MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find it strange that while cards from popular manufacturers are hard to find, NVIDIA is selling chips to companys like:

"Galaxy",

"Zogis",

and

"Pine"?

I mean, would NVIDIA really say "Sorry eVGA, sorry MSI, Zogis came calling so you'll have to wait?" This leads me to believe that there are more chips out there than we think.

I don't see how they are taking the chips from eVGA, etc. It actually seems like the retailers are trying to import these lesser known brands that are more popular overseas since they don't have enough.
Pine is actually XFX I believe.

They can name it whatever they want, it's still the same identical card. Some people just must have the word 'evga' on it or they think it's junk. I'm not keeping the card for the lifetime of the company. It's probably going to be a year or two and I'll upgrade. With the 8800GT I might not even keep it till the summer since I want to play Crysis at 1680 with everything on max.

Sorry the aforementioned quote above just doesn't show anything rather than more bickering over dell not meeting the ETA shipping date, which we still haven't gotten to.:confused::confused:

I agree. People should at least wait until the ship date before they start bickering. Mine is 12/10/2007 so that's my deadline for cancellation.

My Est. Ship date is also 12/12, out of curiosity I asked a dell chat rep if that was accurate or not and she check and told me the item is back ordered and the new Est. ship date is 01/15 I would imagine this is true for alot if not most of us.

I ordered two and on the Dell site it still shows them in production with an est. ship date of 12/10, but the hold has been taken off of my debit card. :confused:

I ordered the MSI card on 11/25, and it tells me the estimated ship date is 12/10. I used standard free ground shipping.

I decided to chat it up with Dell today. here's my experience (unnecessary parts removed)

1:32:44 PM System You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat
1:32:44 PM System Connected with Anju Khera
1:32:44 PM Anju Khera Thank you for contacting Dell Customer Service Chat. My name is Anju. How may I help you?

1:33:10 PM Chris I would like to attain some information regarding an order i placed last week
1:33:26 PM Chris Do you have my order number on hand?

1:33:54 PM Anju Khera Chris, I have your order number as 938***771. [removed Identification]
1:34:47 PM Anju Khera Thank you for verifying the name on the account. [removed email verification]
1:36:41 PM Anju Khera Chris, I see the order number 938***771 is for GEFORCE 8800GT PCIE 512MB.

1:37:05 PM Chris My order has an estimated ship date of 12/10/07 . I would like to confirm whether this estimated ship date is still accurate.
1:39:05 PM Anju Khera Chris, I see this order has estimated ship date as 12/10/2007.
1:39:09 PM Anju Khera However, The estimated ship date is just a conservative ship date for the order and it is quite possible that the order ships before estimated date.
1:39:14 PM Anju Khera As per my experience, orders usually ship much before the estimated ship date.
1:40:53 PM Anju Khera Chris, I see the item on the order is showing backordered and have lead time of 10 days. However, we are expecting that order may get shipped out anytime.

1:41:10 PM Chris what is a lead time?
1:42:49 PM Anju Khera It is the availability time frame for the item. However, it may be available anytime before that.
1:43:39 PM Anju Khera Chris, As you are valued customer to Dell, i will change the shipping method to next day delivery without any extra charge so that you should get the order as soon as the order leaves Dell.
1:45:50 PM Anju Khera Chris, we will send you the confirmation email once the order ships out of Dell.

1:45:57 PM Chris thank you
1:46:15 PM Anju Khera You are welcome.
1:46:35 PM Chris Do you have any information regarding how many orders for this item have been placed since its offering?
1:47:20 PM Anju Khera Chris, I apologize however, this information is not available.
1:47:29 PM Chris that is okay.
[removed chit chat]
[removed exit stuff]
1:53:55 PM System The session has ended!

I've secured a 8800GT Superclock from a private seller. Dell can drag its feet for the next two weeks for all I care now. I can cancel with peace of mind.

lol, those 'free next day shippings' from Dell Live Chats are starting to make me think they give them to you guys to get you guys off their butts :p
Not that I don't think they'll honor it, but at the ease of how they do it kinda makes me think.

