Monarch Computer Bites the Dust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ifuonlyknew said:
Just saying that while there is A LOT of bad that is truth, we could do without the people making stuff up to get attention. i.e. the guy who threw a bunch of stuff in a case and said it came from Monarch that way, these people who are saying they were forcibly removed, and the tax guy shut em down.

Monarch did a whole lot they should not have you will not find anyone with any sense arguing that point. I am just concerned that the exaggerations and lies will only dilute the waters and the real things they did will be lost. Some may come to believe that some of the more outrageous things that DID happen were also made up. And/or someone friendly to them will roll some of the real things that happened into the ball of lies and say that it was made up. I find it funny that I am being seen as a fan boy for them, which is not the case here folks, I am just issuing a plea for us to stay to truths.

You don't get it. It doesn't ~matter~ what "real things" they did. they're currently screwing over customers and have been for a while. In corporate america, one streak of evils destroys all goods you may have done. No one is going to start expecting that things have been made up, the company is going down the toilet; they're poofed as it is.

There's no one friendly to them. Not a single person.

ifuonlyknew said:
so you want the brooklyn? Golden gate? Delaware water gap?

;) :D

I prefer long suspension bridges...I'll take the mackinac bridge

monarch-1.jpg

ifuonlyknew said:
Good choice... Nice Photo shop. ( KIDDING )

Thanks for the pics whoever took it.

Guess that means you didn't have the bridges huh?

Wow...I've been "semi" keeping tabs on this for a while...I Feel bad for customers who have been left hanging...But also think of Monarch and their staff...How sad for everyone involved...

You see..I remember them in allot different light than some of you may...I live about an hour away...I was a Retail Store Customer of theirs...I've built/upgraded several Rigs in the past couple of years...Most of my shopping has been with them...I placed my first order in Feb 2004...My last purchase was a 4800x2 processor in July of this year...During that time I spent allot of money there...I havn't added it all up...But I'd say easily 8k....Probably more like 10k...

Basides Atlanta traffic...I alway's enjoyed my trips to their store...It was pretty kewl to have your own local "newegg" type place within driving distance...There was always some level of excitement involved with going to get my latest processor, videocard, motherboard or whatever...This is my Hobby...So my trips to Monarch were alway's more like trips to the Toy Store...It was Fun...I always had good luck with all those I came in contact with...

I probably did notice something a little "different" during 2006...Although I personally never had any trouble...I suppose I may have had a "Gut Feeling"...They quit carrying some of my preffered Brand Names...They started asking if I wanted to pay extra for an In store warranty policy?? They weren't quite as up to date on inventory...It didn't seem they were keeping up with the latest stuff?? I kinda noticed an "Excuse" or two with some perticular product inventory questions...I dunno...I guess I just "noticed" this as kinda wierd...

When I decided to Build up a C2D system...I elected to shop elseware...Mostly due to inventory reasons...Everyone else had the stuff...Monarch didn't...

I stumbled on this and similar threads shortly after beginning my C2D Rig...

I feel Sad...

Bye Monarch...

And Best of Luck to those effected by their Hard Times...

navav2002 said:
Wow...I've been "semi" keeping tabs on this for a while...I Feel bad for customers who have been left hanging...But also think of Monarch and their staff...How sad for everyone involved...

You see..I remember them in allot different light than some of you may...I live about an hour away...I was a Retail Store Customer of theirs...I've built/upgraded several Rigs in the past couple of years...Most of my shopping has been with them...I placed my first order in Feb 2004...My last purchase was a 4800x2 processor in July of this year...During that time I spent allot of money there...I havn't added it all up...But I'd say easily 8k....Probably more like 10k...

Basides Atlanta traffic...I alway's enjoyed my trips to their store...It was pretty kewl to have your own local "newegg" type place within driving distance...There was always some level of excitement involved with going to get my latest processor, videocard, motherboard or whatever...This is my Hobby...So my trips to Monarch were alway's more like trips to the Toy Store...It was Fun...I always had good luck with all those I came in contact with...

