MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
In for the MSI, a bad track record with OC cards only affects the very vocal minority. All 8800gt cards are manufactured by either asus or foxconn so just slap some good 3rd party cooling and all is well.

Glad to see these cards sell closer to list prices. Sort of--it'd be better if they were ready to ship now.

Almost bit on two MSI. But $35 in tax, gah, never mind.

The MSI apparently includes Dirt and one free month of the LOTR MMO, though the latter might be free for a month just by download anyway.

In for the MSI, a bad track record with OC cards only affects the very vocal minority. All 8800gt cards are manufactured by either asus or foxconn so just slap some good 3rd party cooling and all is well.

QFT.

And we have good pull with MSI here in the States. So if our HardForum peeps have any issues, you drop me an email.

Does anyone know what 2 games come with the MSI?

EDIT: nevermind, comes with Dirt and 1 free month of the LOTR MMO

All of them have hefty taxes..

Anyways I got the xfx one!!

Couldn't hold back since im running a 4mb Matrox right now...

BTW. Is Company of Hero's any good?

OMG I want one.,. But i'll try to get an 10% from my job (special link lol)

do you guy think it'll last @ tomorrow morning?

In defense of MSI:

I had a 1900XT that started being unreliable under load. After a half hour or so of rithdribl or any other 3D app, it'd CTD. They accepted the RMA quickly and painlessly. A bit over three weeks later, I received an 8800 GTS 640 as replacement. So, support is slow and not nearly as modern as I'd like (online RMA status check please), but they will do right by you. Word of warning though, I believe you only get a two year warranty from MSI. They'll cover parts for the third year, but not labor.

In for one. $223.80 w/tax. Was going to go dual 3870s because I already have a crossfire board, but guess I'll be happy with one 8800GT with this price. Oh well, saved me from having to buy a new power supply and another video card. Thanks OP.

OMG I want one.,. But i'll try to get an 10% from my job (special link lol)

do you guy think it'll last @ tomorrow morning?

I used to work for a place that used Dell for all PCs and we had our own rep. I spoke to him about purchasing something like this before, and the price he quoted me was slightly below the non-sale price.

Take it as you will, it could have changed in 2 years, or my rep would just not do it. If you want the card, I'd buy it now.

I have a feeling this will not last long. We sold over 100 XFX GTs from our front page deal a couple weeks ago over a night time posting...and only 15 of those were at 249, the rest were way above.

FYI, I merged the two threads on the same topic.

Bought 4 MSI and 1 XFX, saved 300$ overall using the dell credit card. If it ships in 1 week I should make some serios bank on ebay.

Hmm I'm wondering if I should cancel my bestbuy xfx 8800 gt card that is backordered for this xfx. It's just which one will reach to me first. Did anyone actually call to see if they have it in stock?

word, been sporting a Leadtek 7900GTX for a long time now, been holding off on buying an 8800gt in this price range. :D Thanks.

can i do SLI with
MSI 8800GT with XFX 8800GT ?

IF YES
then great cheaper hehehe

done
ordered 2pcs one msi one xfx

damn, so many temptation

already have the 7900gtx 2pcs (pc club pending)
and 8600gts 2pcs ( msi, and 1 pny pc club pending)
used 8800gts 640mb
order 3870 ( dell.com .. in production )
now
another 8800gt 2pcs (just ordered )

confusing huh.... later sell all and just play the PS3 :D

Is the idle/load power less than a x1900xt?

EDIT: MY ETA is 12/13 but I'm in no hurry...

Currently trying to order an MSI... checkout is going very slowly.
Finally going to upgrade this 6800! yay:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back