MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, that conversation sounds almost like they're using a bot to do the chatting. they must have buttons to push that have predefined responses or something.

This is the latest with my epic battle with dell. :D I'm just joking about the battle and i might just wait for the 9000 series like many others. My order got pushed back to the 19th. GRRRRAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!! Here is the conversation i had with tech support minus the queep of course. I've seen some pretty humorous conversations with dell reps. Maybe they deserve their own forums. hint hint...

The guy who want's a deal: "I'm excellent. I just had a quick question about my order. I know dell has been having problems getting these cards in and are delaying them for many people. I have not received a delay notice but my projected ship date is still for today the 12th of December with an arrival date of tomorrow.
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "I will surely help you regarding this issue, but before I go ahead, for verification purposes Could you please verify the name on the account ?"
The guy who want's a deal: "Screwed by inflation"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "Could you please provide an alternate number or the cell phone number where we can reach you ?"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "What will be the best time to call you ?"
The guy who want's a deal: "Is that really necessary?"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "it is required for the follow purposes."
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "do you have any gift card over this order?"
The guy who want's a deal: "no..."
Agent (Virat Jaswal): ",As per records I can see that Your order is currently in production, and we expect it to ship on or before 12/12/07. It is an estimated shipping date, however there are chances that it might get shipped earlier"
The guy who want's a deal: "Um, that's not physically possible..."
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "Is there anything else that I may assist you with today?"
The guy who want's a deal: "yes, i don't think my question was answered...I was saying my order has not been marked as being late but many others have been. I was asking if the shipping date is correct, today is the 12th and it is supposed to ship today."
The guy who want's a deal: "If it is supposed to ship the 12th (today) it can't ship earlier than that today if today is the 12th."
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "The guy who want's a deal, Currently one or more items are backordered. Every effort is being made to complete the order.and the we expect it to ship on or before 12/12/07" 1
The guy who want's a deal: "Does that mean the 8800gt I ordered is in stock to send me or not?"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "It is back ordered."
The guy who want's a deal: "So the lot of 8800gt is backordered but my order was placed long enough ago that i may get one shipped today?"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "I suggest you to get the order and then we will compensate for the inconvenience caused.."
The guy who want's a deal: "What are you trying to say?"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "As you are valued customer of Dell we will compensate for the inconvenience caused to you due to delay in order."
The guy who want's a deal: "How will you do that?"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "As of now it is Every effort is being made to complete the order."
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "It is backordered as a result of that it wont be shipped today." Agent (Virat Jaswal): "Is there anything else that I may assist you with today?"
The guy who want's a deal: "It will not be shipped? And you have no idea when it will be?"
The guy who want's a deal: "Seeing as i've been waiting a month can i get a projected arrival date?"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "Every effort is being made to complete the order.and the we expect it to ship on or before 12/19/07."

I think the White House just found their new press secretary...

Tell me about it. I got rid of a lot of the conversation and the thing that killed me the most was every minute being asked "did i answer all your questions?" or "Not to rush you with the chat session. Are we still connected?" I swear i almost setup my own macro to go off every minute. Something like, "Are you serious right now?" or "God, why me?" I'm just playing but you get the idea. :)

lol, that conversation sounds almost like they're using a bot to do the chatting. they must have buttons to push that have predefined responses or something.

I think each 'agent' takes a handful of customers at a time, and has a list of things to copy-paste into the window, especially greetings, confirmations, etc.

Next we can expect if Dell sets up a hot deal on a hot selling equipment!!

Those cards have been in stock at newegg for a while. How is there a shortage?

Well Newegg is selling them for $280ish so thats why they ain't going so fast on there. I have no idea why Dell ain't getting them in stock because they sure haven't shipped a one afaik.

I ordered 2 MSIs from Dell 11/24 9PM (12/17 ETA) but kept my original 11/21 order w/ shopblt.com. Late tonight BLT said "We have processed these items for an estimated ship date of Thursday, December 13, 2007." The charge is now pending on my CC, and the status page says "Your order has shipped and is completed." This better not be BS

BLT is $50 more than Dell (for 2 to CA), still, $120 below screwegg and $30 below the lowest eBay price so far. Good enough for me if I get a tracking number tomorow.