Maybe I should hop on Live Chat tonight and bug em for it too :D

mine shippx0r3ed!!!!!1111!

this was a test of the dell 8800GT shipment notification system. if this were an actual shipment event, today would probably be 12/10, or after. thank you for your participation in this test.

this was a test of the dell 8800GT shipment notification system. if this were an actual shipment event, today would probably be 12/10, or after. thank you for your participation in this test.

You should die in a slow, horrible death...

lol, those 'free next day shippings' from Dell Live Chats are starting to make me think they give them to you guys to get you guys off their butts :p
Not that I don't think they'll honor it, but at the ease of how they do it kinda makes me think.

Maybe I should hop on Live Chat tonight and bug em for it too :D

Nah, they've done it before with other orders and yes, you should try to get it, too.

Well no luck for me on getting next day shipping, the most the representative offered me was his apologies for the delay. The rep. told me that the MSI cards were currently not in stock and would stay this way for at least the next 3-5 days. What a terrible wait this has been/ will continue to be. I think I will drink heavily these next couple weeks.

Greetings all, I don't post often (mostly read/lurk) but I was one of the early birds on the 24th to get in on this deal. My ship date still says 12/10/07 so I decided to chat it up with the Dell online folks as some before me have. The results (while I did get upgrading shipping) were somewhat disappointing ... read on:

2:58:20 PM System
You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat
2:58:20 PM System
Connected with Sophia DSilva
2:58:25 PM Sophia DSilva
Thank you for contacting Dell Customer Service Chat. My name is Sophia. How may I help you?
2:58:30 PM Sophia DSilva
Hi Jeff.
2:58:42 PM JEFF
Hi there
2:59:28 PM JEFF
I would like to get an in stock status report as to the MSI GeForce 8800GT OC video card that I have recently ordered ... do you have them in stock, and will it ship out soon?
2:59:40 PM Sophia DSilva
Let me check the records and I will be glad to assist you with the information.
2:59:45 PM Sophia DSilva
Please verify the complete customer name as it appears on the order details?
2:59:47 PM JEFF
Thanks!
2:59:52 PM JEFF
[removed]
3:00:25 PM Sophia DSilva
Thank you for the verification.
3:00:35 PM Sophia DSilva
Is your current email address [removed]
3:00:39 PM JEFF
yes
3:00:50 PM Sophia DSilva
Thank you so much for the prompt reply.
3:01:20 PM Sophia DSilva
This item is currently on back order and estimated to ship on or before 12/12/2007.
3:01:43 PM JEFF
My estimated ship date is still 12/10/07
3:02:07 PM JEFF
...according to the "order status" page.
3:02:30 PM Sophia DSilva
Yes, but our internal records shows it is changed to 12/12/2007 as this date is given by Vendor.
3:02:56 PM JEFF
I see. What quantity do you expect to receive from the vendor on 12/12/07
3:03:07 PM JEFF
?
3:03:29 PM Sophia DSilva
Jeff, I wish I could check that for you but there is no option for us to check on that.
3:04:07 PM JEFF
Can you tell me how many orders are ahead of mine? I'm trying to determine if I will receive the card before Christmas or not.
3:04:39 PM Sophia DSilva
Jeff, we will not be able to check on that.
3:04:58 PM Sophia DSilva
I apologize about this.
3:05:08 PM Sophia DSilva
Every effort is being made to complete the order.
3:05:46 PM JEFF
Hmmm... is there a possibility that you could upgrade my shipping, at no cost to me, to overnight to enhance the possibility of me receiving it as close to Christmas as possible (granted you get enough in stock)?
3:06:54 PM Sophia DSilva
As your card is already authorized we will not be able to change the shipping method. It can be done only at the point of sale.
3:07:35 PM JEFF
quote: ",at no cost to me" ...
3:07:54 PM Sophia DSilva
Yes, I wish I cold do that but it will not get applied if I change it now.
3:08:09 PM JEFF
Just a second
3:08:14 PM Sophia DSilva
As the shipping information is already sent to the Vendor.
3:09:18 PM JEFF
1:32:44 PM System You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat
1:32:44 PM System Connected with Anju Khera
1:32:44 PM Anju Khera Thank you for contacting Dell Customer Service Chat. My name is Anju. How may I help you?
1:33:10 PM Chris I would like to attain some information regarding an order i placed last week

