Minecraft

The only pluggin that keeps me on hmod is craft book, once that moves over ill switch. Of course I only have about 5 people on my server so no lag yet.

Im at breakfast right now when I get home ill add the last few names and then turn it on.

P!rate: both

Sweet, soounds good and yes please tell me when you turned it on and post ip, as i dont know it ;)

ok

Hardcraft.dyndns.org:25565 is going to be the new fresh server
Hardcraft.dyndns.org:25566 is going to be the old Hardcraft Server (when it's up)

Hashland veteran UNITE! were all bonded by this story. Lets build something Hash would be proud of.

HashmangMC steam group created. Some invites sent from my steam account (Modred189). Lemme know of you want an invite.

Yeah, hmod kinda sucked. But one thing it taught us was that we should regularly reboot the server. Bukkit was a lot better but we still needed to reboot the server every so often. Hash said he found something to automatically reboot the server but I'm not sure if I ever saw it working.

Couldn't you just create a bat or vb script to run as a scheduled task in windows, to kill the server, run a quick backup via copy cmd and then restart the server? You probably even leave the the server cmd prompt window open to relay a message to everyone on the server using sendkeys, that it will be taken down and restarted.

Couldn't you just create a bat or vb script to run as a scheduled task in windows, to kill the server, run a quick backup via copy cmd and then restart the server? You probably even leave the the server cmd prompt window open to relay a message to everyone on the server using sendkeys, that it will be taken down and restarted.

Yeah, that is essentially what I do to keep my server running well.

I also set up a cool program to generate this map for my players:
http://nicko88.homeip.net

I currently have it set to update every 3 hours.

Yeah, that is essentially what I do to keep my server running well.

I also set up a cool program to generate this map for my players:
http://nicko88.homeip.net

I currently have it set to update every 3 hours.

That is an awesome mapping program SirMaster. What's it called?

Greatone, my MC name is... wait for it... NickTheNut. ;)

Is this server staying around for awhile? Maybe I'll stick around ;)

If we have a vote; I would say this for mods / rules.

• Mobs on
  • Creeper damage / destruction on
  • Mod to allow repair of armor and tools
  • Starting out Diamond Tools and maybe half / quarter stack of diamonds.
  • Warps
  • Lengthened day cycle

Starting out with diamond tools and not having to worry about running out of diamonds quickly really helps people build. I love mining and building, but hate the speed that stone tools work at.

So far we have good and bad news..

Good: From what I can tell from commentary, guys are having a great time exploring... "incredible" is used a lot lol. No one has had any issues yet with getting started, resources are there I've gotten stacks of iron pretty easy.

so far we have:
mobs on
creepers 100%
warping is limited to Home commands, you can travel to your home or anyone elses home that you are invited to. (hardcraft server had a HUGE list of warps, got way too cluttered)

Bad news:
Ubuntu server isn't playing nice with Hyper-V server, if problem continues will have to take server down to migrate to ESX as an alternative hypervisor. Hyper-V doesn't officially support ubuntu server but it "works" .. seems arr4ws puts too much of a strain on it and it throws a fit.

I'll continue to support the server, try my best to keep it up as much as possible... my MC server has been running for a couple months without a single restart, even power outage couldn't stop it (yay back-up battery) There is no reason I can't find a way to make it this reliable for you guys. A great community deserves a great place to hang out.

PS: I'm out for the day, so if something happens while I'm gone... I'm sorry.

Thanks greatone! I'll be sure to overplay it tonight, and as for hashs memorial, everyone should start getting stone and wool, we are making a cathedral I believe

Thanks greatone! I'll be sure to overplay it tonight, and as for hashs memorial, everyone should start getting stone and wool, we are making a cathedral I believe

I thought the Cathedral was out, and the giant hash statue + tree was in?

20101216_10_00_37.png

Thanks for the screenshot, arr4ws! I'll never forget exploring Hash's base in the temporary world[the one where we put waterfalls everywhere], turning around and seeing a pig head right in my face. It was so unexpected I jumped in my chair!

Thank you for setting up a new server. My name ingame is WickedAwesome, if you would add me that would be great, thank you!

I will miss Hash. I will try to help with any monument we do.

My Minecraft id is Zexx, would appreciate being added.

ps: Im out of the hospital and recovering now.

I have a few screenshots of Hash as well. I'll look through them tonight and see if I have any good ones and get them online.

His friend on facebook said to post it to her ..the memorial..when we are done.

My friend was trying to play on hashland for a week and a half but this was right around the time hash passed so anyways his username is Autoblasian and itd be tight if you could add him, ty! (he doesnt have hardforum account so im posting for him)

Updated whitelist and reloaded server, I posted over in the virtualization section for some assistance, so depending on how things go it will determine the amount of down time scheduled.

Back