Most reliable memory brands

GSkill since 2009 without any issue.

Crucial from time to time now, had one or two sticks that gone bad. It used to be my preferred brand. I still get a set from time to time.

YMMV

I'm using G.Skill and Crucial memory these days. But I've had mostly good experiences with Corsair and Kingston too.

In my limited experience --

RAM is the mostly likely component to have a DOA problem. I've had to DOA RMA more sticks of RAM, of various brand names, than any other component (motherboard comes in a not-too distant second place).

Usually, if the stick makes it out past the first 30 days, it's good for nearly ever. I have had RAM go bad years in, but it's almost always paired with the motherboard went bad too, or the PSU fried and took out a bunch of other stuff along with it.

That being said, when I'm looking for RAM - I look for the timings/voltage/speed that I want, I look for lifetime warranty, and then I look for lowest price (and because sometimes it matters, I look at how it will match the build if there's a window in the case). Lately that's usually been GSkill, but I have a good deal of Kingston as well. My current main rig is running Crucial though.

Gskill is the best memory ATM IMO, my ddr3 has been going strong for 5years.

Gskill is the best memory ATM IMO, my ddr3 has been going strong for 5years.

From work experience (hundreds of machines over 2 decades) I find that memory usually works till you retire it. Expect that a few percent will be DOA. Although at work we don't overclock memory.

I've been using Gskill for last 6 or so years. Was having issues last year with one of my sticks and RMA'd it without issues.

These kind of threads... you will get a few dozen answers, all of them swearing or denouncing a brand which they tried perhaps 4-8-16 sticks of over many years.

Absolutely useless. Your sampling size is too small and also just because Kingston sold good or bad DDR3 DIMM sticks reveals nothing about their DDR4 SO-DIMM as an example... Equally, just because company X had great customer service once in 2015 does not predict great customer service even in 2015 much less in say 2018...

I think you need to look at the underlying ICC's of the individual SKU's to determine what is best. There are only 4 companies that make DRAM: Micron, Samsung, Hynix, and Toshiba. Each company has its ups and downs in terms of what is good, reliable memory.

Everyone's experience is different. For the most part you are ok with any major brand.

I think you need to look at the underlying ICC's of the individual SKU's to determine what is best. There are only 4 companies that make DRAM: Micron, Samsung, Hynix, and Toshiba. Each company has its ups and downs in terms of what is good, reliable memory.

Toshiba? Micron bought Toshiba's DRAM operations 15 years ago.

Back