MOH Airborne

I liked the demo a lot!

Just played it through once.

+ Cinematic graphics, motion blur and FOV change when you sprint are both nice, the motion blur is subtle and done well.
+ AI doesn't hit you with its first shot from miles away like in some of the other MoH games, even on medium difficulty the early MoH games had a habit of smacking you one in the head first shot, this doesn't happen here, gunfights are more stand off where both sides take cover and stay that way until somene gets a lucky hit in.
+ Level design and freedom seem well done, at first it appears linear but you soon realise it's not, you can double back and find alternate routes, you can flank, theres several ways up right onto the rooftops so you can stalk your enemy from above.
+ Aim system is really good and quite refreshing, when holding aim you zoom and your strafe keys become lean keys, and your foward/back pedal keys become stance higher and stance lower. If you aim inside a doorway or a window you can easily lean out, if you aim when behind a box you can easily peek over and get back down again.
+ Animations are good, especially the first person ones, when you plant explosives your screen moves around realistically, you dont just press a key and all of a sudden explosives appear on the target, you get a full animation. In a similar way falling from heights and landing, sprinting, ducking everyting is smooth and animated well. Even people around you who are running skid to a stop rather than just stopping dead.

- Widescreen is ballsed up like Bioshocks is, it's vert- rather than horz+ which means that people with widescreen see approximately 44% less viewable area than they should be seeing, gives the impression of the view being too zoomed in.
- No AniAlias/Ansiotroptic filtering options that I could find.

Overall the demo was a lot of fun, I'm going to play it through again and take a different route and see how different the demo turns out, I expect it will be a lot different, I will also post some screenshots in 1680x1050 max details

hammerzeit1.jpg

sorry it had to :)

if I do a run through of the demo with fraps does anyone have a good place to upload, free upload/download

cheers

Widescreen is ballsed up like Bioshocks is, it's vert- rather than horz+ which means that people with widescreen see approximately 44% less viewable area than they should be seeing, gives the impression of the view being too zoomed in.

Argh! how can they keep screwing this up? Widesreen users are fast becoming a very large percentage of gamers. That's just stupid.

Gonna have to disagree thus far on this demo. While the game was engaging and I enjoyed playing the demo. I was not able to keep playing because of the controls. Very frustrating. In previous MoH, CoD, Bioshock, etc the aiming and mouse responsiveness, accuracy is wayyy better than this current demo. I hope improvements are made because I couldn't continue playing because of it. Aiming down the sights was awful. And I found character movement (turning, etc) painfully slow and non-responsive, even with the settings jacked up. Never had a problem in any game before. :(

Thought the Demo was ok. Nothing spectacular really. It felt like CoD2.1

Call of Duty II with slightly better graphics but really nothing special. Scratched off my list for must buy titles after this demo.

You, know I thought that the engine ran really well considering I was running an X1800XT. Unfortunately, the lack of Anti-Aliasing really, really hurt image quality to the point where I have to say that Day of Defeat: Source looks way better. I also notice that there were no physics objects to speak of at all.

Some games can get away with no anti-aliasing to a certain extent. This is definitely not one of those games. It's painfully obvious from when you first see the C-47s in the menus. All the pretty lighting and shader effects in the world don't make up for it, and they seem to make it worse.

I thought the demo was fun but I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll buy this or not. Its on my list but I want to see what the final version is like.

All I can really say is wow...

Graphically it looks great on my system with no slowdowns, granted I'm limited to playing at 1280x1024 at the moment but everything is at max detail. I think I am going to be buying this game for the PC instead of the Xbox 360 like I was previously planning. My wife has been a big fan of the Metal of Honor series but she likes them on console, which I cannot stand using a controller for a shooting game. She is just going to have to suck it up and get used to playing with a keyboard and mouse.

The game has crashed on me once but I think that's because my overclock was unstable as opposed to the game. I upped the voltage and everything plays fine.