[Here I proceed to quote the entirety of r00k’s post earlier…]

3:10:37 PM Sophia DSilva
Jeff, I do not want to misinform you.
3:10:58 PM Sophia DSilva
If it changed now it will show up in our records as if it is changed but it will not get applied.
3:11:05 PM JEFF
This is a direct quote from [H]ard OCP website. Dell chat agents have been upgrading shipping for several folks now.
3:11:38 PM Sophia DSilva
Jeff, and we have noticed that it is not going through.
3:12:08 PM Sophia DSilva
If you want I can try but I will not be able to promise you that it will ship next day.
3:12:29 PM JEFF
So you're saying that all the folks who have had their shipping upgraded have had their time wasted and their confidence betrayed?
3:12:58 PM Sophia DSilva
Jeff, most of the case it will not go through.
3:13:18 PM Sophia DSilva
However, I have changed the shipping method to next day for your order. Let see if it works.
3:13:19 PM JEFF
I see. How dissapointing.
3:13:48 PM Sophia DSilva
I apologize about this.
3:14:29 PM JEFF
Well, I appreciate your effort and at least attempting to change the shipping method for me. I suppose I'll just have to wait this out and pray that Dell has not oversold a product they cannot deliver on now.
3:15:33 PM Sophia DSilva
Are you satisfied with the level of services provided during the chat session?
3:15:46 PM JEFF
As limited as they seem to be, yes.
3:16:03 PM Sophia DSilva
Is there anything else I can assist you with?
[exit chit chat removed]

So now I'm left with the choice of holding my breath for this card with some rather disheartening info from a Dell chat rep, or attempting to find one more in stock and likely to get here before Christmas.

My personal theory, though obviously i have no expertise in this area, is that you should just ask them a lot of questions. As one poster put it, let them "get you off their backs".

Or it could just be that they think i'm a good guy, and not you :p j/k. its actually interesting that she said, "it will not get applied if I change it now." Really makes me wonder.

Well as this is my first dell order, i really can't wait to see how it goes.

After chatting with Dell I was told that my order was changed to 12/12/2007 (my status says 12/10/2007). This is starting to smell like a stinker. If I find a card in the next few days for a decent price I may ditch this deal.

I ordered in the afternoon and my order ship date has since said 12/11/2007 and not changed. I just need it to ship before Jan 1, 2008 so that I qualify for the ~$45 dollar paypal rebate. Otherwise I will be an unhappy camper! :mad:

so if it doesn't ship by the end of the paypal rebate I'll have to cancel my order. If they give me any crap I'll let em' have it!

If anyone is interested....
I received a strange phone call today.

An out of area number called my cellphone today which is not out of the ordinary but this time no message was left.

I decided to call it back and it was MSI. :eek::eek::eek:

I have no idea how MSI got my cellphone number but I am assuming it came from my order information off Dell.com. Which was placed 11-24-07 like hundreds of others.

Has anyone else received any phone calls today?
Or have any ideas why they would call?

An out of area number called my cellphone today which is not out of the ordinary but this time no message was left.

I have no idea how MSI got my cellphone number but I am assuming it came from my order information off Dell.com. Which was placed 11-24-07 like hundreds of others.

There giving out free GTX's!!

No really...There probably telling you you won't get your card because it's being delayed..

There giving out free GTX's!!

No really...There probably telling you you won't get your card because it's being delayed..

Or telling him it will be in stock very soon

Somehow I don't see MSI telling possibly angry customers they gotta wait more and pound sand

You sure it wasn't the Marketing Science Institute? :)

I would be really surprised if the shipping was actually upgraded. Some entry level customer service rep probably realized that the shipping method could be changed after an order was entered but that doesn t necessarily mean your shipping has been upgraded at no charge without the order being re-entered. unless someone got a confirmation email with their new order info indicating overnight shipping, I think you are spinning your wheels with these live chat reps. That being said, I worked for the mail order division of a large german toy company and a ship date of 12/10 or 12/12 should be received by xmas.

I would be really surprised if the shipping was actually upgraded. Some entry level customer service rep probably realized that the shipping method could be changed after an order was entered but that doesn t necessarily mean your shipping has been upgraded at no charge without the order being re-entered. ....

