MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got one too. I'm currently using an MSI x1800XT and have no problems, so I have no fear of MSI based on my experience. Never had to deal with customer support though...but that's a good thing. :)

I am in very deep sorrow with regrets that I blew $224 on MSI 8800GT, but I will cry and grin euphorically big time when it arrives.

Thanks OP!

Count me in for one! Just cancelled my BFG 8800GT from BB that was back-ordered for $249! Love you guys!

Got the confirmation email:

Est. Ship Date
12/10/2007

In for 1, hopefully they aren't sold out and it ships, this is the last part I need for my new machine.

heh i came to hardforum to try to troubleshoot my stupid realtek audio but now i can replace my 2 slot video card with a 1 slot and put the audigy 2 back in there where it belongs!! :)

Took me three tries to order mine. Got screwy credit card errors... Maybe I will end up with three cards hah

These things just keep dropping in price. Might get a second one when they get to like $180 depending what the 9800 can do.

Great deal!

heh i came to hardforum to try to troubleshoot my stupid realtek audio but now i can replace my 2 slot video card with a 1 slot and put the audigy 2 back in there where it belongs!! :)

Man, there's just something poetic about that--awesome!

Just ordered one, I hope it will be a significant improvement over my two 7800 GTXs in SLI...

Seeing as my PSU went to hell this morning, taking a fair bit of my desktop with it - definitely in for one.

Got one as of 8:20pm!

I was planning on buying a digi cam, but this was too good to pass up. I'll sell my 7900GS KO and some other stuff to make up for it LOL.

I hope it ships...do items at Dell's website usually show up as *Out of Stock* as soon as they sell out?

I hope it ships...do items at Dell's website usually show up as *Out of Stock* as soon as they sell out?
This is probably fulfilled through a 3rd party. I'm not sure if it's still TechData, but that's who it used to be. The biggest problem right now is whether the distributor can fulfill these orders.

It's not like these MSI 8800GTs are available everywhere.

Damn... AMAZING deal, about $50 less than I paid for mine 3 weeks ago. Wait, these still sell for $300 on Ebay right? :p

Got one as of 8:20pm!

I was planning on buying a digi cam, but this was too good to pass up. I'll sell my 7900GS KO and some other stuff to make up for it LOL.

This is my problem with the deal, I don't like the way Dell handles their orders, I have ordered in the past with a "Ships in one to two weeks" notice, only to be told it will take three or four instead later.

I've encountered months-long delays on hot items from Dell before. I'd cancel rather than put up with that on this item as I plan to build over my Christmas vacation. But any time in early/mid December will be fine for me...and the deal is hard to pass up.

We'll see. Web rumor has it that supply will open up on the G92's in early December. If that holds, the 2 week ship date should be no problem.

As for a factory overclocked card...I've never had a problem with one before. This looks like a reference design from the few pics that I've seen. At this price, if it gives me problems I'll back off the factory overclock and not feel bad about it.

I've encountered months-long delays on hot items from Dell before. I'd cancel rather than put up with that on this item as I plan to build over my Christmas vacation. But any time in early/mid December will be fine for me...and the deal is hard to pass up.

We'll see. Web rumor has it that supply will open up on the G92's in early December. If that holds, the 2 week ship date should be no problem.

As for a factory overclocked card...I've never had a problem with one before. This looks like a reference design from the few pics that I've seen. At this price, if it gives me problems I'll back off the factory overclock and not feel bad about it.

Part of me just can't help but imagine production problems, creating incredibly inflated values of GT's on EBay, like $400+ for each one.

:eek:

sense it wont ship for 1-2 weeks, will they not charge my debit card till it ships, or will it get charged right away?

Dell charges tax eh? oh well at least the shipping is free.

It says they charge only when the product ships.

They have offices and warehouses in many states, this is why so many people get dinged with sales tax.

If they have a kiosk in a mall in your state they charge tax even though you can't even purchase something at the kiosk. It's ridiculous.

DAYUMM!! Thanks OP. In one fell swoop you convinced me to not buy a 640MB GTS from the FS/FT forums, to sell my X1800XT-PE, to buy this 8800GT, AND

TO JUMP SHIP FROM A LIFETIME OF USING ATI PRODUCTS!

Sub-total $207.99

Shipping & Handling $4.99

Shipping & Handling Discount -$4.99

Tax $13.00

Total Price1 $220.99

All more i can say is w00t!

I used to work for a company that deal with Dell. Dell products are good and may I dare say great but their CS sucks. They are also famous for messing up orders either it be financing stuff or the actual product delivery itself. If you have good human relation skills you might be able to take that into your advantage and get more stuff out of it but most of the time its not the case. Good luck to the people who bought them from Dell. For some people I know it will not be worth it in the long run.

