• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monarch Computer Bites the Dust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend isn't down about losing his job. He did kind of know something was bound to happen since that contract was lost.
 
To play guinea pig, I placed a small order today with monarch just to see if they can fulfill it.

I have already received order confirmation, as well as a follow-up message stating that they are verifying my order and processing it.

(order was in the $10 range, so.. methinks I can afford it)

I really would hate to see this company go under.
 
CyberDeus-RagDoll said:
To play guinea pig, I placed a small order today with monarch just to see if they can fulfill it.

I have already received order confirmation, as well as a follow-up message stating that they are verifying my order and processing it.

(order was in the $10 range, so.. methinks I can afford it)

I really would hate to see this company go under.

the building was cleared out by the cops though....employees told to leave, who do you think is going to process your order for shipment?
 
nobody_here said:
the building was cleared out by the cops though....employees told to leave, who do you think is going to process your order for shipment?

I never saw that posting. :-(

They are still taking orders online at this very moment.
 
Piccol0z said:
I've been meaning to post about Monarch Computers for a couple of days now. My best friend was an employee there till today, Wednesday the 20th, when three cops came and told him and some other people to get out of the building. He is now jobless of course.

A couple weeks ago, my friend told me Monarch lost a large contract and that he was worried about losing his job there since it paid him a decent wage, $12 an hour or so with 40 hours a week. He enjoyed it for the most part.

He only worked at Monarch for a couple of months and does not know much about what caused Monarch's downfall.

I have a very very hard time beleiving this, a VERY hard time. but I digress, I am really posting here to ask if we can get the pictures of the lawn sign saying they are forced to close. I am itching to see this.
 
ifuonlyknew said:
I have a very very hard time beleiving this, a VERY hard time. but I digress, I am really posting here to ask if we can get the pictures of the lawn sign saying they are forced to close. I am itching to see this.

There was a picture on the front page a few days ago that showed a sign saying the in store operations were closed to focus on online sales... but that is all I have seen.
 
Found this at the Dekalb County Tax Assessors Office: I bet if they got shut down it was for non-payment of taxes.

Account # 3852176
Owner Information
Property Address 5242 ROYAL WOODS PKWY #160 UNI
Property Class CF - COMMERCIAL F&F M&E
Tax District 04 - Unincorporated
Owner Monarch Computer
Co-Owner
Owner Address 000000 P O Box 1008
Tucker, GA 30085-1008
Current Appraised & Assessment Value
Business Personal Property Value $2,788,297
Total Value $2,788,297
40% Taxable Assessment $1,115,319
 
Viper87227 said:
There was a picture on the front page a few days ago that showed a sign saying the in store operations were closed to focus on online sales... but that is all I have seen.


Yea saw that, but I wana see this new one.
 
I posted that yesterday. I also found it odd that they paid part of it on the 18th of this month.

qdemn7 said:
Found this at the Dekalb County Tax Assessors Office: I bet if they got shut down it was for non-payment of taxes.

Account # 3852176
Owner Information
Property Address 5242 ROYAL WOODS PKWY #160 UNI
Property Class CF - COMMERCIAL F&F M&E
Tax District 04 - Unincorporated
Owner Monarch Computer
Co-Owner
Owner Address 000000 P O Box 1008
Tucker, GA 30085-1008
Current Appraised & Assessment Value
Business Personal Property Value $2,788,297
Total Value $2,788,297
40% Taxable Assessment $1,115,319
 
Sounds like one of two things to me if law enforcement showed up and locked the place up.

1 - Unpaid back taxes beyond extensions and recovery. Tax assessor locked them down until they pay up or a court orders liquidation to recover the taxes due.

2 - They filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy to reorganize. On the court date the judge disagreed and converted them to Chapter 7 and ordered immediate closure and liquidation to pay debts.

I've personally seen number two happen to a company with over 5000 employees (Inacom). I worked there and became rapidly unemployed via option number two. Once the judge converts it to Chapter 7 court appointed law enforcement is told to immediately secure all assets and premises. At Inacom (who was Compaq and HP's largest distributor and had support contracts worldwide) they literally shut the entire company down in under two hours. Website, servers, warehouses, everything was shut off and locked up.
 
ifuonlyknew said:
Yea saw that, but I wana see this new one.


what new one? what more do you want to see

lets put it this way, i know some of those guys, suddenly they dont return any emails, nor do they return any customers emails, try calling them yourself....

we have a picture of the sign on the door saying they are closed to focus on online orders, then go visit their website, they have next to nothing, the site is but a shell of what it used to be, and orders are not getting shipped, and the last few that did were wrong item in wrong box, like somebody was rushing to just ship something....

we have all employees forced out by the Tax Commission / Police

what more could you possibly want? there will of course be a public statement soon of course, but if you dont believe they are closing/bankrupt, whatever at this point, i dont know what to say...

if they are in the bankruptcy scenario, that information is public knowledge, the fact they have been forced or filed will be published in the local newspaper as well
 
nobody_here said:
what new one? what more do you want to see

lets put it this way, i know some of those guys, suddenly they dont return any emails, nor do they return any customers emails, try calling them yourself....

we have a picture of the sign on the door saying they are closed to focus on online orders, then go visit their website, they have next to nothing, the site is but a shell of what it used to be, and orders are not getting shipped, and the last few that did were wrong item in wrong box, like somebody was rushing to just ship something....

we have all employees forced out by the Tax Commission / Police

what more could you possibly want? there will of course be a public statement soon of course, but if you dont believe they are closing/bankrupt, whatever at this point, i dont know what to say...

if they are in the bankruptcy scenario, that information is public knowledge, the fact they have been forced or filed will be published in the local newspaper as well

Or they could be approaching another company for an aquisition.
;)
 
Spectre said:
Or they could be approaching another company for an aquisition.
;)
Why would a company want them if they are way in debt to the Tax Assessor?
 