So i checked my Order Status page at dell, and sure enough:

Shipping Method: Next Business Day
Est. Ship Date: 12/10/2007
Est. Delivery Date: 12/11/2007
Carrier: Not Shipped
Tracking Number: Not Shipped

So you tell me if the shipping method was upgraded. ;)

Mine says exactly the same thing now.

Its the waiting with baited breath thing that will be the test .. :rolleyes::eek:.

--PB

I ordered two of these on the 24th. Like the rest of you, when my order notification arrived it said it would ship on 12/10. That information is still current when I check the order. It shows a delivery date of 12/13-12/17. Apparently, the ship date, based on information posted here has now slipped to 12/12. And again, there is no way to tell how many Dell will get in time to ship for 12/12.

My problem is that I ordered these two, to use in SLI on a new system I need to build right away. My old one has various things failing and is not worth spending money on. Worst of all, I cannot play the two games I currently am playing, World of Warcraft, and Hellgate London because of the pc issues that I am having.

Even if these ship on 12/12, and, as noted by others here, thats a VERY big IF, that will be too late for me. I am on vacation beginning on the 14th, and need to be able to game while I have the time. I suppose I should cancel my order with Dell, but no idea where I could now find two of these at a fair price, and in stock. Almost no hope of that.

In the end, I may be forced to go with two 3870's, simply because I CAN buy those. :mad:

I ordered two of these on the 24th. Like the rest of you, when my order notification arrived it said it would ship on 12/10. That information is still current when I check the order. It now shows a delivery date of 12/13-12/17. Apparently, the ship date, based on information posted here has now slipped to 12/12, so the delivery date will also move out. And again, there is no way to tell how many Dell will get in time to ship for 12/12.

My problem is that I ordered these two, to use in SLI on a new system I need to build right away. My old one has various things failing and is not worth spending money on. Worst of all, I cannot play the two games I currently am playing, World of Warcraft, and Hellgate London because of the pc issues that I am having.

Even if these ship on 12/12, and, as noted by others here, thats a VERY big IF, that will be too late for me. I am on vacation beginning on the 14th, and need to be able to game while I have the time. I suppose I should cancel my order with Dell, but no idea where I could now find two of these at a fair price, and in stock. Almost no hope of that.

In the end, I may be forced to go with two 3870's, simply because I CAN buy those. :mad:

Man I just broke down and got one from Frys......F' it. I not sure whether or not I am going to cancel this order or not. Might just get it and sale the card and make about 15 dollars if I can get that LOL

Man I just broke down and got one from Frys......F' it. I not sure whether or not I am going to cancel this order or not. Might just get it and sale the card and make about 15 dollars if I can get that LOL

I just ordered one from Fry's too.

You suck big time

Some of the smaller retailers that had stock dates of 12/01/07 (after 2-3 delays) from the distributor still did not get their shipments. Seeing dates pushed back to 12/14, and 01/08. So either Dell sucked up all the stock, or MSI is having problems getting enough of these out.

Dell has pissed me off with some other ongoing order issues so I decided to simply cancel everything and go elsewhere.

Dell has pissed me off with some other ongoing order issues so I decided to simply cancel everything and go elsewhere.

I understand your feelings completely, but where exactly can you go to get 8800GT's without paying $40-50-60-70.00 above LIST? And I refuse to do that, especially as I need two of them.

I understand your feelings completely, but where exactly can you go to get 8800GT's without paying $40-50-60-70.00 above LIST? And I refuse to do that, especially as I need two of them.
I just ordered an eVGA from Fry's for $269.

I just chatted w/ Dell and kicked up a lot of crap. They gave me the same stuff about changing shipping dates not meaning anything. It made sense, because this is done through a vendor and the order has been submitted to the vendor already. The only thing they can do is issue a cancellation order. However, I really whined and complained, and I ended up getting a $20 credit. However, I am likely going to have to wait until at least the 8th of January to get it shipped. Though unlike most of you, I don't care about that.

Just chatted with a dell rep, he said he checked and they actually have the card in stock, not sure if it's true...

edit: chatted with another rep, and he said the card's still out of stock. lol dell csr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back