Monarch Computers (Never again)

Kathy

Limp Gawd
I will never do business with them again! This was my fault for not reading the fine print but I still think they have a lot to learn about customer service. I ordered 2 sticks of Kingston value ram (DDR2 3200) thinking it was the 184pin but it was the 240pin. I called them right when I open the box and was told they don't take returns on memory. So now I'm stuck with $208.67 worth of ram I can't even use. Back to NewEggg for me. Anyone want a good deal on some new ram? I'll sell it for $150.00 to the first taker while I'm still mad. After that, well I don't know yet. lol

Kathy

Send it back and then dispute it with your credit card company. You will get all your money back as long as you can prove that you sent it back and they received it - sned it fedex with a tracking #.

Just becuase they say they don't take returns doesn't mean that is the law.

danman said:
Send it back and then dispute it with your credit card company. You will get all your money back as long as you can prove that you sent it back and they received it - sned it fedex with a tracking #.

Just becuase they say they don't take returns doesn't mean that is the law.

That's a good idea but without an RMA number on the box they may not accept it. I hate this kind of stuff, why can't these places treat people fair? :( Thanks!

Kathy

Kathy said:
That's a good idea but without an RMA number on the box they may not accept it. I hate this kind of stuff, why can't these places treat people fair? :( Thanks!

Kathy

Call them up and ask for Sterling.

Kathy said:
Ok, I'll call him first thing tomorrow, and thanks! :)

Kathy

No problem and good luck. If you ever have a problem with Monarch he is your best bet for getting something done about it.

I appreciate the info! For two hundred bucks I'll try anything. :)

Kathy

Thanks! And I don't blame you, I did to untill today but it's hard to eat 200 bucks and still feel the same way. :)

Kathy

Yeah, I've bought stuff from Monarch in the past and what they don't have I'll get from Newegg. I liked saving the sales tax since I'm in CA, but I've finally gone all Newegg. I may have to pay sales tax, but they're a lot faster, I've had things ordered in the afternoon and then get a fedex tracking my email later in the evening. Monarch would have to have a lot better price and I'd have to not be in a hurry to order from them again. Monarch isn't bad, in my experience, I just don't like waiting when I'm buying new toys.

Its your fault, even though you dont want to hear that. Its not "fine print", they warn you of these things before ordering. Lots of places dont take certain things back, even newegg. Live and learn.

fallguy said:
Its your fault, even though you dont want to hear that. Its not "fine print", they warn you of these things before ordering. Lots of places dont take certain things back, even newegg. Live and learn.

I said it was my fault already so you don't have to come on like a hard a**. And just because lots of places do the same thing doesn't make it right. There is such a thing as just doing whats right and take care of the people that take care of you and keep you in business. I feel it's bad practice and I don't think it's right, and now that I know I won't do business with them again.

Kathy

fallguy said:
This is what I was going to say. It clearly says DDR2 which is not DDR1...

But I do understand where you are comming from, you should have just been able to say, hey, I bought the wrong ram, send it back + restocking fee and be on your merry way. Sucks monarch dont do that

USMC2Hard4U said:
This is what I was going to say. It clearly says DDR2 which is not DDR1...

But I do understand where you are comming from, you should have just been able to say, hey, I bought the wrong ram, send it back + restocking fee and be on your merry way. Sucks monarch dont do that

It sure would be nice if they all did that but...they have these policies because of jerks that abuse them. I am not refering to the OP here, but the clowns that buy crap knowing that they are gonna return it after they had their fun with it or because they broke it... In the end, its the honest consumer that suffers the consequences either thru higher prices or from policies designed to limit abuses.

Good luck on your return.

Well thanks everyone for your input and sharing your thoughts on this, I appreciate it, even from the ones I don't agree with. :)

What ever happens I'll live with it and learn from it. It's not the end of the world, but it scares me that people agree with this sort of practice from a company. Before long it won't matter what you buy, if it turns out you don't like it or it doesn't work, oh well, nothing you can do about it because people accept this sort of practice now.