Grafix are nice, needs AA...but i agree with the mouse responsivness..it lags, and Vsync isnt on..im getting like 30 Fps, 20 in bigger battles on medium settings...I could only play 5 min before i got frusterated, I just cant aim correctly..not with the lag, you have to be so tight with the mouse..I dont know if its my system and the fps, or just the game

Also got the "been there done that" feeling after playing the demo. The chuting in to where you want on the battlefield was kinda cool...but taking out the AA guns and waves of soldiers was pure Deja vu.

I went back and replayed the demo, and I was happier, and was able to tweak the mouse a little more but It was less... engrossing that I was hoping. Given the great concept of free roam on the level to flank and kill how you choose I felt it made the action actually slower, and there-fore less engaging.

The environment is more open and the graphics are nice, but the gameplay feels like COD all over again.

*goes back to playing bioshock*

I was watching my task manager on the other monitor while playing, it was using all 4 cores and total cpu usage was ~75%. So much for quad core being useless.

Graphics are nice.

Feels exactly like every other WWII game i've played, i'm so tired of that genre.

I played the 360 demo, and I'm left not wanting. The graphics and sound are both excellent, but theres something about the gunplay that has me pist. It seems like half the shots from far away don't register for me.

Then again this is something I feel I might be more comfortable playing on the PC anyways.

I played the 360 demo, and I'm left not wanting. The graphics and sound are both excellent, but theres something about the gunplay that has me pist. It seems like half the shots from far away don't register for me.

Then again this is something I feel I might be more comfortable playing on the PC anyways.
I noticed that also...sometimes even at close range with a carefully aimed shot.:confused:

It's a good concept but the gunplay is horrible. You don't feel like you're holding a lethal weapon. The sounds are quite weird, I don't know if that's how they sound in rl but it's weird, except for the MG sounds which are excellent. It needs more gore.

I still play Medal of Honor Spearhead, the multiplayer especially the freeze tag mode is just too addictive :) The last game of the series was pacific assault, which it had good graphics and all but it was just too laggy to play multiplayer. Airborn looks to be far more better, cant wait to try it. My shooting accuracy is actually much better in the medal of honor series then it is with the call of duty.

I enjoyed the demo. Performance is great, I was able to max it out @ 1680x1050. Lack of AA sucks but it's not that noticable at my native resolution. I'm unable to say the same for the Bioshock demo - I had to bump it down to 1440x900 to get what I considered playable.

The AI tweak thats floating around is a must, demo is much more enjoyable when you acually get shot at.

I've played the demo some more since my earlier post and I must say I am liking the game more as I go but I thought I saw somewhere that this game will only support 12 players in multi-player mode, is that right? That seems like a rather low number to me.

The graphics on the 360 are amazing in 1080p, but the gameplay just seemed average. I parachuted into the back corner of the German HQ and just crouched behind something and picked every enemy off one by one as they came around a corner. The fact that so many long-distance shots don't register kind of hurts it too. I'll definitely rent it when it comes out, but I don't think the gameplay's improved much since Allied Assault. :(

I've been playing the demo over and over on the expert skill level and I must say, WOW. I landed on roofs, behind ppl, on top of ppl and wow so much fun!

The demo actually ran pretty good @ 1024x768 on my box. Will add specs to sig. No lag, all graphics were very smooth, and the hit box's were pretty damn good too. I must have plinked dozens of helmets off those nazi's! haha. :cool:

I love it when you get marksmenship awards. It shows that it takes skill, and you're awarded accordingly. I wish I was able to accept the gun upgrade, deny it or accept later. I was doing really well with the Thompson, then I got an upgrade for a 50round barrel, and that messed me up more.. The sights changed, and the whole feel of the weapon changed.. Still did ok, but not sure if I liked the DO IT NOW change weapon thing....:rolleyes:

Loved COD2, beat the entire game multiple times. This and COD are some of my fav games right now. Love first person shooters, war games etc. I very much liked this game.. Now only if my PC was a bit faster I'd max the video settings :)

Played the 360 demo and I certainly didn't like it as much as the PC's version. The controls just seemed bloated and not nearly as precise (of course). And despite it running like ass on my PC, it just looked a lot more crisp and cleaner on my monitor.

The one advantage the Xbox had was the analog control while leaning. That made an already awesome lean system even better.

Right now I'll probably pick this up for the PC in a couple months when I upgrade my vid card. Awesome game.