MixManSC said:
2 - They filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy to reorganize. On the court date the judge disagreed and converted them to Chapter 7 and ordered immediate closure and liquidation to pay debts.

I've personally seen number two happen to a company with over 5000 employees (Inacom). I worked there and became rapidly unemployed via option number two. Once the judge converts it to Chapter 7 court appointed law enforcement is told to immediately secure all assets and premises. At Inacom (who was Compaq and HP's largest distributor and had support contracts worldwide) they literally shut the entire company down in under two hours. Website, servers, warehouses, everything was shut off and locked up.
Damn, did you ever get paid any remaining salary?
 
qdemn7 said:
Why would a company want them if they are way in debt to the Tax Assessor?

As far as I know for two reasons:

1) They owed the company a ton of money.
2) They wanted the Hornet.

By aquiring them they gaurentee whatever stock is left that they had sold to Monarch and they get rights to the Hornet.

At least that is what the grapevine is saying.
 
nobody_here said:
what new one? what more do you want to see..............
we have all employees forced out by the Tax Commission / Police


That is what i want to see, there is nothing in any police blotters nor anywhere else about them being forced closed or the doors locked by the tax man. We only have the word of some people who claim to have worked there and those stories are obviously c**p. I just want these pictures we have been promised I want FACT not more he said she said. God knows there has been far to much of that in this whole Monarch situation.

btw nobody, please don't think i am attacking you nor that i think you were attacking me.
 
My friend's story is crap? How so? Well, believe it or not, three cops told him and several other employees to get out and go home. He is now jobless.
 
ifuonlyknew said:
That is what i want to see, there is nothing in any police blotters nor anywhere else about them being forced closed or the doors locked by the tax man. We only have the word of some people who claim to have worked there and those stories are obviously c**p. I just want these pictures we have been promised I want FACT not more he said she said. God knows there has been far to much of that in this whole Monarch situation.

btw nobody, please don't think i am attacking you nor that i think you were attacking me.

oh, this was never personal, but it's a clear cut case, no matter what reason, Monarch is no more for now, like i said, try calling to place an order and see how far you get, or drop by the store to pay for an item, you wont even get in the door
 
Why would a company want the rights to the Hornet? It doesn't seem hard for to build SFF systems these days.
 
matt fury said:
Why would a company want the rights to the Hornet? It doesn't seem hard for to build SFF systems these days.


brand name recognition, things of that nature

our company has bought three other companies that do the same thing we do, had products almost identical to our's, so we just buy them, and still manufacture the products with the old names on them, companies that bought a "XXX" brand item in the past are looking for that same brand name when they go to buy another one, they dont really care who actually makes it, it has the "XXX" name on it and thats what they will buy

i mean, we literally have three products that are marketed under like 8 names, it's all about brand name recognition
 
nobody_here said:
brand name recognition, things of that nature

our company has bought three other companies that do the same thing we do, had products almost identical to our's, so we just buy them, and still manufacture the products with the old names on them, companies that bought a "XXX" brand item in the past are looking for that same brand name when they go to buy another one, they dont really care who actually makes it, it has the "XXX" name on it and thats what they will buy

i mean, we literally have three products that are marketed under like 8 names, it's all about brand name recognition

I understand that. Hell, that's what they were doing in Zalinksy wanted to do in Tommy Boy. But what kind of brand recognition does the Monarch Hornet have? Did I just miss the big Hornet boat?
 
nobody_here said:
but it's only in this forum section?......

:confused:

I wonder if when they disable the option to make new threads, the option to edit is also disabled?
 
Viper87227 said:
I wonder if when they disable the option to make new threads, the option to edit is also disabled?

All of these points have been addressed by Kyle i nthe help/feedback section.
 
matt fury said:
Why would a company want the rights to the Hornet? It doesn't seem hard for to build SFF systems these days.

It is a custom job by LIan-li for Monarch. All I know is what has been passed along to me and that was that they approached Systemax. Systemax was considering it because of the outstanding debt to them and the Hornet. There is a third company that is on fringe that was bing pitched but that deal is extremely unlikely.
 
Piccol0z said:
My friend's story is crap? How so? Well, believe it or not, three cops told him and several other employees to get out and go home. He is now jobless.

Afaid so, yes "his" (your) story is c**p
 
Spectre said:
.... Systemax was considering it because of the outstanding debt to them and the Hornet. There is a third company that is on fringe that was bing pitched but that deal is extremely unlikely.

