Monster Hunter World (Beta)

Once you hit high rank you can join most of the Event Quests in multiplayer which generally have good rewards. And you can farm Kulve Taroth for weapons when that even is up. You’ll get tons of (random) good weapons without the need to craft them. Kulve Taroth drops are what mostly got m playing other weapons, some are easier than others for sure.

I started playing again on the PC, trying to catch up with Kulve and to some extend Behemoth. Still can't beat it, but getting the parts for the armor slowly.

I do not understand why my character is not leveling up in this game. Just over 300 hours, got as far as the final boss, done every Assignment quest as well as about 3/4 of the Optional quests, but I am Hunter Rank 14. Shouldn't I be higher rank than that?

I do not understand why my character is not leveling up in this game. Just over 300 hours, got as far as the final boss, done every Assignment quest as well as about 3/4 of the Optional quests, but I am Hunter Rank 14. Shouldn't I be higher rank than that?

You have to finish certain story quests to unlock your rank. All of your rank progress is tracked, so you will likely jump from 14 to something higher. I believe it is locked again at 29, and then again at 49. After 50, it's open for good.

Witcher 3 crossover looks pretty sweet. Wonder how long it will take for PC to get it... :(

Witcher 3 crossover looks pretty sweet. Wonder how long it will take for PC to get it... :(

It does look great and apparently one of the side quests gives you a guaranteed Attack Gem. My bet is we'll get it on PC late April.

Just rolled the credits on this bad boy, and after the final boss fight I went from HR 14 to HR 29! It is like the game is starting all over again, lol. Cool, more Monster Hunter the better!

Just rolled the credits on this bad boy, and after the final boss fight I went from HR 14 to HR 29! It is like the game is starting all over again, lol. Cool, more Monster Hunter the better!

Oh yeah, there's way more to do. Just wait until you hit HR 49. ;)

Oh yeah, there's way more to do. Just wait until you hit HR 49. ;)
Just wait till you hit HR 100 and you have to defeat a tempered Kushala, tempered Teostra, and a tempered Nergigante all in one mission. :D

But in all honesty that mission isn't hard. I solo'd it on the first try and since you have to defeat 3 in 1 mission the health for each is reduced. You just have to know their move sets.

Just wait till you hit HR 100 and you have to defeat a tempered Kushala, tempered Teostra, and a tempered Nergigante all in one mission. :D

But in all honesty that mission isn't hard. I solo'd it on the first try and since you have to defeat 3 in 1 mission the health for each is reduced. You just have to know their move sets.

Same here, I didn't find that one all that difficult. Probably depends on what weapon you use, though.

I do not care for the new theme music. The music when you enter Asrera. It is awful! I really liked the Astera music in the first half of the game. Fired me up to want to go out and hunt something. This new score is generic tripe. Terrible! I wish there was an option to get rid of it and bring back the old score. I can't believe the lead music director allowed this to stand.
[Rant over]

Honestly, I didn't notice it changed. At this point, though, I've heard the Astera music so much I wish you could change the track.

I always liked the music in the game. It was a highlight for me. Even though I had a tough time wrapping my head around all the gameplay elements, and learning to adjust to this Monster Hunter combat, I always really enjoyed the music. Caught my attention immediately when I first heard this new score. For some reason I thought it was only temporary, but no... it's branded in there, ugh.

PS4 beta. PS Plus members play June 21-23. All PS4 players hunt on June 28-30.

I'll be firing up my PS4 copy for the beta this weekend. It'll suck going back to 16:9 HD and sub-60 FPS, but I'm a sucker for trying out new content as soon as possible for games I thoroughly enjoy.

I'll be firing up my PS4 copy for the beta this weekend. It'll suck going back to 16:9 HD and sub-60 FPS, but I'm a sucker for trying out new content as soon as possible for games I thoroughly enjoy.

Yeah, I have to admit I'm tempted to try it as well.

So I’ve played through Iceborne and seriously enjoy it. Capcom did an excellent job with the first expansion and they added almost as much content as the original game (outside of zones). Well worth the $40 IMO.

I'm holding out for PC still, but Iceborne looks very awesome indeed. Excited to play it early next year.

It's actually allowed me to play other games, lol...I was pretty much exclusively playing MH:W, up until around the content patches finished up on the base game.

Back