Too many slowdowns on my 7900GS:(
Dips below 20s in places with lots of nazis.
Love the drop anywhere twist, although I can't quite master the flared landing technique :(

So I started playing the full version today, and so far I'm really liking it. I knew from the demo I would. But I'm starting to get a little worried about the length. After about an hour I'm already done with the first two missions, and from what I can tell there are only 6 missions total. !!??

Do the missions start getting drastically longer? Or are there more that I'm just not seeing?

I love the openness of the levels, so I can certain see myself replaying the game - looking for the secret drop points, etc... But I was kind of hoping for more content.

Oh, and the performance difference between a 7900GT 512 and a 8800GTS 640 is night and day. Game runs awesome now. 50-60 fps on high settings.

Oh, and the performance difference between a 7900GT 512 and a 8800GTS 640 is night and day. Game runs awesome now. 50-60 fps on high settings.

Oh yeah, there's a difference. But for me specifically it'll run fine but just like lag out every so often. Then It goes back to being fine.

So I started playing the full version today, and so far I'm really liking it. I knew from the demo I would. But I'm starting to get a little worried about the length. After about an hour I'm already done with the first two missions, and from what I can tell there are only 6 missions total. !!??

Do the missions start getting drastically longer? Or are there more that I'm just not seeing?

The game is reportedly not very long. I played for about 4 hours last night, in between dying from playing it on Expert, and just wandering around looking at crap, I'm on level 3. If theres only 6 missions, barring any going back and finding secret drop points and leveling weapons because I'm an achievement whore, I'll have the game beat tonight.

Reviewers who have the PC version say you can blow through it on PC even faster because of the control setup. I'm enjoying it, but it's looking like a good thing I rented it.

Single player was short. I finished in normal settings in 5 hours tops. I had fun playing though. I like the fact you can upgrade your weapons.

I also like how they set the keys for leaning left and right to shoot. Using A and D to do it after you zoom in. All FPS should adopt to this method.

Too many slowdowns on my 7900GS:(
Dips below 20s in places with lots of nazis.
Love the drop anywhere twist, although I can't quite master the flared landing technique :(

What resolution are you playing?

I had no problems running 1440x900 everything maxxed with 16xAF. No AA on this game.

Actual game play never got lower than 25fps. Average about 45fps or so. When I lowered it to 1280x800 it was over 60fps.

To get a flare landing all you have to do is press the jump button right when you are about to land.

Yeah, after one night of playing I'm already on the 5th level. This game is definitely quality over quantity..... I just wish there was more quantity of this quality. :(

Ok, beat the game on expert after 3 or 4 nights of playing... Fun game overall.. had lots of fun etc.

Ending was lame.. Could have been better.. But yea, overall I loved it. :(

Now time to play around with cheats, and see how much more fun I can have.. hahha :)

After 2 nights of playing for about 4 hours I'm on the 4th level. It's currently kicking my ass, but I'm at the end by the bridge.

Guys with Panzerschrecks just showed up to rock my world. It's definitely a good game. It's got a different feel than COD, and I really like the fact that you can lean and peek, a much appreciated addition in my opinion. I like the ability to go and do multiple paths through each level by deciding which objective you want to accomplish first.

Some of the skill drop location are ridiculous, in a good way. Reminds me of pilotwings in a fashion :)

It's a fun game, currently on the 3rd level. I seem to die quite regularly! I've been short on ammo a few times also. I agree with Kahnvex that leaning is an important addition.

The game runs nicely at 1280 x 1024 with max everything. There appears to be some sort of motion blur going on in this game (noticible when running), although I can see no option for it. I'm sure it's not my mointor as G2G response time is 2ms. The game appears to be extremely CPU intensive, cores are get as hot as I've seen.

I love the openness of the levels, so I can certain see myself replaying the game - looking for the secret drop points, etc... But I was kind of hoping for more content.

Yeah, I love the non-linear gameplay too, you can pretty much roam where you like in what order you like. Big thumbs up!

Yeah, the 8800GTS is a great card, I'm loving mine apart from the occasional strange electrical noise!

Back