Monarch owed Systemax money? I have a warehouse full of bridge deads, anyone who is beliving more than 50% of what is posted in this thread please PM me for a quote on one of these bridges. :p

I really wish we could have these pictures, it seems that this too was a load of c**p :-(
 
ifuonlyknew said:
Monarch owed Systemax money?

That is what Systemax says.

Believe it or not some people in this thread may know a bit more than you. ;)
 
ifuonlyknew said:
I have a warehouse full of bridge deads, anyone who is beliving more than 50% of what is posted in this thread please PM me for a quote on one of these bridges. :p

I really wish we could have these pictures, it seems that this too was a load of c**p :-(
bridge deads? and it seems you're the only person interested in more pictures. It almost sounds like you're directly involved with MCS. Are you?

The bottom line is, MCS screwed over a ton of people and their doors are now closed and their website has almost nothing for sale. I don't require proof of any of that, because I can see the website myself, along with the closed forums. I require proof to the contrary. Can you provide any? Even if you could, it wouldnt matter, because I wouldnt buy nor recommend them to anyone, EVER, unless there was some compelling reason to do otherwise.
 
enginurd said:
bridge deads? and it seems you're the only person interested in more pictures. It almost sounds like you're directly involved with MCS. Are you?

The bottom line is, MCS screwed over a ton of people and their doors are now closed and their website has almost nothing for sale. I don't require proof of any of that, because I can see the website myself, along with the closed forums. I require proof to the contrary. Can you provide any? Even if you could, it wouldnt matter, because I wouldnt buy nor recommend them to anyone, EVER, unless there was some compelling reason to do otherwise.

You will not find me defending them nor arguing any point you have made. I am just interested in truth is all. We all know there is a LOT of false being posted in regard to the Monarch situation, both for and against them.

There was plenty of you demanding the pictures the first time, I can't be interested in the this closed by the tax commisionar turn of events? :-(
 
ifuonlyknew said:
You will not find me defending them nor arguing any point you have made. I am just interested in truth is all. We all know there is a LOT of false being posted in regard to the Monarch situation, both for and against them.

There was plenty of you demanding the pictures the first time, I can't be interested in the this closed by the tax commisionar turn of events? :-(


ok, lets go with what's not false (these would be considered truths btw) that you can prove to yourself

truth:

they dont answer the phone anymore or return phone calls, basically turning away all customers

they dont answer emails, both on a personal level and emails from customers or potential clients

their storefront is closed with a sign saying they are closing it to focus on online orders, i saw it myself

which means you go to their website only to find that it is absolutely nothing like it used to be, different layout, sponsor ads removed, most inventory is stuff that doesn't move well, nothing really to buy worth buying

customer reports a plenty saying they have not received their orders from Monarch or received the wrong item in the wrong box, etc.....there aren't just a couple, there are many, if you like see their resellerratings.com feedback recently, the numbers speak for themselves

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller_rating_history.pl?id=2079

what are you looking for here? President Bush to make a National Press Announcement stating Monarch is closed? sheesh.....
 
ifuonlyknew said:
so you want the brooklyn? Golden gate? Delaware water gap?

;) :D

How much has MCS been paying you, exactly?

The place is closed, they screw over people, and they're shutting down in their current form.

All truth.
 
lopoetve said:
How much has MCS been paying you, exactly?

The place is closed, they screw over people, and they're shutting down in their current form.

All truth.

Just saying that while there is A LOT of bad that is truth, we could do without the people making stuff up to get attention. i.e. the guy who threw a bunch of stuff in a case and said it came from Monarch that way, these people who are saying they were forcibly removed, and the tax guy shut em down.

Monarch did a whole lot they should not have you will not find anyone with any sense arguing that point. I am just concerned that the exaggerations and lies will only dilute the waters and the real things they did will be lost. Some may come to believe that some of the more outrageous things that DID happen were also made up. And/or someone friendly to them will roll some of the real things that happened into the ball of lies and say that it was made up. I find it funny that I am being seen as a fan boy for them, which is not the case here folks, I am just issuing a plea for us to stay to truths.
 
ifuonlyknew said:
Just saying that while there is A LOT of bad that is truth, we could do without the people making stuff up to get attention. i.e. the guy who threw a bunch of stuff in a case and said it came from Monarch that way, these people who are saying they were forcibly removed, and the tax guy shut em down.

Monarch did a whole lot they should not have you will not find anyone with any sense arguing that point. I am just concerned that the exaggerations and lies will only dilute the waters and the real things they did will be lost. Some may come to believe that some of the more outrageous things that DID happen were also made up. And/or someone friendly to them will roll some of the real things that happened into the ball of lies and say that it was made up. I find it funny that I am being seen as a fan boy for them, which is not the case here folks, I am just issuing a plea for us to stay to truths.

at this point i dont think anybody here really cares what is fact and what is fiction, fact is they are not doing business as Monarch Computers anymore, all the details will come out in due time, truth will sort itself from lies, but the end result is, they are no long doing business, it will be interesting to find out exactly why, but it wont change the opinion of anybody here, nobody aware of any of this, true or not will be dealing with them in the future
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top