monitor for eyefinity

Teh Beve

n00b
Joined
Aug 14, 2011
Messages
7
I'm trying to find a good monitor x3 for an eyefinity set up.

Looking for:
25" lcd/led flat screen
widescreen
120Hz refresh rate
display port, hdmi, dvi-d
2-3ms response time
1,000,000:1 or better contrast ratio
1920x1080 or better max reso
built in tv tuner
and all for around $250-$400 or so

If anybody could point me in the direction of something like this, tv tuner can be optional but preferred, everything else is a must i would greatly appreciate it. :)
 
Only a few issues:

There are no 25" 120Hz panels :(
1,000,000:1 contrast is dynamic contrast. Means close to nothing in reality.
you're not likely to find a built in TV tuner on anything but a TV anymore (also, it may be a lither cheaper to have a TV tuner card in your computer, instead of all three monitors).

So for ~700usd, there is a 27" 120Hz Acer. Near 300-400usd, several 23" models from different manufs. All at 1920x1080, and all have DVI (and I think all have HDMI), none have displayport.

There may be a few newer monitors I'm missing, but none are 25" either... :(
 
well that sucks. it has to have a display port from what i read. Horizontal Refresh Rate 24 - 92 kHz
Vertical Refresh Rate 50 - 85 Hz can anybody explain this to me, usually it's just a refresh rate lol
 
Last edited:
why displayport? I don't recall any 120Hz monitors being equiped with displayport, though someone with more knowledge on this may know of upcomming or existing 120Hz panels with DP.

Unless if you are thinking about the display tearing? Or the need for an active adaptor?
 
Maybe 3 U2412M models? Displayport, DVI, 24" 1920x1200, 60Hz, but is also an IPS panel.

At 400usd.

As for the AMD site, one of the video card outputs used for a triple monitor setup does have to be a DP, however, you may use an adaptor for the last one. There are reports that it's better to use three of the same ports, however, due to image tearing while using differnt types of ports.
 
I haven't seen any video cards that have 3 display port outs though, only thing with 3 of the same ports were hdmi
 
I haven't seen any video cards that have 3 display port outs though, only thing with 3 of the same ports were hdmi

some cards, like one of ASUS' DCuII HD69xx cards, or the reference HD6990 have at least three.
 
Unless you get a specific card that can handle it, you can run no more than two monitors from the DVI port and the third off of DisplayPort.

So this means only one monitor needs the DisplayPort (unless you get an active DP-DVI adapter). Although if you want all the monitors to be the same make/model, in practice it means they all will have DisplayPort.

Two questions:

1 Why a TV Tuner?
2 Why 120 Hz?
 
The tv tuner is because according to the amd site you have to have one for eyefinity to work. The 120 Hz is simply for a better gaming experience than the standard 60Hz monitors. And yeah i know i would only need 1 monitor with a display port, but i think 3 monitors exactly alike and 2 with dvi and 1 dp or 2dp and 1 dvi would be my best bet at having all 3 look as close to the same as possible. The current set up i'm lookin to do is a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121417 with 3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ProductSimilar-_-24-236-103_1_AG-_-24-236-101 connected. Any feedback on if this would be a decent set up or trashy or whatever would be greatly appreciated.
 
View TV sports, movies, or video entertainment on one monitor while viewing online stats, Internet pages, or games on other displays. 3

3 TV Tuner required, sold separately


It's for viewing TV, not required for EyeFinity.
 
Didn't even realize that's what the numbers were for lol, I just thought it was some fine print crap.
So, any comments on the vid card, monitor setup I linked, good bad will work for poor people? Lol
 
Looks like a decent monitor for EyeFinity if your budget is right around $300 per screen... though I'm pretty much looking to build something similar and I'm about to pull the trigger on 3x Dell U2412M monitors right now.

The main reasons for my choice are:

1. I think 3x 24" monitors is already going to take up a LOT of desk space and 3x 27" is going to be too much.

2. The Dell is IPS so better image quality in comparison.

3. The Dell is 1920x1200 instead of 1920x1080... nicer for PC gaming IMHO.

4. The Asus can only tilt, the Dell has every stand adjustment imagineable.

I've never gamed in EyeFinity before, but I've read enough to know that I want to at least have the option of switching between portrait and landscape on the fly depending on what type of game I'm playing.

If you're interested check out this thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1615513

There are people posting in there that they've gotten it through someone's Dell Small Business contact for ~$340 shipped. Just ask and you can probably get the info too.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top