 2 hours."

Sadly, this is the worst experience I've ever had with dell =/

blanck: "i'd like to cancel the order i have pending"
12/18/20zi07 09:52:14PM Agent (Paritosh Dobhal): "Hello blanck."
12/18/2007 09:52:17PM Agent (Paritosh Dobhal): "blanck, we'll be more then happy to assist you, but unfortunately, due to circumstances which have affected Dell Communications; I am temporarily unable to access your account information."
12/18/2007 09:52:20PM Agent (Paritosh Dobhal): "I regret the inconvenience."
12/18/2007 09:52:20PM Agent (Paritosh Dobhal): "We expect to be able to access your account shortly. Please contact us after 2 hours."
12/18/2007 09:52:35PM blanck: "is there any other way i can cancel?"
12/18/2007 09:52:49PM Agent (Paritosh Dobhal): "I am sorry to say that there is no other way."
12/18/2007 09:53:03PM blanck: "8("
12/18/2007 09:53:08PM Agent (Paritosh Dobhal): "I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you."
12/18/2007 09:53:14PM Agent (Paritosh Dobhal): "Please contact us after 2 hours."

Sadly, this is the worst experience I've ever had with dell =/
Dude, just wait 2 hours.:confused:

8800GTS deal isn't bad at all if you considering to upgrade the stock GT cooler. The cheapest full upgrade is VF-900 + extra ramsink for MOSFET. That'll run you at least $40 + shipping. So even with the MSI, I'll pay

$220 shipped for MSI + $45 for VF-900 + RAMsink = $265... only $60 more for GTS, which makes it a bit easier to swallow for stock dual slot HSF and little bit of speed bump.

Their statement of two hours isn't true; they're just pushing us off. I tried at 5PM, they told me 1hr. I tried again at 7:30, they told me 1hr. I tried again at 10:30, and they told me 1hr.

They can't even get their own shit togethor, how could we ever expect them to ship something out for us!

So can we conclude the Dell/MSI deal was not hot then? I mean, in a "Phantom console" kind of way?! I'm hoping this BFG card can fit in my system... I'll run it against the EVGA and see how a 675Mhz GTS competes with a 700Mhz GT (the million dollar question!)

Anyway, those of you that ordered from Dell - did you read the latest "delayed" emails? They say that your order will be canceled automatically unless you act. So why waste your time trying to chat with them?

They called me earlier today while I was at work, and I gave consent to keep the order. It wasn't until after I got home that the 8800GTS 512 deal was up. So... I have to cancel manually. I can't be the only one who they called.

Ordered the GTS. Thanks Hard and BFG. It's a bit more than what I wanted to blow on a GPU upgrade, but since the GT stock cooler is a joke and needs aftermarket anyway, this wasn't too bad.

i cancelled mine the other day when i got a mail confirmation from clubit that mine 8800gt shipped. i would have liked the new gts for that price but i can live with the $223 gt i got from clubit. since im on a tighter budget than most here. glad to see a few people got a decent deal as well.

Well thanks Kyle & BFG, order placed for GTS (x2). Will cancel my order with Dell tomorrow. The estimated ship date for my 2 Dell/MSI cards was 1/16/08, just to much time over the holidays to miss enjoying UT3 / COD4.

wow, after thinking about it for a bit, I ordered a GTS for BFG too. If dell ever ships it, I'll sell it on ebay or something. Thanks for the deal!

YEAH yeah yeah
hehehe
DELAY ALWAYS... like my flight, delayed, 7 hours then
i got free compliment of Hotels, nice hot bathtub, free breakfast and lunch buffet, free 5 min international calls hehehe....

hope DELL has better compliments :D because of the delay

im waiting to cancel my dell order and order the GTS, but i cant wait all night!

You are number (49) in queue. Estimated wait time is 57 minutes 10 seconds

Im guess everyone is cancelling tonight

im waiting to cancel my dell order and order the GTS, but i cant wait all night!

You are number (49) in queue. Estimated wait time is 57 minutes 10 seconds

Im guess everyone is cancelling tonight

you should order the GTS first since there is a limited amount, you can cancel with dell anytime as they won't be shipping it for awhile.

Thanks Kyle!

I wasnt planning on buying a video card anytime soon, let alone a 200 dollar video card. And i was even on the fence for it, but now i'm buying a $334 vid card. Couldnt pass it up. Though i do still have my dell order going on as well, we'll see what happens.

Coincidentally, an x1800xt pe and an x1950 pro will soon be gracing the FS/FT with their presences.

also, looked for bfgstore coupons on google, and first thread was
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=692692 ,
now followed by
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?p=2939278#post2939278

SO GET THEM WHILE THEIR AVAILABLE [H] BRETHREN!! (The Barbarians are at the Gate)

you should order the GTS first since there is a limited amount, you can cancel with dell anytime as they won't be shipping it for awhile.
yea, i already ordered the GTS around 6 pm today, im sure im in the first 500.

Thanks Kyle!

I wasnt planning on buying a video card anytime soon, let alone a 200 dollar video card. And i was even on the fence for it, but now i'm buying a $334 vid card. Couldnt pass it up. Though i do still have my dell order going on as well, we'll see what happens.

Coincidentally, an x1800xt pe and an x1950 pro will soon be gracing the FS/FT with their presences.

also, looked for bfgstore coupons on google, and first thread was
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=692692 ,
now followed by
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?p=2939278#post2939278

SO GET THEM WHILE THEIR AVAILABLE [H] BRETHREN!! (The Barbarians are at the Gate)

those jerks ccopied it from us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back