I used to work for a company that deal with Dell. Dell products are good and may I dare say great but their CS sucks. They are also famous for messing up orders either it be financing stuff or the actual product delivery itself. If you have good human relation skills you might be able to take that into your advantage and get more stuff out of it but most of the time its not the case. Good luck to the people who bought them from Dell. For some people I know it will not be worth it in the long run.

:eek: You joined today just to say this?

MSI's crap warranty :
http://www.msicomputer.com/support/sup_genwar.asp

I have highlighted the crappy service/coverage parts..
Besides Seller Warranty provided by your vendor, MSI Computer Corporation also provide Manufacturer Warranty to warrants its products delivered in Northern America for use in Northern America ONLY!

In order to obtain a faster service, MSI encourages customers to obtain service from his/her original vendor. However, should customers have difficulty obtaining service, MSI is always willing to assist all customers to trouble shoot, repair or replace our defective product.

MSI also provides a fast on-line technical support. A quick trouble shooting prior to any return may save a tremendous amount of cost and time. Please access the On-Line Technical Support.

Attention : Warranty period may not reflect warranty extension bought at point of purchase or local resellers. Please contact point of warranty extension purchase for services during extended warranty coverage. This warranty information does not apply to OEM products.

Warranty Effective Date

From the Date of Manufacture

The warranty period starts from the manufacture date. To determine the warranty entitlement for the product, the Customer must carefully verify the first four digits of the Products serial number. The first two-digit number represents the manufacture year and the subsequent two-digit number represents for the manufacture month.
For example:
“ 0312 234562 ” means its manufacture date is December, 2003
“ 0402 234562 ” means its manufacture date is February, 2004

MSI VGA Products are warranted for 3 year limited warranty (Two (2) years Parts & Labor, and the third Year Parts ONLY, shipping and handling fee will be required).

Limited Warranty Coverage

Should a product prove to be defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period, MSI will, at its sole option, repair the product or replace with a same or similar product.

Replacement Product may include new, remanufactured, or refurbished product and parts.

MSI will provide one-way freight free of charge via UPS or Fed-x Ground Service when returning the product to the customer.

3rd Year Warranty Shipping and Handling fees:
For Motherboard: $35.00 per unit
For VGA: $45.00 per unit

Note:
1. In order to expedite service, MSI encourages all users to register their MSI products.
2. Currently MSI does not directly offer any warranty extensions. Please contact your place of purchase for any independent warranty extensions that may be available through the reseller. Any warranty extensions provided by the reseller are independent of MSI.

Limited Warranty Exclusions

1. Products damaged by any catastrophe, accident or from neglect, misuse, fault, improper assembly, improper maintenance, inadequate return packaging, or negligence by the customer or any third party. There will be no warranty for external cause to the Products such as, but not limited to, failure of or faulty electric power, air conditioning, operator error, failure or malfunction of any data communications system. MSI will not repair or replace product that has not been sold or leased to customer or any third party.
2. Service and repair of accessories, apparatus, attachments or any other devices which are not MSI Products or options.
3. Defacing of product or product labeling (label alterations, serial number missing, serial number no longer discernible, serial number invalid). All serial numbers are recorded and tracked for warranty purposes.
4. Unauthorized changes, modifications or alterations in or to the Products not installed by MSI.
5. Damage to or loss of any programs, data, or removable storage media.
6. Installation, relocation or removal of the Products or any accessories, apparatus, attachments or other devices.
7. Normal wears and tears.
8. The furnishing of accessories or supplies.
9. Removal, installation, and set-up service charges.
10. Damage by shipping carrier.
11. Incompatibility issue.
12. MSI is not responsible for damages of any kind including, but not limited to, direct or indirect damages, lost profits, lost saving, or other special incidental, exemplary or consequential damages whether for breach of contract, tort or otherwise, or whether arising out of the use of or inability to use the product, even if MSI or any distributor, dealer, or authorized service provider has been advised or the possibility of such damages, or any claim by any other party.
13. MSI reserves the right to change this policy without advance notice.
Don't know if this has been posted here either but XFX 8800GT for $235
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=29&sku=A1350995

Not the slightest, but others might be.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, just giving a heads up and agreeing with the others about Dell ethic of business. So when later down the line it happens, they won't be in total shock.

btw - going off topic might offend people too :rolleyes:

Just read the warranty on the MSI product, and i decided its not so good :p

how do you cancel your order? I don't see it on the order status page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back