Mouse and Keyboard input lag - Warzone PC

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
For roughly 4 months I have been experiencing some input lag from mouse and keyboard in Warzone. Nothing about my setup has changed since the input lag has started. I get it on both the mouse when firing, and ADS'ing, not when I am looking around only on the mouse clicks and on the keyboard when walking/running, jumping, or pulling shoot.

While in Warzone everything will seem fine but then I will experience the following;

1) While dropping, trying to pull my shoot (spacebar) SOMEWHAT close to the ground my shoot will not pull and I will splat. Other times my shoot will open when pulled at the same height. While falling pressing WASD to move in the air I wont move until a few seconds after pressing

2) Walking and shooting ADS'd I will stop pressing the keys on my mouse and keyboard but the game acts as if I didnt stop pressing the keys and keeps shooting and walking for a few seconds then it will stop.

3) I will go into a gun fight and try to ADS and shoot but nothing happens then a few seconds later the game seems to catch up and everything I did a few seconds ago will then register when I am not pressing anything.

4) Testing #3, I will ADS and then tap fire the gun, some will register then some will not then a few seconds later all the mouse clicks I did will register and shoot.

This happens multiple times per game, making it virtually impossible to play.

I have noticed quite a few others with the same issue but trying their resolutions haven't helped.

My FPS: 110 - 140
Latency: 30 - 70
No packet loss

I have tried the following:

Setting priority in task manager from Normal to High, back to normal, and back to high.
Updated GPU drivers
Updated mouse drivers
Formatted TWICE
Fresh COD install TWICE
Changing video settings in game such as texture, particle, etc. from Medium to Low, back to high, back to low.
On a fresh windows and COD install, I have unplugged everything except 1 monitor and my mouse and keyboard. Literally nothing else installed or plugged in other than Webroot antivirus.
Gsync is disabled

My setup:

Main Monitor: LG 27GN750 Ultragear 27" 240HZ
Second Monitor: Acer Predator 25" 240HZ
Mouse: Logitech Pro X Superlight (tried wireless and wired connections)
Keyboard: Ducky One2 80%
CPU: Intel i7 8700 3.7 not overclocked
GPU: Nvidia 3070 not overclocked
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000Mhz
Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk Z390
GOXLR
Streamdeck
Logitech Camera
APC UPS 1500 865W Battery Backup
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64
Antivirus: Webroot Business

In game settings display:

Game updated - All shaders installed

Display Mode: Fullscreen
Screen Refresh 240HZ
Render Resolution: 100
Dynamic Resolution: Disabled
Aspect Ratio: Automatic
Sync Every Frame: Disabled
Custom Framerate Limit: Unlimited
Display Gamma 2.2
NVIDIA Highlights: Disabled
NVIDIA Reflex Low Latency: Enabled + Boost

Quality:

FOV: 115
Camera Movement: Default
Streaming Quality: Low
Texture Resolution: Normal
Texture Filter Anisotropic: Low
Particle Quality: Low
Bullet Impacts & Sprays: Enabled
Tessellation: Disabled
Dismemberment: Disabled
On Demand Texture Streaming: Disabled
Filmic Strength: 1
Film Grain: 0
NVIDIA DLSS: Disabled
Anti-Aliasing: Off
Depth of Field: Disabled
World Motion Blur: Disabled
Shadow Map Resolution: Low
Cache Spot Shadows: Enabled
Cache Sun Shadows: Enabled
Particle Lightning: Low

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Have you tried another mouse and keyboard? I skimmed and didnt see that, would be step number 1 IMO. Preferably ones that dont have any form of third party software, a simple classic plain $10 keyboard and $5 mouse, see if it still does it.

I would also lookup the ports that Warzone and its anti-cheat are using, and make sure those ports are forwarded in your router.

