Minecraft

I posted this video here earlier...

Old video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mCalKw5GVg

I have since modified my cave. It is now a keep/dungeon. It reaches from the clouds all the way down to the bedrock. I've also started making rooms inside of it. The tower you see was not built up. It was an entire mountain that I carved away to make it.

New video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNKyxaW7Wpo

Not gonna lie, I thought you were going to die at teh end of that first one, lol.
Nice hole!

That's what she said.

I LOLed when I read "I can wait", that almost took a turn for the type of quality posts you find on the official forums.

Hashland now a more private server? Don't see the info here or on the hashland forums unless I register.

I LOLed when I read "I can wait", that almost took a turn for the type of quality posts you find on the official forums.

Hashland now a more private server? Don't see the info here or on the hashland forums unless I register.

For the sake of keeping the address quiet for now yeah I have it posted on the Hashland forums only for now. I don't want certain links to private dboxes and information to be openly public. Registering just keeps things more secure.. In a way. New server is much nicer, that I can assure you. :)

anyone want to look to something seizurable... go see my church in corsair bay.

Seizure guarantee!

cant log in to the hash forums...hmm...I had to re-register with my user name....
Also, cannot log in to the hash server...sigh.
Ok..my previous user name had a typo..that was the problem...but still no go on the server

Last edited:
See above...my user name had a typo.....server is down?

Server just had memory dump crash.. Dunno why. I can only assume that without regular reboots, the server will degrade in performance and eventually crash. Most likely because of the memory leak issues. I'm not entirely certain, mostly assuming here.

Anyways, the server is back up. :)

Ojax, couldnt you just have the server reboot during a certain time every day?

is the srever back up yet? Cause I cant connect this morning.

Failed to connect to server
connection refused

Server was a lot better when I got on today and hashman was on. Soon after he logged it got progressively worse. Probably 3 hrs or so later and it was back to horrible lagginess. Not sure how often that means reboots will have to be, maybe every 6 hrs? Could this be automated so that when the admin's not around the server keeps running smoothly?

Last edited:
Server was a lot better when I got on today and hashman was on. Soon after he logged it got progressively worse. Probably 3 hrs or so later and it was back to horrible lagginess. Not sure how often that means reboots will have to be, maybe every 6 hrs? Could this be automated so that when the admin's not around the server keeps running smoothly?

dunno about the host setup but assuming the OS is windows it's really easy to schedule a batch file to run every 6 hours.

Most likely not windows, probably linux. This could also be due to hMod which will be resolved when bukkit is released and functioning. When minecraft goes multithreaded the amount of lag should drop considerably.

Hmod is forcing everything through a single thread. If you have a processor with hyperthreading you get better performance.

They are also saying that bukkit will allow other code languages for plugins which will increase performance on some levels.

Only reason I blame hmod is there is no lag at all on my little atom server, hash's vps should considerably more powerful. The biggest difference is the plugins I only have 2 that require much of any processing at all and that's minimal when they are even used. When I finish my server build ill open hardcraft back up and start looking into useful plugins for it.

I think I may have killed it with my juke box and green record lol.
Zexx.

That would be the problem, Hardcraft is down till bukkit replaces hMod, and till I get the new server built... which could technically be anytime... just... waiting for my days off...

Going to see if a SSD will improve server performance enough to merit cost

HashLand is down. Someone I gave access to cuboid decided to stop using his goddamn brain and childishly filled a massive area with TNT and set it off... This person then laughing to themselves thinking its SOoo funny to blow blocks up, corrupted that chunk, and crashed the server. Now, that entire chunk is fucked. If anyone starts to load it, or warp near there, the server crashes.

Cuboid has /cfill AIR To remove large areas of blocks.. The mere fact he used TNT puzzles me, annoys me, and seriously makes me want to throw shit around. The backup plugin has not been updated to Beta, so the entire weeks worth of progress will most likely be lost.

I am trying to use MC Edit to open the world and then regenerate the chunk I know is causing the problem. The program is ugly, unintuitive, laggy, and has not fucking worked at all so far.. Perhaps I just need to spend a few hours learning. Like I really wanted to do that...

I had a rant, but it seemed to be similar to the one I posted on my forum, so I didn't bother to add it here.. :p

Hey Hash, Thanks for going through all this trouble for us.

I really do appreciate it, and I am sure that the others do too!

Zexx

Hey Hash, Thanks for going through all this trouble for us.

I really do appreciate it, and I am sure that the others do too!

Zexx

+1.

I appreciate all the work you do too.

I think I fixed it. I spent around 4 hours with the world loaded on my home server.

What I had to do was, For one, login as Foobix, as hashmang was inside the problem chunk. I then spent over 3 hours running from Pirate Cove to Ziggbie Nation. I basically walked in the air until my magic carpet stopped loading ahead of me, then stopped. I would then type something in chat, and wait.. I had waited over 10 minutes at various points before the carpet came back, and the test appeared. One or two blocks towards Ziggbie Nation at a time, slowly loading the chunk which had roughly 70 - 80,000 TNT blocks going off, 1 layer at a time.

Eventually after a few hours and halfway through my second BBC Documentary on Netflix, I was able to creep past the walls of Ziggbie Nation, and discover what exactly the result of that much TNT going off was..

I am testing a bit more, and then I will zip it and upload it back to the server host. I will then have to test it online myself before I allow people to join. I will post on the hash forums when it is back up.. Probably an hour or two. :p

DogChainX

Once the server gets back up I can give you a quick guide on how to build something like my tower.
Just have a spot figured out :) also to save on blocks you may want to build down instead of up. something I thought of when I was in the middle of mine :)

HashLand is down. Someone I gave access to cuboid decided to stop using his goddamn brain and childishly filled a massive area with TNT and set it off...
Tbh this is the best argument why there shouldn't be different classes of users. No one but the admin needs cuboid. If they don't want to build by hand then they can go and fuck themselves, at least that's the way I'd look at it if I were the admin.

DogChainX

Once the server gets back up I can give you a quick guide on how to build something like my tower.
Just have a spot figured out :) also to save on blocks you may want to build down instead of up. something I thought of when I was in the middle of mine :)

I checked out your death machine last night, Z. very impressive. Especially making it look good as well as functional...

Back