And I don't think Monarch even thought for a second I was trying to rip them off. Like I said, I open the box and seen it was the wrong memory and got on the phone and called them. Regardless of company policies or rules, sometimes common sense needs to come into play and a company should do the right thing. And I don't mean just for me, for anyone that this happen to. If it's worth 200 dollars to Monarch not to have me as a customer then so be it, I can't be loyal to a company that treats me like that.

Oh well, lets not beat a dead horse. Thanks again everyone!

Kathy

why can't you replace it with ram that works with your system? they will most likely agree to that !!!

e-gay it? or find a friend, or local mom and pop shop might buy it, or sell it on here? make some money at least

and yeah you should be carefull with the item description, tho you said fine print, i dont think seeing DDR2 is such fine print :p

but hey my vision sucks sometimes too ;)

soulsaver_8229

latief75 said:
why can't you replace it with ram that works with your system? they will most likely agree to that !!!

That's the problem, they don't take returns on memory for ANY reason, not even exchange.

soulsaver_8229, I'm new to this stuff and I thought DDR2 was the number of pieces in the box (2 sticks) stupid I know. The fine print was the fact that I missed the part about no returns!

Kathy

typicaly most companies wont take back ram, most ram has lifetime mfaucter warntee..........and you could have just posted in the mem forum asking what ram would be best for your system........Kingston value sucks anyway, other value rams are better

in ending.......if your willing to make a post about your mistake, why didnt you make a post about what ram would be best for your system? ;)

soulsaver_8229

soulsaver_8229 said:
typicaly most companies wont take back ram, most ram has lifetime mfaucter warntee..........and you could have just posted in the mem forum asking what ram would be best for your system........Kingston value sucks anyway, other value rams are better

in ending.......if your willing to make a post about your mistake, why didnt you make a post about what ram would be best for your system? ;)

soulsaver_8229

Just because you don't like Kingston ram doesn't mean it sucks. And I did ask about types of memory in the AMD motherboard forum and Kingston ram was one of three rams that was suggested to me. Too bad you didn't jump in there and let me know your opinion when I needed it. :)

I also bought some Rosewill ram from Newegg that was suggested to me and it didn't work with my motherboard, or at least I thought it was the ram but now I'm not sure because the OCZ ram I just bought doesn't work either. I'm starting to think it's my MB. But guess what? NewEgg replaced my ram no questions asked, so there are companies that stand behind there customers and do the right thing.

I'm not sure why you feel it's wrong to post about a mistake I made and already stated it was my fault. If your just trying to make me feel bad don't bother, I already feel bad but I'll get over it. I thought I'd post about what happen so that others would know if you buy ram from Monarch computers and it turns out it doesn't work on your computer you can't get a refund. It doesn't matter if you made a mistake on the type of ram, could be you just didn't like it, they won't take it back for any reason.

Maybe you never make a mistake before? But if you do I hope other people don't try to make you feel bad. I won't ever post again about a company that doesn't do right by me, because I feel some of you just wanted to make me feel like an idiot and didn't appreciate the fact that I was trying to warn others before they made the same mistake I did.

Kathy

Kathy said:
Just because you don't like Kingston ram doesn't mean it sucks. And I did ask about types of memory in the AMD motherboard forum and Kingston ram was one of three rams that was suggested to me. Too bad you didn't jump in there and let me know your opinion when I needed it. :)

I also bought some Rosewill ram from Newegg that was suggested to me and it didn't work with my motherboard, or at least I thought it was the ram but now I'm not sure because the OCZ ram I just bought doesn't work either. I'm starting to think it's my MB. But guess what? NewEgg replaced my ram no questions asked, so there are companies that stand behind there customers and do the right thing.

I'm not sure why you feel it's wrong to post about a mistake I made and already stated it was my fault. If your just trying to make me feel bad don't bother, I already feel bad but I'll get over it. I thought I'd post about what happen so that others would know if you buy ram from Monarch computers and it turns out it doesn't work on your computer you can't get a refund. It doesn't matter if you made a mistake on the type of ram, could be you just didn't like it, they won't take it back for any reason.

