Minecraft

The 5870, one of them will let you use three monitors for Eyefinity Minecraft :p

Eyefinity... Minecraft...

ICanSeeForever.JPG

I had an idea for a mod: mini golf!

First, you can construct the course with the tools that we have so far.
Second, we can have clubs made from wood, stone, titanium (craftable), etc.
And third, the multiplayer aspect would make it pretty fun...and the dynamics of the map would create a fun atmosphere for a mini golf game.

What do you guys think?

Needs to be more people on in the morning. I ran around admiring everyones work for a few hours only couple people to talk to... then they left too

if mine carts get functioning, I thing you should rail the hub and all the main tunnels... that was a LOT of running...

If one of you wonderful admin type people gets on Sul's server, could you please give me builder abilities?

I'm not sure if Minecraft is easy to code or if Notch is just THAT good. Once he really starts working on it, there are always big changes quickly.

I think a lot of people are forgetting this is still an Alpha build of a game.

Hell, for most games we rarely ever see even screenshots or movies from an alpha build

He's in a world of hurt from those DDoS asshats if the doesn't get the patch out in time! :p

Things are looking pretty good:
http://i.imgur.com/bPmYJ.png

Twitter highlights:
"Portals won't work in SMP in this update."
"One known bug currently. But I've got a feeling there might be more after the release, so I'll stay up a while. =)"
"Oh nuts, I can't get the portal to work in SMP in time. I'll add a flag to start in either normal or Nether mode so you can try it in smp"

I think the update is out now... but the server is too hammered to respond.

EDIT: Woot! Downloading the update!

EDIT2: Some problems I've encountered:
When you die, you no long drop your inventory to the ground.
No sound effect for when you take damage.

Last edited:
Can fish be seen in the water?

I'm ready for The Slip :):
javaw_2010_10_30_15_06_11_248.jpg

javaw_2010_10_30_15_06_21_619.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh. Game crashed. Updated when I started it up. Now I can't get on the server because it is outdated :(

I think the update is out now... but the server is too hammered to respond.

EDIT: Woot! Downloading the update!

EDIT2: Some problems I've encountered:
When you die, you no long drop your inventory to the ground.
No sound effect for when you take damage.

The "inventory doesn't drop when you die" bug applies to single player as well :*(

Well if he looks at loot being dropped upon death, I hope he considers setting it so your items jump back into the place they were before dieing when picked up. It's annoying to go get your stuff knowing the thing is near dead and having your weapon hidden in your inventory and having blocks of stone in your useable slots.

And I find it hard to make sure I picked up everything when it jumbles around like it does.

Theres about infinity billion mobs around my portal (on the hell side) that i can't even get in without dying! Yikes this is awesome and crazy :)

Loss of inventory upon death is a confirmed bug, same with lack of snow falling in winter areas.

I've personally experienced both as well as strange shadow behavior in certain spots. Best I can describe it; no transition between light area to dark area, just a harsh cut to the darkest dark. I've seen this on cliffs and under tall trees.

Sorry about that, saw 0 clients so I shut it down...

Maybe I was scrolled up some...

Anyway, rolling new world (after backing up the old one) due to the server getting a critical error every time I tried to start it.

New server is up, running Hey0's mod... and no plugins...

People are logging in... It's wide open at the moment tho.

Last edited:
Back