The thing is Dell never had a single one in stock or at least not a single person here got one.

cosign. it wouldnt be such a huge problem if Dell actually had the card and shipped some of them, but it's been 2 1/2 weeks and Dell has yet to receive one card in stock and ship to anyone.

I hope we all have learned a valuable lesson about dell not once(x800xt) not twice (7800 GTX)but a 3rd time!

plenty of other vendors that are getting them in stock and selling out while you all are still waiting and whinning:p

Ugh if this doesn't ship by the 17th I'm canceling and going newegg. It was a nice deal but waiting sucks. I doubt anyone will see any of these for a while.

I am. If it doesn't ship by the 19th, then I'm canceling it.

Though if I actually get in on a good deal on this card before then, I'll cancel as well.

So who here is still holding out hope and has not canceled their orders?

I am, but I'm not whining about it, if it ships, it ships, if it doesn't, it doesn't. I probably will cancel if I don't get it by Christmas and grab an "after Christmas" deal for a little more moooneey. :rolleyes:

I'm more worried about getting my 2008 Infinity G37 Sport before Christmas. :D :D :D

It's in stock online at best buy and in some stores right now. There wasn't anything close to me and $6 shipping is definitely cheaper then gas so I got it delivered for a total of $259.23. Not bad. Time to cancel that Dell order. $40 more, but at least I'll have it next week vs who knows when. Plus it's BFG vs MSI. No contest there.

Good luck to the rest. I wish you all well.

the Stxxxd things is
1. dell rep said : msi stop manufacturing it ? thats damn Fxxx answer :confused:
2. dell rep said : why don't you buy from WALLMART or other places ? .... :confused:

I think we all have been fooled by Dell. As per my conversation on Dell Chat, the item has been completely discontinued and the representatives are being told to advise us to cancel. The revised estimated ship date of 12/19/07 (for me atleast) is completely bogus and I will never see the item I placed an order for.

The highlight of my conversation:

Agent : "This product has been discontinued."
Me : "So I will never see the item ship then?"
Agent : "Yes, if you wish, I can cancel the order and you may place an order for an available product."
Me : "Simply cancel my order please."

You all can continue to wait, but I am almost certain that Dell will never ship any of the orders we placed. :mad:

As far as I am concerned, Dell has dropped big time in my book and I may never, ever purchase from them again. To lead the consumer in believing that they will eventually get the item and not inform them of the true situation to me is dishonest and conniving. Regardless, I am tired of waiting around for another [H]OT deal and simply placed an order with BestBuy for the BFG GeForce 8800 GT OC 512MB. The XFX 8800 GT XXX 256MB was suppose to hold me out until the MSI arrived, but that was never going to happen. The upgrade to 512MB is going to be nice for gaming at 1600 x 1200.

Good luck everyone!

I am among many others who placed the order when it came out on the 24th. My current order was delayed twice already till 1/11/08. For those who still bet shipping date would be the 19th, good luck with that since I already cancelled mine.

Maybe Dell realized that they were selling it for too low of a price and they didn't want to pull a mwave and just blatantly cancel the orders so they are just going to delay as long as everyone cancels.

Maybe Dell realized that they were selling it for too low of a price and they didn't want to pull a mwave and just blatantly cancel the orders so they are just going to delay as long as everyone cancels.
I feel Dell realized a very long time that the price was far too low for such a large amount of orders. At that price point, they would be taking a substantial loss.

What do you do? Tell all of your customers that the estimated ship date has been pushed back. This is completely untrue since the reality of it is that the item will NEVER be shipped out.

I had to inquire whether or not I will ever see the item. Once I started asking questions like that, the representative immediately told me the item is discontinued. It was like pulling teeth for them to be honest with me rather than giving me hope that I will eventually get the item.

In my opinion, what Dell is currently doing is even worse than what mwave.com did with their price error.