Maybe you never make a mistake before? But if you do I hope other people don't try to make you feel bad. I won't ever post again about a company that doesn't do right by me, because I feel some of you just wanted to make me feel like an idiot and didn't appreciate the fact that I was trying to warn others before they made the same mistake I did.

Kathy

Kathy I am glad you posted about Monarch. These other chums if they were in your shoes would not be so hard on themselves as they are on you. Screw em!

New Egg is really good with customer service, it's one of the reasons I mainly use them. Price may not be the cheapest but service and shipping count for a lot in my book.

How did the call to Sterling work out?

Thanks plywood99!

When I called he wasn't in so I'll try again on Monday. Just have to wait and see I guess. Thanks for your support, I appreciate it! :)

Kathy

kathy

you can try and call kingston and tell them about your story and ask for ram replacement, they may do it, you never know.

i recently bought my first and probably last purchasde from monarch and wasnt happy, took them 5 days to ship a hd and 7 days to ship the graphic card, while newegg placed order on thursday at 1pm (2 day fedex) and received it friday 1pm, damn, they are blazing fast and the information newegg provide about your order and shipment and generaly about every item is just excellent.

the only reason i ordered from monarch was not to pay tax in CA.

O.T. how is zipzoomfly compared to newegg and monarch?

Zipzoomfly is great! I've ordered a few motherboards from them in the past and they were easy to deal with. There shipping was also nice since it was Free 2day shipping, I think they do that on almost all there items now. I had to pay tax though because there based in California like me. :rolleyes: :D

I've bought from Monarch before because it was cheap and I didn't have to pay tax :cool: and they were great until...

They screwed up my order. So I called them up and told them they shipped me the wrong item and was given a crapy sorry. It got worse when I had to pay return shipping to get the item back to them, that really pissed me off as it wasen't even my fault! :mad:

I'm still not sure if I should buy from them after that screw up. To be frank I'd rather just stick to newegg and pay the tax. The risk and hassle isn't worth it unless the item is super cheap and I'm on a budget or something.

Well, tried Monarch once and thank god I had the time to cancel my order and went to newegg. Shesh, I ordered about $1K worth of stuffs, paid for 2nd day delivery. I was told everything was in stock. Everything went smoothly until the "warehouse" bit. Yep, took Monarch literally hours to charge the money from my account. Days, later, I had to call them since I have not received any updates, only to be told, "um, your stuffs are not in stock, we should get it tomorrow but we are not sure and so we don't know when it is going to be shipped out". Called again later, got another person, reply was "um, we don't know when it is coming in". I guess I got downgraded from a shipping tomorrow to not sure when. I asked about the previous conversation about it being shipped out the next day, I was told that they are not sure now when it is coming out. Asked, why was it that when i called and asked for the inventory before purchasing, I was told that if I ordered right away, the items would be shipped immediately after processing as it was in inventory. The reply was, DON'T know. That was when I was placed on hold so the rep can ask someone. Few minutes later, nothing, and the phone went to an answering machine. Finally, called back, no one home. Had to call 2 more times to get someone to cancel the order. They said, well you have to send us an email. I made sure I got the rep's name and told him to put the order on hold while the cancellation goes through. Sent them an email to cancel with a "promise" to reject any packages from them and that I would contact my bank if a package somehow shows up a while later and I have not been refunded. Finally got an email back telling me the order was cancelled. However, the rep told me that my money would not be back into my account into at least a week later. (I wonder how much Monarch gets from interest from say a 1000 order like these....even a 100, that is interest of a week on $100,000..nice change).

I tried Monarch once, will never do again. Newegg has at least the same pricing and they have always treated me nicely. I ordered the same thing after the Monarch cancellation, within hours I already got my package processed, packaged, and shipped, and was sent a tracking number.

From my first and only time dealing with Monarch, I have to say, I WILL NEVER GO BACK. It is impossible to talk to someone there, get a straight honest answer, and prompt replies.

GoldenTiger said:
Kathy, how did things turn out for you?

Yes I am interested how you made out also..

I have bought a few things from Monarch without incident but after reading this I will stick to Newegg from now on, sounds to me like the dollar or two one might save could become a big hassle in the end.

