Mobo upgrade ?

Jeeprs69

Limp Gawd
I currently have a ASUS P5Qpro, Q9550,4gb DDR2 1066 etc..
I was wondering if I would gain anything by going to a 790i Ultra and ddr3 something memory? I am also planning on a Intel SSD at some point. Vid card is a XFX GTX 260 Black Edition.

I need to upgrade my GF too- so I could use my old board for her..If the cost is worth it.

DDR3 might help but I don't think the mobo alone will improve the performance. If you don't use SLI, I don't see any reason to upgrade on a platform that is soon to be phased out. Save your money and grab a P55 motherboard!

Save your $$ and buy different mobo for GF unless you plan on going SLI.

I was wondering if I would gain anything by going to a 790i Ultra and ddr3 something memory?

Other than gaining the knowledge that you wasted your money and the remorse for it afterwards, no gain whatsoever.

Personally, I'm waiting to see what i5 does before moving off of the P5Q Pro. I really have no reason to change anything.

Keep the p5qpro until i5 is out. ddr3 vs ddr2 i don't think is worthwhile difference.

Cool I have been wondering.
Any thoughts on a decent mATX 775 board? Maybe a AMD. looking to save money and move her up from
AMD X2 4200 Socket 939. Currently have a AGP card- looking to get something with the best onboard video. She's not a hard core gamer- Surfs Myspace, Play Pogo.com, email, etc...

That's not bad but how much of a step up is it from an Athlon 4200x2?
First of all what's your budget and what's your performance/usage objectives?
Also what current PSU do you have and what monitor size/resolution do you have?

That's not bad but how much of a step up is it from an Athlon 4200x2?
It's a huge step up. It's going from a 2.2GHz dual-core A64 to a 2.8GHz dual-core Phenom II. And there will be power savings from going from an 89W CPU to a 65W chip.

Back