Minecraft

My biggest problem with Minecraft is that I can't seem to stick with a world... I keep starting new levels so I can spend that first night scambling for resources.

I guess part of it is the fact that updates keep adding new content (water mobs next week, anyone? :eek:). I keep starting a new map to make sure I get the content right away as opposed to running out and gnerating a new chunk.

That being said, I think I'll go generate a new map 0_o

My biggest problem with Minecraft is that I can't seem to stick with a world... I keep starting new levels so I can spend that first night scambling for resources.

I guess part of it is the fact that updates keep adding new content (water mobs next week, anyone? :eek:). I keep starting a new map to make sure I get the content right away as opposed to running out and gnerating a new chunk.

That being said, I think I'll go generate a new map 0_o

I did the same thing for the longest time. Then I switched over to playing SMP. Now I only play SSP when the server is down.

And since Hashland is down at the moment, I'm going to go generate a new world as well :)

Bah arr4ws! What program did you recommend using to generate the massive image of our world? I can't seem to find one that works, or works with Beta.. however, I am assuming they all should work with Beta worlds..

Our world is 130 MBs now too! :O

Edit: Nevermind, Found a program called Minemapper that seems to be working. I am generating the world now.. =D

Cartograph also works with Beta worlds. never used Minemapper, I'll give it a try.

I just generated the entire exposed world on HashLand into a .png file using minemapper... The file dimensions are... 30538x13866 around 1.6 gigs in size.. Dunno why lol.. First pass ( 1/ 9 ) is creating a temp image, and even that is around 256mbs lol

I will obviously just crop out the main area after this, but I wanted to see how big the file would be. :p Ziggbie's wall is small! :p The huge run Zigg and I took out west loaded a LOT of chunks hehe.. I forgot we spawned a pyramid 8000 blocks away.. and then a rectangular block half the size of Pirate Cove made out of Brick Blocks hehe...

I will add the images of the world on the Hashland forum when they are cropped and uploaded. :)

I just generated the entire exposed world on HashLand into a .png file using minemapper... The file dimensions are... 30538x13866 around 1.6 gigs in size.. Dunno why lol.. First pass ( 1/ 9 ) is creating a temp image, and even that is around 256mbs lol

I will obviously just crop out the main area after this, but I wanted to see how big the file would be. :p Ziggbie's wall is small! :p The huge run Zigg and I took out west loaded a LOT of chunks hehe.. I forgot we spawned a pyramid 8000 blocks away.. and then a rectangular block half the size of Pirate Cove made out of Brick Blocks hehe...

I will add the images of the world on the Hashland forum when they are cropped and uploaded. :)

I'm going to ask Zigg if he minds if I start covering up his wall. Its an eyesore from my fortress view. LOL :D

I'm going to ask Zigg if he minds if I start covering up his wall. Its an eyesore from my fortress view. LOL :D

Just put a "scene" painting 1 block thick on the side of the wall you can see so that it looks like something is there. That would be awesome.

Lol.. Once you load the entire world and zoom down into the area we are in, everything seems MUCH smaller hehe :D

Ziggbie's wall seems about right for his own little, "Nation" hehe.. Also whoever built out past my EpiCoaster to the south has a massive oasis built !! =o Who did dat? lol :eek:blivious:

The entire world image in .png format is only a 46 meg file. The main area crop is 18 megs and I cropped out harsaphes's maze way out east into an image file as well. :)

I am uploading the world images now. I will post the links on the HashLand forums when they are finished. :)

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by 'south' of your coaster, but if you mean top-rightish in your posted image on the hash forums, then that's mine.

post them here!

i'm not on the hashland forums :(
Thus defeating the purpose of a hashland forum?

Yea... that's killing me.:eek:

Fine! lol.. I wanted it to be ugly puke green mess from years past, but whatever! I changed it. :p

If you don't like the subtle light blue - green gradient colors, you can wait until someone crops their own edit and posts it here. ;D

My forums are sexy, I take offense to your insults! lol

The activity on my favorite trolling ground has finally caught up with me and I got a 72 hour ban on the "official" MC forum. Not entirely sure why, I thought I kept it to an intellectually challenging level of trolling, but meh. Perma-ban is next, will work on that just as soon as I can post on there again.

haha. Link to the thread!