Trucker61 said:
Yes I am interested how you made out also..

I have bought a few things from Monarch without incident but after reading this I will stick to Newegg from now on, sounds to me like the dollar or two one might save could become a big hassle in the end.

oh come on.. this whole problem would have never even occured if she took the time to read what she was buying..

the return policy is understandable considering that they are trying to protect themselves from losing money.

I will say this about monarch... they lag big time getting things shipped out... wow! do not plan on getting anything quickly.. I thought by getting two day shipping I would see my memory in a few days... try a week! but they did upgrade me to overnight for free... because I emailed them asking what the hell was going on... anyways... seems like they have some miss managed resources.... or something...

nutop said:
oh come on.. this whole problem would have never even occured if she took the time to read what she was buying..

the return policy is understandable considering that they are trying to protect themselves from losing money.

Granted she made a mistake, we are only human and are bound to do it on occasion, but the reason I have decided not do business with them is because of the fact they do not keep accurate online inventory and unreachable customer reps. This thread is not the first time I have read about the billing of credit cards upon order placement only for the customer to find out they were out of stock and then run into roadblocks to get their money back.

nutop said:

kathy just opened the can and we jumped in

problems we had with monarch has nothing to do with kathys problem, regardless who opened such a subject, some people including myself wasnt satisfied at all with their order processing time and accurate inventory status + their order status page and information sucks. 5 days for one hard driver order processing time???????? thats funny.

their prices are ok specially for someone not paying tax, but the 100 bucks i am gonna save out of my order gonna spend it and probably more to help myself be patient and not to worry.

I have had multiple problems with Monarch. I bought a XP3000+ 400FSB, they send me a 333FSB. Once I figured it out I called and they were like oh yeah we did. So I asked them to ship me a new processor and I would RMA back this one, no dice, we have to charge you for the second processor before we will ship it out. Ok I guess thats fair no one wants to get ripped off. Takes them days to ship out my new one, finally gets here, cache is screwed on it. End up sending both back and finally getting a right working one on the 3rd try. Worst part was, when they sent me the wrong processor, they wanted ME to pay for all the shipping back to them. How is me buying something and them sending the wrong product my fault and I should be charged for it? I argued that and they gave in after I talked to someone above them. Overall, it would not of been a big deal, but their departments had no clue what was going on, you would call 3x and get 3 different responses.

my buddy says the only thing you should order from them are cpu's. imo the tax freeness of it isnt worth it as opposed to new egg shipping my items next day with regular shipping and arriving in 2 since they are an hour away.

plywood99, I had to leave a message on his voice mail and I'm waiting for him to call me back. But now I have another problem. I sent them an email to there tech support on Monday because of the problems I'm having with my Asus A8N MB that I bought from them too. Well I got one reply from them so far and that took two days, and now it's been almost another two days and I've not heard from them again. This is crazy, at this rate it will take 6 months just get an RMA which is what I ask for originally, I don't mind if they can fix it, that would be great, but I think I should be able to talk to a tech on the phone and not have to wait for days just for them to ask a few questions and keep going back and forth.

nutop, for you to say "oh come on.. this whole problem would have never even occured if she took the time to read what she was buying." Is just dumb, that's what customer service is all about, to take care of things to keep there customers happy so they keep doing business with them. I've been buying from Monarch computers for two years now and my Dad did business with them before I did. So I've done my part and spent a lot of money with them when I could have went some place else. But now it's time for them to show me the same respect and take care of me. And I don't care if it's my fault or not, it was a simple mistake and very easy to take care of. All they would have to do is look at my past record with them and see I've never tried to get something for nothing. But even a first time customer shouldn't have to keep an item they ordered my mistake. You need to come down off that high horse because it just might happen to you one day.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I appreciate it!

Kathy

Kathy,

I definitely feel for you, and I think its pretty shitty of Monarch not to let you exchange it for the right memory. I hope things get sorted out for you.

Trucker61, PM received and replied to.

Thanks Zorn, me too! :)

Kathy

Back