Minecraft

DogChainX

Once the server gets back up I can give you a quick guide on how to build something like my tower.
Just have a spot figured out :) also to save on blocks you may want to build down instead of up. something I thought of when I was in the middle of mine :)

Yeah, I have a spot figured out. I think I'll just make it part of Dante's Inferno. I'll show you when we're both online.

As for blocks...meh.....i'm carving out a 384,000 block "cavern" by hand. =)

HashLand is down. Someone I gave access to cuboid decided to stop using his goddamn brain and childishly filled a massive area with TNT and set it off... This person then laughing to themselves thinking its SOoo funny to blow blocks up, corrupted that chunk, and crashed the server. Now, that entire chunk is fucked. If anyone starts to load it, or warp near there, the server crashes.

Cuboid has /cfill AIR To remove large areas of blocks.. The mere fact he used TNT puzzles me, annoys me, and seriously makes me want to throw shit around. The backup plugin has not been updated to Beta, so the entire weeks worth of progress will most likely be lost.

I am trying to use MC Edit to open the world and then regenerate the chunk I know is causing the problem. The program is ugly, unintuitive, laggy, and has not fucking worked at all so far.. Perhaps I just need to spend a few hours learning. Like I really wanted to do that...

I had a rant, but it seemed to be similar to the one I posted on my forum, so I didn't bother to add it here.. :p

Lets be honest though, its a sandbox game and all that tnt sounds fun.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

The only thing everyone shared was downtime.

Yeah. Exactly. The outcome, of course now is cool and epic, but the newly named, Ziggbie's Bane, would not be worth a weeks work from 10 other people if I could not restore the world. I got lucky, that's it.

:)

anyone up for working in ziggbie's bane?

making a magical place out of a cataclysm?

Has notch fixed multiplayer yet? I'm just wondering if it's the same experience as survival single player, i.e. monster deaths and such.

Last edited:
cant stay on the server for more than 30 seconds, getting kicked out immediately :(

Has notch fixed multiplayer yet? I'm just wondering if it's the same experience as survival single player, i.e. monster deaths and such.

Some things kind of work. Health, mobs, minecarts etc work. But it's still buggier than SP.

Wow...thanks for the heads up on this game guys. At first I looked at this thread and then checked out some of the screen shots of the game and I was like "What the heck is this garbage? Are these guys on something since they like a game that looks so ridiculously crappy?"...but, luckily I did not listen to my inner demons and gave this game a shot. Let me just say I am definitely impressed. I have played way too much, and oh my gawd I must mine more! Long story short, love the game.

For those of you still on the fence, tryyyy itttt!

Latex, i was the same, until i saw a video about it. the guy there started out buy explaining how it worked, he went like "and now i can use the wood i just mined to place it anywhere in the world. and another one on top of that, and another one, then one to the side, and three down, and now i have a doorway. lets build a house for that." and i was like: uhm, F*** YEAH. i want to do that.

Heh, an odd game, but pretty fun. I was hooked too, but it was the video of the guy burning down the house by accident that caught my attention.

Not that I want to build a house and burn it down on purpose or anything...

Anyone else's game crashing all the time lately? Game seems to have a huge memory leak, like every 10 or 15 minutes it dies and it is taking up 1gb+ of ram

Anyone else's game crashing all the time lately? Game seems to have a huge memory leak, like every 10 or 15 minutes it dies and it is taking up 1gb+ of ram

yeah, in windows 7 with 12gb ram its completely just closing out.
osx with 8gb ram it locks up pretty hard and i have to force close it.

Terrible. I feel this is worse than the last server...just my opinion, but i am crashing constantly all through out the day...cant stay logged on for more than like ten or fifteen min.

If you're on a 64-bit OS and are getting a lot of crashes and/or black screens, then try installing the 64-bit version of java. I did that and I literally have not crashed in days.

Use Internet Explorer 64-bit and go to java.com and install the 64-bit version. (That's how I did it anyway)

Terrible. I feel this is worse than the last server...just my opinion, but i am crashing constantly all through out the day...cant stay logged on for more than like ten or fifteen min.

the server feels A LOT better to me.

old server i had huge issues with a 5-10 second lag when opening chests(my biggest gripe)

the new server, i've had zero issues with

This game is horrible.. I want the past 3 months of my life back, my job back, my kids to love me again, my old friends back, my new online friends gone, my heightened sense of architecture gone, and somebody needs to smack the fucking smile off my face that I express while I am playing this awful game.

This game is horrible.. I want the past 3 months of my life back, my job back, my kids to love me again, my old friends back, my new online friends gone, my heightened sense of architecture gone, and somebody needs to smack the fucking smile off my face that I express while I am playing this awful game.

Who told you to get out of the mine shaft?

Wow...thanks for the heads up on this game guys. At first I looked at this thread and then checked out some of the screen shots of the game and I was like "What the heck is this garbage? Are these guys on something since they like a game that looks so ridiculously crappy?"...but, luckily I did not listen to my inner demons and gave this game a shot. Let me just say I am definitely impressed. I have played way too much, and oh my gawd I must mine more! Long story short, love the game.

For those of you still on the fence, tryyyy itttt!

Lets just say, the game payed for itself for me on day 1. I have logged over 200+ hours now on multipul servers, including 8 hours yesterday due to no work to do (stupid ice storm knocked down our hubs lines).

have you guys run into any issues on the MP server where another player can't do anything in a certain area? (IE can't place or destroy blocks, open chests etc)

friend is having that issue on my server but just in one specific spot inside and around our main house. He can't till land, farm stuff, create blocks, add block, use stove, open chest or anything...all he can do is walk there.

have you guys run into any issues on the MP server where another player can't do anything in a certain area? (IE can't place or destroy blocks, open chests etc)

friend is having that issue on my server but just in one specific spot inside and around our main house. He can't till land, farm stuff, create blocks, add block, use stove, open chest or anything...all he can do is walk there.

have you protected a spot?

Can other players modify the spot the player can't? I thought I saw something about how the spawn area can't be modified at all. By anyone. Is it possible that character is at spawn and doesn't realize it?

Can other players modify the spot the player can't? I thought I saw something about how the spawn area can't be modified at all. By anyone. Is it possible that character is at spawn and doesn't realize it?

well only myself and my friend play but I'll try it on my wifes account when I get home. The house is not on the spawn. We marked the main spawn point unless all players have their own unique spawn.

well only myself and my friend play but I'll try it on my wifes account when I get home. The house is not on the spawn. We marked the main spawn point unless all players have their own unique spawn.

I was going to say that it is in the spawn area... but if that's not the case I don't know. Try making him an admin and seeing if that fixes it. If it does, maybe you were still too close to the spawn... it's a decently sized area. Only admins are able to modify things in spawns so that could be why you are able to modify it and not him.

Hashland is unplayable for me at the moment. I log in but fell thru the world until i timed out.

anyone else?

Hashland is unplayable for me at the moment. I log in but fell thru the world until i timed out.

anyone else?

The neighborhood so far in my city

2011-01-12_123005.png

anyone else?

Same thing happened to me. I'm guessing the server hasn't been reset in a while. It was a little choppy last night, but now it's literally unplayable.

Same thing happened to me. I'm guessing the server hasn't been reset in a while. It was a little choppy last night, but now it's literally unplayable.

the client is really bad. Huge mem leak.

oh well.. ill have to work !:D

Yeah I think the issue is that the server basically needs like daily downtime during which the server is restarted, or maybe even every 12 hours or so.

Back