I probably did notice something a little "different" during 2006...Although I personally never had any trouble...I suppose I may have had a "Gut Feeling"...They quit carrying some of my preffered Brand Names...They started asking if I wanted to pay extra for an In store warranty policy?? They weren't quite as up to date on inventory...It didn't seem they were keeping up with the latest stuff?? I kinda noticed an "Excuse" or two with some perticular product inventory questions...I dunno...I guess I just "noticed" this as kinda wierd...

When I decided to Build up a C2D system...I elected to shop elseware...Mostly due to inventory reasons...Everyone else had the stuff...Monarch didn't...

I stumbled on this and similar threads shortly after beginning my C2D Rig...

I feel Sad...

Bye Monarch...

And Best of Luck to those effected by their Hard Times...

i know exactly how you feel, i lived for three years in Dallas, GA, inside of an hour drive across ATL from Monarch, and it was some fun times, i was even writing hardware reviews for them that were posted on their AMDReview.com website, spoke with Devin and Mike frequently, i just hope they are doing well

nobody_here said:
the building was cleared out by the cops though....employees told to leave, who do you think is going to process your order for shipment?

Just as an FYI.

I posted on 12-21-2006 that I placed a test order on the monarch website.
(mind you, it was a SMALL order, something I can afford to forfeit)

On 12-21 I received (later in the day...) confirmations of the order.

On 12-24, I received the confirmation about my card passing authentication (one of the 12-21 msgs said something about them trying to protect me against ID theft)

Today, 12-28, I received a shipment confirmation, including a tracking number.

Yes, I know it's a week down the road, but SOMEBODY is doing SOMETHING. I don't think a tracking number can be auto-generated when there's nobody packing the items.

I will keep all apprised if something actually shows up!

that's an odd number, $6,243.58... must have been on a payment plan.. else that was everything in his paypal account. :eek:

...also, if I'm not mistaken, monarch can be ordered to continue selling its remaining inventory to partially payoff its debt--also seen in ch7, 11 and 13s.

Pkirk618 said:
...also, if I'm not mistaken, monarch can be ordered to continue selling its remaining inventory to partially payoff its debt--also seen in ch7, 11 and 13s.
right, so all those lovely parts/systems sent in for repair/rma or just the systems that have been ordered will be resold to pay off debt :eek:

d94 said:
right, so all those lovely parts/systems sent in for repair/rma or just the systems that have been ordered will be resold to pay off debt :eek:

Not unless something really dirty happens, in the Chapter 11 liquidation I went though with a company I worked for (in Atlanta to, lol) only assests owned by the company could be liquidated, and this is done by a 3rd party company. Basicly you still run your company, but they watch what your doing very close.

Here's me driving over the mackinac bridge. :p

DSCN0028.jpg

Still haven't got the near $700 back from monarch yet. :(

Monarch was the worst. Period:mad:

Just thinking about what they did to me and how they treated me..Ouch

Visting the website gives me an idea of where the tax payment came from :
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv

They seem to have about as much inventory as my crampt apartment closet, looks like they are selling off what little left they have. Its sad to think they could barely make a $6k payment toward $50k in taxes, in the past 6 months.

nobody_here said:
the building was cleared out by the cops though....employees told to leave, who do you think is going to process your order for shipment?

Strange. for an empty building... it's miraculous how I RECEIVED my test purchase today.

It's exactly what I ordered. The price charged was what I paid. It took a little longer than usual to get, but, heck.. THAT could be blamed on the holidays.

monarch.jpg

Order date : 12/21/2006 (Thursday before christmas weekend)

Date shipped : 12/28/2006

Date of Arrival : 01/02/2007

interesting indeed

probably one of the last unless they allowed them to sell remaining inventory

we should have seen some sort of "official" statement by now you would think

nobody_here said:
interesting indeed

probably one of the last unless they allowed them to sell remaining inventory

we should have seen some sort of "official" statement by now you would think

With the amount of time they've been screwing people over, they're going to postpone an official statement for as long as possible.

