MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSI appears to be dead now:mad: Had the window open and got up to eat, sat down and got an error when adding to cart. Opening the link brings up the same error.:eek:

A dead link on Dell probably means that they sold 4x's as many as they are expecting to get in by the end of the year. Hopefully I got in early enough (I saw it someplace else before it was up on [H] and jumped on it, so I hope I am in the early group.) If not, canceling an order from Dell is a pain, but not impossible.

If canceling through Dell is hard, then I'll just cancel through my credit card and that's easy. Do they charge your credit card before shipment? I really hate when companies do that.

Those worried about their warranty. This card comes out $80 less then the out of stock EVGA that I wanted. That covers the shipping if I was to send it to MSI a couple times.

A dead link on Dell probably means that they sold 4x's as many as they are expecting to get in by the end of the year. Hopefully I got in early enough (I saw it someplace else before it was up on [H] and jumped on it, so I hope I am in the early group.) If not, canceling an order from Dell is a pain, but not impossible.
I mentioned it above, but most of the parts from the accessories section are fulfilled by a 3rd party (was and may still be TechData).

You can easily cancel an order through the customer service request email form or through chat if you don't want to call. I don't know if the customer service forum was ever relaunched, but you could do it there too before. That's the first time i've ever heard that it's hard to cancel an accessories order. I've never had a problem changing or cancelling an order from Dell.

I ordered one just a few hours ago. Hopefully the cutoff point was when the link went down, and my order still goes through/is delivered.

In my experience, Dell will cancel these orders for you automatically. When they screw up and offer something for much less than you can get elsewhere, they simply drag the orders out for over a month. After one month on backorder, they will send out emails to stating that they need you to confirm you still want to wait on the backordered part. You have 24 hours to respond to the email stating that you still want to be on the waiting list. If they don't hear back from you in 24 hours, they will automatically cancel the order. I have had this happen to me on items that were offered at too good to be true prices before. The offers were posted on the Net just like this one and everyone jumped on them.

i did live chat with dell

she said that it is okay to cancel order while still in production.
no fee on that.

i put record and save all the file and conversation.

I just got off the phone with dell rep..

From the way he worded it, the cards have been sold, and it will be a while for them to process....

:[

that's crazy,
i asked them, should i cancel it now, or just wait?
MY DEAD line is DEC 5TH

then she ( representative online ) said better wait.
usually faster then mentioned.

in that case i wait.
and no news, then should cancel ALL of my order.

In my experience, Dell will cancel these orders for you automatically. When they screw up and offer something for much less than you can get elsewhere, they simply drag the orders out for over a month. After one month on backorder, they will send out emails to stating that they need you to confirm you still want to wait on the backordered part. You have 24 hours to respond to the email stating that you still want to be on the waiting list. If they don't hear back from you in 24 hours, they will automatically cancel the order. I have had this happen to me on items that were offered at too good to be true prices before. The offers were posted on the Net just like this one and everyone jumped on them.

they have to do that, it is the law.

if we can not make the shipdate posted, we have to inform you and get your consent to keep the order or cancel it.

then she ( representative online ) said better wait.
usually faster then mentioned.
That is generally true. 3rd party fulfillment always says 1-2 weeks. But this has been ordered a lot more than the typical item and the 8800GTs are rare. I'll wait a few weeks.

That's the first time i've ever heard that it's hard to cancel an accessories order. I've never had a problem changing or cancelling an order from Dell.

I didn't sat that it was difficult...but getting to talk to a customer service rep to cancel the order is a pain. I've never tried to do so with chat. Its a matter of finding the chunk of time to wait.

I didn't sat that it was difficult...but getting to talk to a customer service rep to cancel the order is a pain. I've never tried to do so with chat. Its a matter of finding the chunk of time to wait.
O'RLY? You implied it was difficult, or at least there is a big range when you compare it to nearly impossible.

DragonMantis said:
If not, canceling an order from Dell is a pain, but not impossible.
It's as easy as sending in customer service request email on the order support page. If I choose to cancel the order for multiple delays, it won't take me more than a minute. I don't think it can get much easier than that. Cancelling via chat doesn't take much longer.

The reason I responded is because you're spreading bad information.

I've had the same thing happen to me about Dell trying to cancel a good deal - as a poster on the previous page did.

I ordered a camcorder from Dell for $50 cheaper than everywhere else. It was posted on slick deals. It took them a month to deliver. About every week they'd call and leave a voicemail stating I should expect a delay and for my convienience they would cancel the order in the next 24 hours due to the delay unless I called back and told them to continue with the shipment.

:rolleyes:

I called each time, and eventually - about a month later the camcorder came.

