Mining Upcoming Alt Coin

Discussion in 'Mining & Cryptocurrency' started by sethmo, Oct 25, 2018.

1. sethmo

sethmo 2[H]4U

Anyone currently CPU or GPU mining some oddball shit coins that have promise? Something like Ravencoin where mining pools/difficulty isn't/wasn't overrun and the coin actually has a potential future?

Obviously nobody knows for certain, just curious what all oddball coins everyone(or anyone) is currently mining.

2. serial__thrilla

serial__thrilla [H]Lite

Mining Raven. With my hashrate, I can get hundreds every 24 hours, so yeah, it has potential. Sometimes I switch to Monero also, Eth is not worth it, cause you'd be competing with a huge number of ASICs. I'd rather trade something else to ETH.

3. Parja

Parja [H]ardForum Junkie

What miner are you using for X16R?

I was using Z-Enemy but just recently switched to T-Rex. T-Rex seems to be ~5% faster.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  4. serial__thrilla

serial__thrilla [H]Lite

Wow! Shit, sorry for not replying sooner, I haven't checked the forums in a while!. Yeah, was using Enemy, it seems to be fast enough, and has enough switches to run efficiently, but Raven's price has been shit-bombed recently, so I stopped. Moved back to super casually mining Monero.

5. Parja

Parja [H]ardForum Junkie

Yeah, everything has taken a shit. There's nothing I can currently mine for a profit. Think I'm going to build up and stake BCI for a while.

6. KD5ZXG

KD5ZXG Limp Gawd

Update my miners and try again, or fire up a space heater and save myself the frustration?
    Why does guncoin look profitable? Already have too much guncoin, worth less every day.
    And music. Sure thing, can't miss I said, oh yes it can...

7. Omegas

Omegas [H]ardForum Junkie

If you're heating your house anyway, what ever you hash is basically cost free.

Gilthanis likes this.