CyberDeus-RagDoll said:
Order date : 12/21/2006 (Thursday before christmas weekend)

Date shipped : 12/28/2006

Date of Arrival : 01/02/2007

I was not so fortunate as you were. Must have been an easy item for them to process.

Order first week of December and never got a response on status 3 weeks later. Instead of risking interest rates on my credit card for a transaction that should have been removed from my CC since I was using MonarchComputers "credit," I contacted my CC to remove the transaction. Never bothered to contact MC about the cancellation because they should have not continued to float on my credit card. I would be surprised if I ever see my order processed and pretty much lost $200 that I expect Chapter 11 or 13 will remove responsibly to fulfill. Wish I would have kept that $200 motherboard that I was credited for as a backup now. :(

What also may be happening is that they moved some stock before the assesment, knowing it was coming, and moving that product under the radar.

I bought a PC from them in August, the first one I've ever not built myself. They were fine until I ordered then no support at all. I will never use them again. I'm sorry to see them go because they were the only online vendor that I know of that would custom build PCs with all the parts I wanted and their prices were pretty good. Their support was so bad however that I will *NEVER* go back to them.

I bought a PC from them in August, the first one I've ever not built myself. They were fine until I ordered then no support at all. I will never use them again. I'm sorry to see them go because they were the only online vendor that I know of that would custom build PCs with all the parts I wanted and their prices were pretty good. Their support was so bad however that I will *NEVER* go back to them.

Check with Puget Systems for technical support for your computer since it seems they offered to pick up unfortunate Monarch customers as a alternative. http://www.pugetsystems.com/monarch_computer.php in the bottom for more informations.

OMG I cant believe this. I was wondering what was going on with thier website. I thought they where just redoing thier website. I bought 2 complete PC from them. One in Feb 2004 and Feb 2006 (still use both every day). Both where top of the line at the time and could not be bought at that price at any other place. Basicly if it wasnt for Monarch I would not have this kick arse PC I am on right now. I have Monarch GT64 stickers plasterd on my case. Monarch background, Monarch Screenasver, Monarch IE skins. Basicly a Monarch FANATIC. I started with Monarch cause a local vender that I built from his parts overheated badly. After several trips back with the same problem I went to pick it up for the last time. He was Closed and filed chapter 13. They took my PC as assets. Though I could sue I would never really get anything out of it. I lost it all.
I wanted to buy a Core 2 with DD2 and a 8800 GTS from Monarch in Febuary. No way I could afford it at any other vender. Guess my custom PC days are over with Monarch gone. They where the best of the best.

Other vendors may have gone belly up because of the reasons given in the article,but I really feel Monarch's undoing was more due to greed,mismanagement,and customer abuse.I don't think the days of independent builders with good products AND reasonable prices are over yet,if builders like Vigor and Avadirect continue to maintain their present ratings and pricing they could replace Monarch.

I hear ya. Avadirect has great prices as well. Looks like Avadirect is the better choice.
Thanks all for the heads up.....

Yeah,I'm thinking of going with Avadirect myself with the ratings they have,plus the pricing and selection.I was looking for a particular case for the system I want that wasn't in their configurator and emailed them to see if they were going to carry it,they responded the next day that they now had the case in the configurator.That's customer service.

I was going to purchase a whole system from them, but they never responded to my questions when I had asked. It truly is a shame such a good company to go down the drain. I can remember all the reviews that Max PC did on them and they usualy were top of the bunch... Well what are you goning to do I just feel realy bad for all the people that have not seen this thread and don't know they have other support options.

KM

This kind of sucks. I got a gift certificate to Monarch for Christmas. Is it pretty much worthless now?

I guess i could say i saw this coming, but not so soon, sucks for all of those with a monarch PC though,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back