• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Missing Modular Cables - Thermaltake BlackWidow

[H]Shaft

n00b
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
4
I just purchased a second 6970 for my rig and I can't find the extra modular cables I had for my Thermaltake Black Widow 850. I've contacted Thermaltake support, they were terrible. They basically said if it wasn't on the thermaltakestore.com site that I couldn't purchase them. My time spent googling and forum diving have yielded no solution. Please help!! Would gladly pay for a set!

Thank You!

-Shaft
 
I really wouldn't recommend getting using HD 6970 2GB Crossfire on a such a low quality PSU.:
The Black Widow 850W is actually just a black-painted edition of the really crappy TR2 RX 850W. Currently-manufactured revisions of the latter are based on a craptastic HEC platform that's barely capable of outputting 500W without getting the voltages and ripple out of spec. Early-production versions of the TR2 RX 850 (and the Black Widow 850) that were manufactured prior to 2010 were based on an early revision of the CWT PSH platform that had voltage regulation problems above 600W.

And based on the performance and quality of the Black Widow/TR2 RX 850W, the $65 AR price is still too high for what turned out to be just another mediocre-quality 500W PSU.

I highly highly recommend getting a new PSU like the Corsair 850TX V2.

With that said, if you want to continue on that extremely bad idea path, [H] actually has a TT rep now, so contact him and see what he can do for you:
http://hardforum.com/member.php?u=235655
 
That breaks my heart. I haven't had any issues with it running the specs listed in my signature, but if adding another 6970 is going to be too much I'll spring for another power supply. A quality 850 watt would be ok for my rig running crossfire though right?
 
Back
Top