Copy Print Exit
10:36:19 AM System You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat
10:36:19 AM System Connected with E&A_CHAT_Richard
10:36:19 AM E&A_CHAT_Richard Thank you for choosing E & A Sales Chat. My name is Richard. In case we get disconnected please contact me at my email address: [email protected]. What can I assist you with today?
10:37:06 AM agent lucky Hi Richard, I'm seeking information about this product on your site: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...x?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=29&sku=A1350995#Overview
10:37:47 AM E&A_CHAT_Richard Ok
10:37:48 AM agent lucky I want to know if I ordered it today I could recieve it by Janurary 31 for my nephews birthday party
10:38:54 AM E&A_CHAT_Richard I honestly couldn't say yes or no. THat item is on such a huge backorder that I couldn't tell you for sure when it would ship. There are a lot of orders backlogged for that item, which is the reason for the huge leadtime.
10:40:43 AM agent lucky I understand, I also ordered that item on November 25th and It was supposed to ship december 10th but I got an email saying it should ship December 19th
10:42:10 AM agent lucky Do you know any information on the supply and demand for that item? How many is Dell getting and how many are backordered?
10:42:59 AM E&A_CHAT_Richard I really couldn't say about the supply, other than that it is minimal. As far as the demand goes, it it HUGE. That type of card (8800GT) went on a nice sale and literally thousands of people ordered it.
10:44:48 AM agent lucky Yes I know it's hard to find it for a decent price anywhere, and up until the past few weeks other etailers were out of stock all across the board. I appreciate Dell selling below the MSRP of $250 , but popular forums have made it a very well known "Hot Deal"
10:45:19 AM E&A_CHAT_Richard I know it - I understand why it's a great card, but it has caused a lot of difficulties for everyone.
10:45:44 AM E&A_CHAT_Richard The best thing you can do is keep your order processing, and maybe look locally to see if you can find it
10:50:42 AM agent lucky Will do. I was wondering, do you know if these cards are manufactured and shipped to Dell in a bulk shipment and then individually boxed and shipped to customers, or does Dell send a list of invoices to the manufacturer and they ship them and send Dell the tracking numbers for their site. I saw a quote someone had with a service agent who said thats how these are being shipped
10:53:29 AM E&A_CHAT_Richard I honestly don't know. They don't tell us that much in sales :)
10:55:10 AM agent lucky lol they don't tell us that much either...I guess all I can do is hurry up and wait
10:55:24 AM E&A_CHAT_Richard :-( It's frustrating I know
10:55:24 AM E&A_CHAT_Richard To be honest
10:55:29 AM E&A_CHAT_Richard I have one on order too
10:56:03 AM agent lucky really? did you get in on it before everyone else knew? :)
10:56:24 AM E&A_CHAT_Richard Unfortunately not - My order was right around the same time as everyone else
10:58:24 AM agent lucky I hope we get them by Christmas, I know alot of these must be christmas presents; mine isn't i'll be playing Crysis and Call of Duty 4 as soon as it arives =)
10:59:44 AM E&A_CHAT_Richard Haha nice - well, I hope you get them soon. Just keep on eye on it and it's got to ship out soon
11:01:35 AM agent lucky Thanks:) I have faith Dell can get enough cards to get things moving
11:02:49 AM E&A_CHAT_Richard I hope so too! Was there anything else I can help with today?
11:02:49 AM agent lucky Well thats all I had to say, Thanks for helping
11:03:04 AM E&A_CHAT_Richard No problem at all
11:03:04 AM E&A_CHAT_Richard Good luck and have a great day
11:03:10 AM agent lucky You too!

I am about to go to BB near me. They have the BFG 8800GT in stock for $237. If I can get the %10 coupon deal I am coming back home with a card and cancelling Dell.

I am about to go to BB near me. They have the BFG 8800GT in stock for $237. If I can get the %10 coupon deal I am coming back home with a card and cancelling Dell.
Do it! If they had them in stock around me I would have done that, but I decided to just order it online. At this point... I just want my card!

It sounds like we have a lot of disappointed folks here

No 8800GT under the tree :(

Dell = Grinch !!

No extra delay email for me so far. Still shows the new 12/17 ship date updated on Tuesday.

i just ask my friend to ship it over later, when it comes.
do not know when,
hopefully not 2008 februari :mad:
keep on delaying delaying delaying becomes annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back