Can't, no idea which one it was and I can't read the PM where they say which one it was because I can't log it. Will need to wait till I can log in again.

My guess would be that someone just got a bit too sensitive. I don't think I went beyond calling people retards but still explaining why they are retarded. I did suggest that some guy paid for his Minecraft account by providing man love but then again he wrote that he wanted an account badly and found some dude who paid for it and now he's playing with that dude. So it's not unreasonable to assume that there were services rendered. ;)

EDIT: LOL I found it: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=125067 Pretty clear that the valeriaha dude reported me for that one. Should be good for me to keep an eye on his posts and hit report whenever appropriate. Was my second warning, I think my first was for pointing out that most Minecraft users who are saying that they are female and asking for someone to gift them a code are actually male IRL. Shouldn't be too hard to grab another one and be done with that forum.

Last edited:
No other screenshot has ever made me start considering an Eyefinity setup. :eek: I wanna play Minecraft like that!! Meh! lol

There are a couple interesting videos on YouTube of people running Minecraft on Eyefinity setups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QrYhyjwGm4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT82u5n4JAQ&feature=related (this guy has a moderately NSFW background at the beginning of the video, but hey--what are you doing watching Minecraft YouTube videos at work anyway. :p)

I just ordered the $200 Sapphire 5870 that's on sale from Newegg right now. I hope Minecraft runs well enough at 5040x1050; there aren't many Minecraft EF/Surround benchmarks out there. ;) I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

you guys playing at such hi-res, do you you use hi-res texture packs or something? I can't even stand to play MC at 1650x1080 and I haven't found a texture pack I actually like and one that doesn't change the default look so much. I always end up playing in a little window.

you guys playing at such hi-res, do you you use hi-res texture packs or something? I can't even stand to play MC at 1650x1080 and I haven't found a texture pack I actually like and one that doesn't change the default look so much. I always end up playing in a little window.

Suck it up and stop being such a baby. :p:p The Hi-res texture packs are horrible. I'm using Gerudoku 32x texture pack

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=77619

I just ordered the $200 Sapphire 5870 that's on sale from Newegg right now. I hope Minecraft runs well enough at 5040x1050; there aren't many Minecraft EF/Surround benchmarks out there. ;) I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

That's more than enough card lol -- It will run just fine, but the sides are incredibly fisheyed. If we could modify the FOV it would be better. I primarily play on the center screen and have a web browser, itunes, putty for ssh, vlc, etc. etc. open on the others.

Do you guys wanna join HashLand again? hehe I am posting the new server address in the HashLand forums in 5 minutes or so!

Can it be?? :eek:

New Server is UP! I have posted it in the HashLand forum! =)

Last edited:
Suck it up and stop being such a baby. :p:p The Hi-res texture packs are horrible. I'm using Gerudoku 32x texture pack

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=77619

maybe I'll try this one. It odesn't look at bad as some of the others. One of the hires packs I tried, I couldn't tell iron from coal....

ther rest of the items look very close to the original which a lot of packs didn't do so it was like learning all over again and some things were just so messed up couldn't tell what they were.

maybe I'll try this one. It odesn't look at bad as some of the others. One of the hires packs I tried, I couldn't tell iron from coal....

ther rest of the items look very close to the original which a lot of packs didn't do so it was like learning all over again and some things were just so messed up couldn't tell what they were.

Best texture pack around is Misa's Overhaul 64x64 texture pack. It always works, works with the Ambient Occlusion mod and Zan's minimap mod. The animals, players default skins are all changed as well. Uses the mcpatcher utility. Just use the MCpatcher to patch to 64, and then copy + paste misas into the .jar file manually.

Don't patch Custom water or Custom Lava either.. That may cause problems still! =)

man, reading the stuff in this thread here makes me want to buy the game and play with you instead of playing singleplayer -.-
is it worth the 15 bucks?

Back