Is your stream running off the same PC or a second one? If you are gaming and streaming off the same PC, I would try capping your framerate at 90 and see if opening up some GPU resources helps with the issue. And if its OBS, make sure its running as Admin. Even though that is supposed to have been fixed----its kind of still a thing. (if its not running as admin, it may prioritize OBS over your game, for CPU/GPU resources.)

Have you tried another mouse and keyboard? I skimmed and didnt see that, would be step number 1 IMO. Preferably ones that dont have any form of third party software, a simple classic plain $10 keyboard and $5 mouse, see if it still does it.
You know I haven't tried that. Not sure why that skipped my mind. Ill grab some new cheapos we have sitting at work and give them a shot later this week.
I would also lookup the ports that Warzone and its anti-cheat are using, and make sure those ports are forwarded in your router.

Is your stream running off the same PC or a second one? If you are gaming and streaming off the same PC, I would try capping your framerate at 90 and see if opening up some GPU resources helps with the issue. And if its OBS, make sure its running as Admin. Even though that is supposed to have been fixed----its kind of still a thing. (if its not running as admin, it may prioritize OBS over your game, for CPU/GPU resources.)
Ill give the ports a look up and add them in.
Its been a few years since I have streamed. I just have all of the streaming gear left over from when I used to stream WoW when it didnt suck. I use the GoXLR just as the audio interface, the streamdeck for windows shortcuts, and the webcam for video calls. Prior to the issue I had OBS installed but it was never running. The issue happened and I did a fresh install of windows and COD and didnt help.
That sounds like a network issue, not an input issue.
Spectrum has been pretty shotty recently. We are noticing some random unusual buffering at night while streaming netflix/hbo/etc. I may give them a call and tell them we have been experiencing some connection issues and have them come out and check the node. We are in a house built in the 60's and in an area where fiber is not available yet. I think we are the only neighborhood in Orange County that doesnt have it.

I have a Netgear Nighthawk x6 router with a Netgear CM600 modem.
I will admit I know absolute garbage about networking other than where to plug everything in and how to log into the router for basic functions.

I have tested playing out at different times throughout the day. Sometimes around 8am - 10am PST, others in the afternoon, in the evening around 7pm, and later at night around 11pm and still have the issue.

Now that you mention the internet, I am now wondering if I have too much just sitting on the network.

I have 3 ring stick up cams, 1 flood light cam, 1 ring door bell w/ 2 ring expansion speakers for the doorbell, 3 ring motion lights, and the ring bridge. Full DVR camera system attached to the network. These are always connected.

Then I have 2 iPads sitting idle, 3 phones sitting idle, 3 TV's that connect only when turned on, my PC and 2 other PCs obviously only connected when they are on.

At one time there is probably just the Ring devices, DVR system, my gaming PC, 1 TV, 3 phones and 2 ipads sitting idle.

We pay for 200Mbps. Fast.com shows 190down 22up, Speedtest shows 220down 23up

I’ve personally never needed to forward any ports for any game unless I was hosting a private match. If your NAT type is open all the ports needed for playing or hosting are already open and no need to do any forwarding. If it’s moderate or strict this is usually solved by power cycling your router and making sure upnp is enabled Then relaunching the game. if you have any type of “game boost” or gateway antivirus technologies enabled on your router, turn that crap off.

Can you isolate everything? Try other games, swap all the hardware you can, try a different monitor, try a laptop, try ethernet over wifi, etc

So after not finding any solution with changing mouse/keyboard, formatting with fresh install of only windows, COD, and webroot, I went out and purchased an upgraded PC and so far the issue is not happening. I am still running the same modem/router, all the same software as before the only difference is the PC hardware.

Old setup:

CPU: Intel i7 8700 3.7 not overclocked
GPU: Nvidia 3070 not overclocked
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000Mhz
Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk Z390

New setup:
CPU: Intel i9 12900KF @ 3.2
GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 10GB
RAM: 32GB DDR5 5200 Gigabyte Aorus
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z690-P

*shrug*

Back