Seems that Dell is no longer offering it. The link no longer works. Should have bought it while I had the chance.:(

Seems that Dell is no longer offering it. The link no longer works. Should have bought it while I had the chance.:(

Which is why I placed an order first thing this morning, it was too good to pass up. Despite this, there's still that chance I probably will cancel if it takes too long.

*crossing fingers*

Another Dell fiasco :rolleyes:

Shades of the X800 XT-PE.
How? If they don't ship on Sunday it's just like the X800 XT PE that ATI couldn't manufacture in quantity for several months? That makes a lot of sense.

O'RLY? You implied it was difficult, or at least there is a big range when you compare it to nearly impossible.

It's as easy as sending in customer service request email on the order support page. If I choose to cancel the order for multiple delays, it won't take me more than a minute. I don't think it can get much easier than that. Cancelling via chat doesn't take much longer.

Actually I have used Dell's chat system recently and it always works great. Much easier than using the phone as long as you have your order number etc information handy.

Well from the looks of it, its either wait or try and get one of Newegg for near $300 if you find one in stock. I'm in no hurry so I can wait a couple weeks. If its not shipped by about mid Dec I'll cancel it.

I got the MSI and XFX on order. I don't need two, but I know the one I don't cancel will come up oversold and I'll miss both. Or, they both ship simultaneously. :eek:

I think the better warranty of the XFX makes it the preferable one for $28 more.

I just got off the...chat session...with a dell representative trying to cancel my MSI order for the XFX. Oddly enough, the MSI couldn't be cancelled because of

"Order is downloading into fulfillment system and cannot be cancelled at this time."

...whatever that means.

Anyhoo, I asked her to cancel if it was possible to cancel the XFX, and oddly enough...it was :confused:

Prior to cancelling the XFX order I asked which one, if I kept both, would arrive at my doorstep first, and she gave me the purchase number of the MSI...so there's hope yet that it'll come in a week or two. When I asked her to give a ballpark on when it would arrive,

As per the record the estimated ship date of your order is 12/10/07 however, this is the maximum estimated time. The order is for third party item and Dell also need to rely on vendor for the availability of these items. As soon as the item is going to be available in stock, it is going to ship out.

...whatever that means.

Based on that, I highly doubt my MSI will come after college finals are over(could be wrong).

I ordered an MSI. Almost 18,000 hits on this thread so far. Who knows where else it was publicized...

It wouldn't surprise me in the least, given the popularity of the 8800 GT, if they oversold it to get people to open new Dell accounts.

It will be interesting to see how many of us post back with "my 8800 gt has shipped" replies in the next few weeks- I do believe they have stock on hand to ship right away. I've ordered from Dell three times and they always give a late ship date.

Even if they don't ship out and cancel orders, it's a win-win for me cause I know I can get some concession coupons out of Dell :)

fyi guys, i got in on the VisionTek HD3870 from Dell @ $207. i placed my order on 11/20 and got an email from them on 11/23 saying it was shipped and will arrive by the end of the week.

when i ordered it, it also said 1-2wks to ship.

Just pulled the trigger...

Estimated Ship Date: 12/10/2007

XFX GEFORCE 8800GT 512MB DDR3-600M DUAL DVI PCIE

Total Charges: $251.11 (FREE SHIPPING)

Funny thing... Getting the card at MSRP is considered a *HOT DEAL* ... well not hot, but good enough... I really don't think it'll get any better before January... You might find similar deals, but not better.

And as long as it actually ships by the expected date... + 5 days transit (Worst case scenario) its all good...

All I'm missing now is the CPU - MB - MEM - HDD - PSU - DVD - And I got myself a new PC...

By the way, Kyle, did you ever happened stumbled upon a thread regarding [H] System Build Guides ??? ;)

I ordered the MSI 8800gt yesterday(saturday), hope it comes in before the 10th witch i doubt will happen. I also have no patients for anything, Sucks to be me rite now! ;D

Im waiting on my backordered Retail-edge q6700 bundle anyways!

So they should probably arrive around the same timeframe.

I canceled before on a 8800GTS order, and the problem is getting a Dell rep...

Took me 45 minutes on hold to get one person, then two other people at 15 minutes each to transfer again. Last guy cleared it up in 2 minutes, Indian, named Frank.

OK. Bad word choice. But I've never successfully canceled a Dell order without speaking to someone. Of course, the last time that I did need to cancel something it was because of a (pretty rare in my experience) hickup that switched an item in the order. And it took me a couple of long-hold-time calls to get sorted out. So it left me with a pretty unfavorable opinion of the whole process. But it did take me a couple of hours all told to get the order sorted out -- and ultimately to fix a single line of the entry, they made me cancel and reorder the entire order.

So you're right, my reaction comes from something a bit different, editing and in-process order (ie canceling part of an order). Any orders before that which I canceled were long enough ago that the system has probably changed to streamline to process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back